Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
How could that possibly work, Cat???

I say more rules and lots of them. That's the ticket.

Cat
Old 04-28-2010, 05:45 AM

I have fished over 30 years mostly with about 3 certain budies. On any given day one will out fish the other in the same spot with the same hook and same depth. This means that there is a lot of luck, and presentation is a big factor. Giving out the spot does not matter as there are other factors that contribute to catching fish. When ice fishing you just have to look where the holes have been drilled and where the people are. LOL I will give out my spots to others as i know they may get skunked any ways as the fish may move also. I know this as I have 4 spots on differant lakes that the fish are only there for a few weeks then they are gone even one day will make a differance.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Giving out the spot does not matter as there are other factors that contribute to catching fish.
SO say there have been the same 5 guys fishing a certain lake, one tells a buddy, then that buddy tells another. Then you go out one day and theres 50 guys (exaggerating but its to make a point) fishing. That spot will not be affected? I knwo it will be, Iv seen it, especially to pothole lakes.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:38 AM

Other factors to catching fish and not all the fish in the lake are in that one spot LOL.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 AM
KyleM

All Im saying is that the internet is destroying and will destroy many of the fisheries you guys call your home lakes. I have seen it happen before on a much larger scale body of water.

The problem is when someone posts a report from say Sturgeon lake that says its just great and posts every bit of info. A bunch of guys that following week will be up from ALL over Alberta. Instead of the slow word of mouth you have this instant internet access thats open to all of the world to see.

Many people are losing one of the most exciting parts of fishing and thats the search. Try not using the internet for spots, go buy a backroads map or maybe go into the local shop to spend a few dollars on a lure and BS with the guys.
People dont learn a damn thing about anything when they just look for a hot spot to go...damn, you have guys on this site that dont know the difference between brown and rainbow trout and your telling me that your promoting conservation when you open up all your spots to these guys?

GIVE ME A BREAK
Old 04-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
All Im saying is that the internet is destroying and will destroy many of the fisheries you guys call your home lakes. I have seen it happen before on a much larger scale body of water.

The problem is when someone posts a report from say Sturgeon lake that says its just great and posts every bit of info. A bunch of guys that following week will be up from ALL over Alberta. Instead of the slow word of mouth you have this instant internet access thats open to all of the world to see.

Many people are losing one of the most exciting parts of fishing and thats the search. Try not using the internet for spots, go buy a backroads map or maybe go into the local shop to spend a few dollars on a lure and BS with the guys.
People dont learn a damn thing about anything when they just look for a hot spot to go...damn, you have guys on this site that dont know the difference between brown and rainbow trout and your telling me that your promoting conservation when you open up all your spots to these guys?

GIVE ME A BREAK
thats to hard for some to understand KyleM...Give them a break LMAO
Old 04-28-2010, 07:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Other factors to catching fish and not all the fish in the lake are in that one spot LOL.
if the lake is overrun by anglers who heard about so and so lake it will get fished out and be under pressure. You think only 1 of say 50 anglers is gonna catch fish? Hell iv been on lakes where I caught one fish and within 5 minutes every person either sees or radios there buddy and im surrounded and all the fish are gone. But what do I know
Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:

GIVE ME A BREAK

Kyle, when you asked others about how the fishing was, were you actually violating all the rules you want to impose? Looks to me like what you are bit**ing about is exactly the same stuff you do.

KYLES POSTS:
Yeah, my muskie days are over.
Im looking forward to some of the giant pike the Great Slave holds though.

Where did you fish them?

and

Took a drive upto Kimiwan and Winagami to check the ice.....still frozen solid.

Has anyone fished those lakes? I liked the looks of Kimiwan, I was just wondering what to expect. It wasnt listed...

