Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post

Thx you for your comments Deamc,
The fish this person released was caught with Barbed hooks and released after tearing the hooks from the gills. He was bait running to catch fish which means the hook goes in quite deep. I did walk on the dock to net the first one that had died. Local police will come if called. Most of the RCmp located in area pp2 are educated and can inforce the f&W regs. The legal system is often abused and tested the the max. I really feel sorry the f &W officers because there hands are tied because of high priced defense lawyers.
Thx !
Wow. High priced defence Lawyers? Thats your theory. Trust me very few people hire lawyers for F & W infractions. I work at a defence firm and have never seen one file come in concerning fish and wildlife. Second the Cost of Lawyer should make you happy its a punishment in and of it self. No ones going to jail for fishing two lines. Second those pictures do not prove anything other than the guy was fishing with his kid. Even if you found a dead fish you cant prove it was culled, culled by the guy in the picture, or just released poorly.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battery View Post
to my understanding, if the kid is not around (as shown in the second photo) his line has to be out of the water. the second picture shows the adult fishing with 2 lines, which is illegal is it not?
Well, it depends on how far away the child is. He could be within the required distance, but out of camera shot.

Also, when fishing with kids it isn't uncommon for the child to declare "I have to go pee!" and be off and running in the blink of an eye: leaving you with his/her rod (and yours).

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
Well, it depends on how far away the child is. He could be within the required distance, but out of camera shot.

Also, when fishing with kids it isn't uncommon for the child to declare "I have to go pee!" and be off and running in the blink of an eye: leaving you with his/her rod (and yours).
lol agreed 100% , comon guys lets give him the E-chair for taking his kid fishing
Old 08-17-2009, 12:33 PM

I understand that we need to start kicking some ***** on poachers. But there is a heck of a lot bigger fish we could fry than this fella in the pic. Is he out there using his kid so that he can have 2 rods in the water ? Who is to say. He could very well be the spawn of evil and be a real fish killing machine that we all need to stop. Or he could be a great guy who loves spending time with his kid doing this sport we all love.... That is a choice made by guys with little to no field experience and an IQ much higher than mine. If we want to crack down there is acts off seroius gross misconduct out there That we could and should come down on like a gay man @ a biker rally
Now does photo's and a phone call fix this problem. Sometimes maybe. What if the headlines in the paper stated

POACHER FOUND BEAT UP AND TIED TO A TREE.

Hmmmm. Wonder what would work better.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 08-17-2009, 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=If we want to crack down there is acts off seroius gross misconduct out there That we could and should come down on like a gay man @ a biker rally
.[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh so hard. its so politically incorrect. i love it.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Paul, with all due respect, I must say, "Get a life man!". Stop wasting enforcement resources on something that is nothing, or better yet, take a kid fishing and see for yourself.

Tree
I'm going to step in here and call BS on all you guys that think what Paul is saying is not true. While Paul's pics may not show the poaching infraction clearly, we have two members on here that witnessed this poacher. Paul is a stand up guy that cares about fishing and Dolberg lake. I personally met Paul at Dolberg and have sat on that very dock with him and watched the poaching that goes on there. It is truely sickening. Once, these meat hungry citizens even stole 2 trout off his stringer that was tied in the water when he turned his back for a moment. I think he is finally sick and tired of the poachers there.

I'm sick and tired of some board members here that simply comment and blab negatively on most everything anybody contributes without having a friggen clue what they are talking about. BS is cheap on the internet, hell it is free.

And here is a little note for SNAPFisher who feels it necessary to call Paul a "weasel". Come out to Dolberg some weekend and introduce yourself as someone who calls Paul a "weasel" to many many of his friends there and see how good of weekend you have.

