Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2010, 11:27 PM

Exclamation Can Someone provide some Info on This .22LR?

Hey AO member, hope you're all well.
I'm sort of stumped and was hoping you guys can help me!
I was scouting recently for deer and moose in my favorite hunting zone the other day, and i wound up meeting a farmer while looking for permission. The gentlemen and i took sometime trading stories and eventually it came around to his tale of this bolt action .22 LR he has that wont shoot straight. He happend to have a piece of drywall handy that he has recently shot at with this gun, and so i examined it. The wholes left in this target were oblong and sort of ovalish. I figure this is most likely due to his rifling in the barrel being worn out or possibly clogged and the bullet is tumbling in the air. I aggreed to take it with me and see what i could do with it. He claims it's all he has for shooting coyotes. Anyways! I've been trying to pass a .22 wire brushes, patches, and even bore snakes through this barrel but theres a spot so built up in there i cant pass these through.. Should i try a .17 cal brush? I dont think a new barrel is an option because i doubt i'd ever find parts, the barrel stamp reads as follows Karl Burgsmuller Sen. Krelensen CAL 22 LR. I tried searching for information on google but turned up nothing close. Anyone know anything about this gun, or brand? And is there any other suggestions to clearing this barrel?

THANKS!

Tags
.22 lr, bolt action, clearing barrel, rifling