Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-20-2017, 10:35 AM

Default Any cascade lake info anyone would like to share?

Hey guys, looking at making the trip down to cascade lake to see if we can find some of those monster perch. Going down feb. 14-19. We'll be taking either sleds or quads to cover some ground. Ive read the older threads and wondering if anyone has any info they'd like to share. Feel free to pm if you wish. Haven't decided what side of the lake to stay on yet. Looking at booking a cabin as there is a few of us going. Is there anything that wished you would have known before you got done there?

Could go on and on. But don't want to drag it out to much. I'm sure I'll think of more as the date gets closer

Thanks
Old 10-20-2017, 01:30 PM

Never been but In Depth Outdoors has a few videos on YouTube on Cascade lake that might be worth watching
Old 10-20-2017, 02:15 PM

We went down there a couple of years ago...apparently it was slow according to some locals we hooked up with but we still caught plenty of slabs! We rented a cabin close to the Tamarack Resort and fished not far from there. Quads or Sleds are a must as is a Bathymetric map for the sole purpose of finding and fishing close to the old river channel...outside curves in 15-22' flats worked for us! I used a small Perch colored Rippin Rap and never took it off for 4 days, spoons worked well too just keep them Perchy in color, you don't need bait on them... also we set up a couple of Jawjackers with a tungsten jig Waxworms, drop shot with a Damsel fly nymph combo, worked pretty good. There are also some really nice Rainbows swimming in there and I went off with a local for a couple of hours and hooked a bunch of them in 3' of water, his honey hole! Regardless of when you go and where you fish you have to swing by Tackle Tom's, they'll let you know whats up whats going on...have fun!!
Old 10-20-2017, 02:56 PM

I am also planning on heading out there around the 2nd weekend of Feb. With a few buddies.

I am suppose to be meeting up with Andy Fiolka while I am there to hopefully get a trip out on the ice with him.

Myself and another buddy have been researching that area for years and I think this is the year that we are going to make the trip down there.