"Get a life" yourself...
Old 08-17-2009, 01:54 PM

Well Axeman , you and Paul then should call this guy in and write a story to the news lol and make sure you attach the photos too, I am sure you 2 can place this individual in a deep pool of poo, imagine the consequences he will have to face for fishing with his kid lol, this is nuts !!!,
Obviously you have no young kids or have never taken kids fishing, period (.) !!, Write a story, go after this guy, you got all the evidence 2 photos of a guy his kid and 2 rods and one stocker floating
what a case !!!! what a event of poaching !!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph1 View Post
Well Axeman , you and Paul then should call this guy in and write a story to the news lol and make sure you attach the photos too, I am sure you 2 can place this individual in a deep pool of poo, imagine the consequences he will have to face for fishing with his kid lol, this is nuts !!!,
Obviously you have no young kids or have never taken kids fishing, period (.) !!, Write a story, go after this guy, you got all the evidence 2 photos of a guy his kid and 2 rods and one stocker floating
what a case !!!! what a event of poaching !!!!
Thanks Morph, you just proved my point that you internet trollers having no friggen idea what the hell they are talking about. I have a son who is 13 and have taken him fishing hundreds of times. See you at Dolberg, Buddy....not.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:19 PM

Thumbs down Dolberg Poaching

It is easy to figure out that some people are adults and they act like 10 year old children. Those people who have responded are aware that there is much more going on here than the photo shows. If this indivdual is caught it wiil filter down to his buddies and that will prevent more poaching. The resources paid for by my taxes is to be used. On the surface the issue is minor but have long term consequences.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:19 PM
troller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
internet trollers
That's "internet trolls"

Just kidding with ya
Old 08-17-2009, 02:21 PM

Default Dolbergers

Quote:
Originally Posted by troller View Post
That's "internet trolls"

Just kidding with ya
Sometimes the english is not so goodly
Old 08-17-2009, 02:32 PM

Sorry buddy, that was was of those unintentional Freudian slips. Thanks for the correction.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:32 PM

Thumbs up Dolbergs Catch for Aug 16, 2009

This photo is proof that this fishery needs to be looked after. Fun catching this on ultra-lite tackle.
Cheers and Happy Fishin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dolberg Aug 15, 2009 1.jpg (157.0 KB, 129 views)
Old 08-17-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Sometimes the english is not so goodly
I just thought it was a pretty good double entendre.

And, I just want to reiterate: I've no questions regarding your integrity or what you saw . . . the first pic just gives plenty of wiggle room for the use of two rods (and does nothing to prove the culling). I think it would be pretty difficult, if not impossible, to prove your case.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
This photo is proof that this fishery needs to be looked after. Fun catching this on ultra-lite tackle.
Cheers and Happy Fishin
quite a harvest there for 1 guy, ya gonna eat 5 at once???,
and Paul if this is such a big case did you take their license plate number ???,
did you phone F&W, did you follow up ??? if so where does the case stand at right now ?? is the guy being investigated ??, just wondering...,
and Axeman you have a teenage son that's 13 going on 14, sorry but 13 is a bit more mature than a 5 - 9 year old and can understand things a bit better when you ask them to watch the rod,
you have never had your son run off for a moment while you were fishing,
your son never had to go to the washroom with mommy? ?? while you were hanging there with 2 rods ???? comeon man please have a bit more human side to you don't just base this as poaching....,
if that's the case I must've been poaching quite a few times as I cast my daughters rod for her and yes at many times I assist her while reeling line in and there were times when she had to go to washroom with mommy and I was there alone with 2 rods and 3 chairs !!!! lol
Regulations state you can be away at distance of 30 meters away from your rod thats 90 + feet I doubt the kid was any farther than that especially at that location as there is no way to run to the left or right of the doc.... and the outhouse is no farther than 100 ft ,
did the father harvest more than 10 bows that day ???
and finally Axeman just because someone does not agree with something does not mean thay are trolling the thread , I take this as a simple conversation between adults debating whats right and whats wrong,
in this case I do disagree with your reply and with whats being said and I stand by it !!! - that's my right
and cheer up a bit have a little fun at it !!! laughing is healthy !!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:19 PM

The goverment has all of the information including identification.
The evidence is frozen and waiting for dispostion. The legal system asked for more proof of activities which was new to me. Key photographs were missed: baiting the hook, culling the fish in the basket, releasing of small fish that had died. Transporting fish from dock to the car. It has been an education to say the least. Oh Well. This person has been seen doing these activites at other lakes but that is hear say. I hope he is caught soon.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:32 PM

