Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-08-2012, 08:08 PM

Default Big River Walleye Classic

Hey Guys
Big River Walleye Classic is a go again this year (2012).The tourny will be held June 30-July 1st.We will be updating the website soon, See you all on the trail and at Big River.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnyder View Post
Hey Guys
Big River Walleye Classic is a go again this year (2012).The tourny will be held June 30-July 1st.We will be updating the website soon, See you all on the trail and at Big River.
Oh Ya,- the biggest fish for the Western Canadian Walleye Trail was caught here again.Thats two years in a row for big fish
Old 02-08-2012, 11:08 PM

I have tried to do this tourney for the last two years and it just seems to be on the worst possible weekend of the year, any thoughts on changing it in the near future?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosaire1 View Post
I have tried to do this tourney for the last two years and it just seems to be on the worst possible weekend of the year, any thoughts on changing it in the near future?
We cant, because we have to fit in with the Western Canadian Walleye Trail schedual and the Sask Walleye Trail schedual, plus the fish police and permiting guys would prefer we didnt hold it any lator because of water temps and fish mortality.( we dont want any dead fish!!! )Besides it works out great with Canada day celebrations, fireworks on the beach.Good fun
Old 02-09-2012, 08:06 AM

Does this toun fill up most years i'm interested in doing it?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapala76 View Post
Does this toun fill up most years i'm interested in doing it?
So far we havnt filled ,but it is a well run tourny and the lake is beutifull ,so its just a matter of time.Lots of guys bring there families for some beach time and fishing
Old 02-09-2012, 08:18 PM

How far from Calgary approx?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishingiwasfishing View Post
How far from Calgary approx?
I think it is about 8ish hrs, 6ish from edmonton, 2.5ish from Saskatoon, 3ish from coal lake, 10 min from my house . We drive 11 ish to the slave lake tournys so this should be a breeze for ya.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think it is about 8ish hrs, 6ish from edmonton, 2.5ish from Saskatoon, 3ish from coal lake, 10 min from my house . We drive 11 ish to the slave lake tournys so this should be a breeze for ya.
Only if he drives like you buddy!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
Only if he drives like you buddy!!!
BAHAHAHA- USOFUNNY (_!_) (_o_)
Old 02-12-2012, 06:52 AM

Old 02-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Banned

I'll be fishing that tourney until they pry the rod from my cold dead fingers. Maria Point, Zig Zag, Ship Island, Rocky Point and East Bay, wait 'til ya get a load of me!! Plus a couple of spots not so far off. 6 dozen harness rigs and 3 dozen Lindy rigs; do you think I have enough tackle for a week?

Good times, good fishing, good people. I am hoping to move up 33 places

Free
Old 02-15-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom55 View Post
i'll be fishing that tourney until they pry the rod from my cold dead fingers. Maria point, zig zag, ship island, rocky point and east bay, wait 'til ya get a load of me!! Plus a couple of spots not so far off. 6 dozen harness rigs and 3 dozen lindy rigs; do you think i have enough tackle for a week?

free
Old 03-04-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Hey Guys
Grace has mailed out new entrys to everyone involved.Hope we didnt miss anyone, ifn so send the one off the website.ITS ALL GOOD
Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 PM

Long way to go and a very tough lake to catch eyes in. Some nice size fish just have get them to bite... Would like to fish it but just not worth it. Hate to see someone sign up and be very dissapointed. Just sayin..
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy10 View Post
Long way to go and a very tough lake to catch eyes in. Some nice size fish just have get them to bite... Would like to fish it but just not worth it. Hate to see someone sign up and be very dissapointed. Just sayin..
There is a lot of big fish in this lake and IMO its well worth the drive. According to my friend which did this tourney last year people are very friendly and helpful and its run first class unlike some other tournaments. I do about 7 tourneys a year and I am adding this one to my list. Looking forward to being there, only thing is I whish it could be on a different weekend.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosaire1 View Post
There is a lot of big fish in this lake and IMO its well worth the drive. According to my friend which did this tourney last year people are very friendly and helpful and its run first class unlike some other tournaments. I do about 7 tourneys a year and I am adding this one to my list. Looking forward to being there, only thing is I whish it could be on a different weekend.
Thanks, and yes fishing was tough on the sunday last year but of the other 5 tournys i fished, they were all tough .Even, pinhurst was unbeilivably tough.Over 1/2 the teams gots skunked on the sunday.It just was a tough year all around ,most places.I think it was the high water ??? Deleronde can be tough, but on a good day ive seen a lot of big walleye taken out, ive personaly seen a few over 11 pds.And OMG, some big pike also.When the fishing is tough it kinda weeds out the good fisherman fast, the fellow who won last year was on big fish all day while others couldnt find a walleye ( me ) and he was all by himself away from the pack.The team that won the year before was in the money allso ,they had no problems. Its not suposed to be easy ,or anybody could do it .
Looking forward to seeing you here, we tried to take the best of all the tournys we fish and combine it into ours and the people here are awsum.Good times for all
See ya soon
Bob
Old 03-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Banned

