Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
There would be a lot more murders if there was no enforcement.
Oh, and before you ask, I don’t own an atv.
That’s not how it works at all actually. More enforcement officers in the US, more murders. Less enforcement officers in Canada, less murders, Per Capita.
Anyways back to the conversation at hand, unless they can catch people they can’t fine them. If someone can camp or quad anywhere then it makes it hard to find them. Just like poaching. Poaching can be done almost anywhere in this province so catching them is difficult but if they limit the room they can move then you have a better chance of catching people. We can’t have a CO hiding around every corner otherwise we’d all be paying 75% taxes to enforce it. We need to police ourselves as outdoorsmen but these aren’t outdoorsmen. They are juveniles who wreck it for everyone so they have to be corralled like the children that need to stay in the playpen, but we all get lumped into it.
I’d rather see something done that I’ve seen work than have our backcountry turned into a littered mud hole. Maybe they are going too far but so far, on this item I don’t have any issues. If they limit hunting a fishing then we will see.