Angry Dolberg Poaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph1 View Post
quite a harvest there for 1 guy, ya gonna eat 5 at once???,
and Paul if this is such a big case did you take their license plate number ???,
did you phone F&W, did you follow up ??? if so where does the case stand at right now ?? is the guy being investigated ??, just wondering...,
and Axeman you have a teenage son that's 13 going on 14, sorry but 13 is a bit more mature than a 5 - 9 year old and can understand things a bit better when you ask them to watch the rod,
you have never had your son run off for a moment while you were fishing,
your son never had to go to the washroom with mommy? ?? while you were hanging there with 2 rods ???? comeon man please have a bit more human side to you don't just base this as poaching....,
if that's the case I must've been poaching quite a few times as I cast my daughters rod for her and yes at many times I assist her while reeling line in and there were times when she had to go to washroom with mommy and I was there alone with 2 rods and 3 chairs !!!! lol
Regulations state you can be away at distance of 30 meters away from your rod thats 90 + feet I doubt the kid was any farther than that especially at that location as there is no way to run to the left or right of the doc.... and the outhouse is no farther than 100 ft ,
did the father harvest more than 10 bows that day ???
and finally Axeman just because someone does not agree with something does not mean thay are trolling the thread , I take this as a simple conversation between adults debating whats right and whats wrong,
in this case I do disagree with your reply and with whats being said and I stand by it !!! - that's my right
and cheer up a bit have a little fun at it !!! laughing is healthy !!
This little girl had no interest in fishing. Since this person never gave her the space to do this. She was more interested in playing with the minnows. She could be 10 feet away or a hundred feet away from the rods. She had no interest. You would have to be there to understand what she was doing.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:47 PM

Morph, I'm going to spell it out for you, then I will be done on this one.

Paul is concerned about the poaching he has witnessed at Dolberg. I have witnessed it and so has Acipenser fulvescens. Maybe the evidence he is presenting is weak but the man is a truthful guy in my experience. He is making his concerns known on a public board in an effort to reduce the poaching in a lake that he enjoys and wants to remain healthy. That's it. No need for a big investigation.

I made my comments because people were basically calling him a liar and a weasel and when I did tried to defend him I got comments from you like:

"Obviously you have no young kids or have never taken kids fishing, period (.) !!"

Tell that to my son.

"quite a harvest there for 1 guy, ya gonna eat 5 at once???"

Is Paul not entitled to his legal limit once in a blue moon on a put and take trout lake??????

"and finally Axeman just because someone does not agree with something does not mean thay are trolling the thread , I take this as a simple conversation between adults debating whats right and whats wrong,
and cheer up a bit have a little fun at it !!! laughing is healthy !!"

Ya , let's keep it a simple conversation between adults and keep the BS and name calling out of it, Morph. haha...ha
Old 08-17-2009, 03:51 PM

You know some people are not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:58 PM

My orginnal postin asked for suggestions. I have only received two in between all of the literal lashings. That does strike a chord in me how some people think on this forum.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:11 PM

whether the thread starter is Truthful or not is not in question. But you generally need evidence to convince others that a crime is taking place. Unfortunately for the thread starter his pictures show a kid and a man with two rods. thats it.

I cannot see line in the water so i have no idea if either rod has a hook on it and line in the water. i cannot see a basket or stringer of fish. i cannot see dead fish.

Pictures can be very misleading and these could have been taken at one brief second when the child was not on the dock. TS has never said the kid was further than 30 meters from the rod at any time had has no evidence of same.

If you want a conviction get an unedited video of this guy catching 10 fish putting them in his basket then removing the smallest one as he catches one bigger than it. Further get a close up picture of the guys hook to prove it has a barb on it. Could be difficult the guy fishing might ask why you are within a foot of him.

Get all of this and you might have a chance of convincing someone a crime has taken place. Currently TS cannot convince a group of fisherman that anything illegal has happened as there are many more legal explanations that have been offered that seem more likely.

No chance of this guy being convicted of anything other than trying to get his kid into fishing.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:21 PM

Paul,

Did this guy notice at all that you took few pictures of him? Was he aware that he has been watched closely? If so, did he change his behavior after that?
Old 08-17-2009, 05:04 PM

This fellow was aware of me doing photos which strikes me weird because he was aware of what he was doing. He tried to hide the rod by laying it down in the trees next to the bank. Whatever !
Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey1099 View Post
whether the thread starter is Truthful or not is not in question. But you generally need evidence to convince others that a crime is taking place. Unfortunately for the thread starter his pictures show a kid and a man with two rods. thats it.

I cannot see line in the water so i have no idea if either rod has a hook on it and line in the water. i cannot see a basket or stringer of fish. i cannot see dead fish.

Pictures can be very misleading and these could have been taken at one brief second when the child was not on the dock. TS has never said the kid was further than 30 meters from the rod at any time had has no evidence of same.

If you want a conviction get an unedited video of this guy catching 10 fish putting them in his basket then removing the smallest one as he catches one bigger than it. Further get a close up picture of the guys hook to prove it has a barb on it. Could be difficult the guy fishing might ask why you are within a foot of him.

Get all of this and you might have a chance of convincing someone a crime has taken place. Currently TS cannot convince a group of fisherman that anything illegal has happened as there are many more legal explanations that have been offered that seem more likely.

No chance of this guy being convicted of anything other than trying to get his kid into fishing.
Very good ideas however it is hard to do when the situation builds quickly and no notice. The actions are hard to document.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:33 PM

When I was taught to fish(at a very young age. I was asked to reel in if I wanted to go play or mess around.

I continued that method for kids that I take. My daughter caught her first fish when she was four and she brought it in her self. When she wanted to go play she reeled in first. When she was ready to fish - she fished!
And that holds true with other kids I take out. But each to their own.

As for people carping on OP. Get real or get a grip will ya!
We are all sportsmen and women - what gives?

One of the worst message boards Ive been on for name calling and insulting others. Makes me wonder what kind of sportsmen/women are here!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:47 PM

Default poaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey1099 View Post

maybe his kid was poaching -- maybe not .
Old 08-17-2009, 06:07 PM

Thankfully poachers are the minority. As a result of the 0 limits on walleyes, slot sizes and tags our sport fisheries have started to recover. Education has spread. I am 31 and have never killed a fish i have not ate. I have heard stories from old timers that used to kill northerns at the side of the boat so they would not catch them again and so they would not eat the precious walleye and perch.

Catching sinle poachers will not do much good to the over all fishery. what is needed is education for the kid in the picture about sustainable resources.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
And here is a little note for SNAPFisher who feels it necessary to call Paul a "weasel". Come out to Dolberg some weekend and introduce yourself as someone who calls Paul a "weasel" to many many of his friends there and see how good of weekend you have.

"Get a life" yourself...
If you care to read a bit further you will see that I aplogized after reading more from Paul and from others (Acipenser).

Sounds like a real mess there at Dolbert at times and, unfortunately, some pople that don't seem to respect anything - let alone fish.

Paul, sorry about the original comment. Sounds like you are just doing what you can to make it better and legal. I don't have any problem with that.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:11 PM

i take my two tear old son fishing and if I were to pull his line in everytime he set it down, i may as well take him to the park instead of sitting on the shoreline.

but i understand your frusteration i seen a guy at cardiff lake take more than half a dozen rainbow under 7" i gave him a hard time and he eventually left.

This is a suggestion if you can find out what vehicle the poacher or idiot is driving leave him a note under his wiper explaining your concern and let the air out of all him tires. This will give him time to sit and think about your concern. HE HE HE

Last edited by muskokagould; 08-17-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
If you care to read a bit further you will see that I aplogized after reading more from Paul and from others (Acipenser).

Sounds like a real mess there at Dolbert at times and, unfortunately, some pople that don't seem to respect anything - let alone fish.

Paul, sorry about the original comment. Sounds like you are just doing what you can to make it better and legal. I don't have any problem with that.

SNAP, you do not have to explain yourself to anybody. You are one of the best contibutors when it comes to posts and giving advice to others. And as far as friends go, you have some pretty good ones in your corner. I will gladly be there when ever needed.

Deano