Default Walleye Classic

With the news that two tounaments on the Walleye Tour have been cancelled for 2012, then it would seem logical that some teams that don't already travel to Big River will consider Delaronde Lake as an alternate place to compete.

The guys that did travel to Saskatchewan would have told two friends and two friends... etc.

Probably a good time to get on the top 100 list. No waiting. Big cash.

Free
Old 03-07-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I'll be fishing that tourney until they pry the rod from my cold dead fingers. Maria Point, Zig Zag, Ship Island, Rocky Point and East Bay, wait 'til ya get a load of me!! Plus a couple of spots not so far off. 6 dozen harness rigs and 3 dozen Lindy rigs; do you think I have enough tackle for a week?

Free
good luck guys, I look forward to the thread in july with the pictures and the results.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
With the news that two tounaments on the Walleye Tour have been cancelled for 2012, then it would seem logical that some teams that don't already travel to Big River will consider Delaronde Lake as an alternate place to compete.

The guys that did travel to Saskatchewan would have told two friends and two friends... etc.

Probably a good time to get on the top 100 list. No waiting. Big cash.

Free
Which 2 tourneys? Faust and? i havent heard yet.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJohnson View Post
All i heard was Faust, hopefully nothing else
Old 03-07-2012, 08:53 PM

just got my entry for big river missed it last year but fished it first year. Great tournament. People are freindly tournament is run very well.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallycranker View Post
just got my entry for big river missed it last year but fished it first year. Great tournament. People are freindly tournament is run very well.
Where can i get a entry form
Old 03-07-2012, 10:01 PM

talk to bsnyder on the previous replys. if not able to get ahold of him i can send you contact info. can also go to big river walleye classic website
Old 03-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Banned

This is a very well run tournament but Delaronde is a very tough lake to catch walleye. If you can find them you will catch them. I would definitely fish this tournament annually but work has a habit of getting in the way. Delaronde is a beautiful lake, extremely vast with alot of pike to be caught, and yes as everyone else said, the people are great!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Banned

Default My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJohnson View Post
Sorry. I took information from a wrong source and foolishly repeated it. I'll try to not let it happen again. Faust it is (was?)

Free
Old 03-08-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Sorry. I took information from a wrong source and foolishly repeated it. I'll try to not let it happen again. Faust it is (was?)

Free
I beleive it is 2 tourny's cancelled but only one is on the trail. The merc classic is the one on the trail and the other cancelled derby is the firemans that usually goes june 5th weekend.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Banned

Default fishing for big bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
I beleive it is 2 tourny's cancelled but only one is on the trail. The merc classic is the one on the trail and the other cancelled derby is the firemans that usually goes june 5th weekend.
Thanks for that. I stand corrected. However, and allow me to repeat myself, an excellent reason to get on the top 100 list early with that many dedicated anglers looking for a fix this season.

Doubling the number of entrants, in this case, doubles the size of the purse.

Free
Old 03-10-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapala76 View Post
Where can i get a entry form
bigriverwalleyeclassic.ca
Old 03-10-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks for that. I stand corrected. However, and allow me to repeat myself, an excellent reason to get on the top 100 list early with that many dedicated anglers looking for a fix this season.

Doubling the number of entrants, in this case, doubles the size of the purse.

Free
Hey Dave, we done gots your enty form back, wrong address.Just take the one off the website and send that in, holding a spot fer ya
Looking like some new entrys coming in.One extra spot available ,fellow gave us a bum cheqe (we didnt know at the time ) and then won money.(Which he cashed)Been trying to get our money back to no availNice guy eh????He will never be alowed back in , but i cant beileve how a person could have no morals like this ,grrrrrrrrrrrr