Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-13-2010, 04:33 PM

I can't make this one, swamped at work and home. Coincidentally, my son is part of a group that is having a father / son outing on the 24th and 25th. Maybe I'll see some of you if you're still around. If any of you can pass on any information as to where I can take a few boys I would be grateful as I have no idea about the area except for the Highwood.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
.......,,,,????............,,,.......,,!!!!!!!!!.. ........????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????.. .................
.................................................. .................... ... ! & ???

... ..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the coffee!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:04 AM

I was hoping to get there but doesn't look like I can-my work and some personal business have me swamped. If you see a good looking old guy with a beautiful yellow lab that will be me! If things change I will be there-I was down there last year after Ken suggested the area. I went for a weekend and stayed 10 days-those were the days. Ken will tell you the Cataract is worth the hike and so is that river that runs south further south past the road to Cataract. There are some good crown spots there also-next year?
If I don't get down I hope everyone enjoys themselves! Lindsay I miss you and the CR already!!!!

Tony and Abby
Old 09-14-2010, 07:41 PM

Well, we officially own a (nice) trailer We don't pick it up until Thursday night, but I'm starting to cue up everything that needs to loaded into it in the hallway. I figure I can get it loaded Thursday night in a couple of hours after the trailer comes home.

I'm hoping to wind up there behind Mr. & Mrs. JTS1, so they can choose the spot they'd like to be in for the duration of their stay before we get there: since they'll be there the longest. I'm thinking our goal is to be rolling out of here around noon, but I can't say for sure.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:09 PM

Congratulations Shelley, its about time eh? We are officially bailing on the weekend, I have too much to do here and Im not ready to dig out my snowsuit yet either. Hope you all have a good time!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-14-2010, 08:22 PM

Default Good stuff

Good to hear its official. Actually we are on vacation until the following Wednesday so if we get snowed in or stay we will almost be there forever.
We are prepared for all and trailer is loaded except for the fridge so bring on the sun, snow and rain. Saw the forecast on the news and at least Friday and Saturday are supposed to be good. Too bad I have to work and not get out until Saturday night.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:13 PM

Seal the deal on the motor home tomorrow night. May have lost a few days due to work stuff. Not sure

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 09-15-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
What happened to the "Alberta Outdoorsmen".
They are all in Florida casting a fly over bonefish on the florida flats

As much as Id love to get down in that country and do some fishing I have decided to stay around the homestead and get some things done here. With hunting season opening this weekend I need to make sure Im caught up on the chores.

Take lots of pics/ and have a blast........
Old 09-15-2010, 08:03 AM

Default trailer

congrats on the new trailer shelly.
looking forward to fishing & or camping with you guys next year.
if we get a summer that is.lol

orv.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
Just as I mentioned last night about the weather it has already changed. Rain Saturday now and Sunday and freezing rain too. After that it is going to be nice and by the end of the week suntan weather. Great for a holiday week.
Here is a link for anyone who wants to check.

http://www.accuweather.com/canada-fo...etric=1&set=99
YUCK mother nature isnt co-operating
Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 AM

Well try as I might ... the bathroom is still not back together 100%.

So I will be trying to finish tiling instead

__
S
Old 09-16-2010, 08:40 PM

Well, we've got out trailer at home (will certainly do some camping together next year, Orv ).

I'll be starting to load it pronto. We do, however have a couple of issues to resolve with our hitch and our hitch's wiring. This could slow us down tomorrow, and perhaps delay us a day.

Who else is planning to be there tomorrow?

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:16 PM

not going to make it down for this weekend. will try and get there later next week
Old 09-17-2010, 12:12 PM

We're going to head out first thing tomorrow morning. Getting everything loaded an organized is taking longer than we thought, and I don't want to get there and be setting up in the dark. It looks like all of our wiring and hitch issues are worked out, but we've still got to go grocery shopping and a couple of loads of laundry to do

If anyone wants to coordinate, or put in a site request at the campground---you would like site 20, so we'll choose 21 or 22 (depending on availability, and condition ie. abundant berries or other items of concern)---let me know and we'll see what we can do. Also, if anyone wants my cell number, please use the EMAIL function to request it.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:54 PM

I hope we have solved our staffing problem at work. We will have a responce today from IS2 some staffing place that has a guy or two with a steam ticket. That would leave me right back on track and able to have my full days off and injoy myself. If this is the case I will be ready and able tomorrow night

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 09-17-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
I hope we have solved our staffing problem at work. We will have a responce today from IS2 some staffing place that has a guy or two with a steam ticket. That would leave me right back on track and able to have my full days off and injoy myself. If this is the case I will be ready and able tomorrow night
Just call in sick and get fishing!!!! Been there with Operator staff shortages.. sucks to have to run a place 24/7 with six guys when you need ten..
Old 09-17-2010, 06:09 PM

Default :( Can't make it.

Can't make it out there now So much for fishing this year

BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD

GHANDI

Last edited by michelle; 09-17-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Change of Plans
Old 09-17-2010, 09:33 PM

Default Change of plans it looks like.......

Since it appears there will be little or hardly anyone going we had a chat and have decided instead of going there we are going to head straight to PCR when we head out on Sunday instead of end of the week as we had originally planned to go. If anyone wants to come out for a day trip or join up down there sometime in the next ten days or so feel free. We can't leave until Sunday but we are off until the 29th so have lots of time to hang out and have a few campfires, pops and maybe even fish PCR and a few other places nearby. For those who we have not met yet we are in the green Chev Silverado with an Outddorsmen trailer with the buffalo on the front.
Hopefully the weather gets better as it looks for later in the week. If anyone would like to call or check in with us we will have the cell on. Just p.m. me if you need the number.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:01 AM

Have fun everybody!! Jealous for sure. Catch lotsa fish and take care of one another. One of these days I hope to join ya"ll!
Cheers n GL
Old 09-18-2010, 09:00 AM

Well, we're heading to Chain now, since so many won't make it. Chain will work better for us with the playground and the stocked bows. Nice beach area, too.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
Nice beach area, too.
Hope you didnt forget to pack your down filled bikini! hmmm that doesnt sound right for some reason

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich