Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-07-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
I got my Marcum used and the guy had 2 cameras with it. He said the original one would fog up so they sent him a replacement.
After sitting around for however long the moisture evaporated and picture was fine when I got it.
So what I did to both cameras, and would do to any camera now is I put some 3M 5200 (marine adhesive) at the end of the cable, since I’m guessing that’s where the leak came from.
After the 5200 cured, I taped over the lens and sprayed the whole thing with Leak-seal, same as the Flex-Seal. Put 2 coats on, and add another at the end of the season. The camera doesn’t leak / fog anymore so it seems to have worked.
Cheap insurance even if it’s not leaking.
that same thing happened to me. I have a feeling the biggest reason why is it allows water into some areas. and then when i take it out and let it freeze, its expands and contracts itself and opens it up.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 01-07-2019, 11:34 AM

Default Fish cameras!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi_man View Post
that same thing happened to me. I have a feeling the biggest reason why is it allows water into some areas. and then when i take it out and let it freeze, its expands and contracts itself and opens it up.

Maybe open it up and dry it out good, then try what I did. Get the 5200 fast cure, since the regular takes a week to cure. It’s awesome stuff, and stays flexible but bonds like crazy. I put it on about 1/8 inch thick and about an inch up the cable and down the camera. I’d consider putting it over the seams of the housing also.

I’d suggest writing Marcum, if you haven’t. An LX-9 isn’t cheap and if they didn’t even meet you half way I’d be pretty disappointed. They charge a small fortune for the camera but knowing the camera is $15 retail, and the housing and cable can’t be that much for them, it’s not like it’s gonna hurt their profits.

Mention your an active member on a large Internet forum and you’ll likely share your disappointment if they don’t help. Maybe, lol. Maybe add that if they try to dismiss you.

Last edited by PlayDoh; 01-07-2019 at 11:41 AM.