Good luck with your preaching. Hey WaterSkeeter, maybe we now need to check all your posts.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
I take it with my Google Map with over 130 00 lookies and my 100% opposite view I wont be on the Xmas list. The idea of taking your knowledge to the grave is to me one from the dark ages. I believe sharing as much as you can , locations included "dont get me wrong every man has to have a hunny hole or two for himself" is fundamental in providing a sustainable fishery for the future. I have helped out some first time fishermen and old birds who have forgot more than I will ever know. I have driven to a strangers home and gave him my own personal gear just to find out if this thing we all love called fishing is for him. Because that feeling I get when the drag sings or when the surface of the water is broken by a wonderful explosion of man vs fish.I want everyone to feel that. Because I am a believer that more than not will respect the fishery so he may enjoy it for many more trips. And maybe just maybe pass on something I showed him to the next generation. Will there be the few who poach , pollute and generally dont give a crap , Sure there will be. But they are far out numbered by responsible fishermen such as yourselves. So till they put my fat ars in the ground I will be out there bringing new and old fishermen alike to a hunny hole near you.

I'll back that opinion up 100% !!

Although I Won't DIVULGE 'SPOTS' that I am TAKEN TO by Fishermen that say they are SECRET, I certainly have NO PROBLEM letting others know where 'Mine are'.

Guys, it's not like ANY of your 'Honey Holes' are really VERY secret considering the Fishing Pressure that this Province has had for DECADES!! Do you really think that 'others' have NO IDEA where some of your favourite holes might be? I mean, c'mon... seriously
Old 04-28-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
I have fished over 30 years mostly with about 3 certain budies. On any given day one will out fish the other in the same spot with the same hook and same depth. This means that there is a lot of luck, and presentation is a big factor. Giving out the spot does not matter as there are other factors that contribute to catching fish. When ice fishing you just have to look where the holes have been drilled and where the people are. LOL I will give out my spots to others as i know they may get skunked any ways as the fish may move also. I know this as I have 4 spots on differant lakes that the fish are only there for a few weeks then they are gone even one day will make a differance.

Well Said ! I think that sums it up perfectly, especially here in Alberta where conditions are always changing...

Cheers,

/J...
Old 04-28-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppychicken View Post
I'll back that opinion up 100% !!

Although I Won't DIVULGE 'SPOTS' that I am TAKEN TO by Fishermen that say they are SECRET, I certainly have NO PROBLEM letting others know where 'Mine are'.

Guys, it's not like ANY of your 'Honey Holes' are really VERY secret considering the Fishing Pressure that this Province has had for DECADES!! Do you really think that 'others' have NO IDEA where some of your favourite holes might be? I mean, c'mon... seriously
Gonna agree as well that most spots are known. Couple places I go I gotta walk a fair bit to get to, and low and behold, there are plenty of signs of people being there previously. Constantly picking up garbage and fishn line no matter how far I tredge. O well, such is life. But still aint givin up where I go. Personally I would rather find a good spot on my own and have a little success as oppossed to walking into an obvious honey hole that is well known. Might as well jus stay at home and wrangle from the aquarium.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:

GIVE ME A BREAK
great reply dude..., and so true, now what a joke some will say comparing the speed and exposure of passing information by word of mouth to world wide web lol ...., give me a break !!!!!!!!!! guys that think that there is no difference should not be allowed to browse the internet !!!!!! ,
by the way my reply will reach billions of users right after I press the "Submit Reply" button ... just a hint to dumbos
Old 04-28-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spopadyn View Post
Kyle, when you asked others about how the fishing was, were you actually violating all the rules you want to impose? Looks to me like what you are bit**ing about is exactly the same stuff you do.

KYLES POSTS:

Where did you fish them?

and

Has anyone fished those lakes? I liked the looks of Kimiwan, I was just wondering what to expect. It wasnt listed...

Good luck with your preaching. Hey WaterSkeeter, maybe we now need to check all your posts.
holly cow we gotta forum Sherlock Holmes AKA POOP add in
will you investigate my case , please
Old 04-28-2010, 12:04 PM

I told everyone about Sylvan by accident, now eveyone fishes it..........i am PO'd
Old 04-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTornado View Post
I told everyone about Sylvan by accident, now eveyone fishes it..........i am PO'd
You ****ed up man. Barry mitchells fishing guide has given me a fair bit of new spots to try out this season
Old 04-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I did it for a reason, I guess you can see I posted lots of pics aswell?

Have you been to Swan? Its stocked twice a year with I think 14000 Rainbows each time. Fisherman line the shore, there are atleast 30 reports on this site from that lake (if you can call it a lake). If people wish to be lazy and troll the net I will give them a spot where 100 other people will be while I fish the other lakes in the area.

Ohh I see so it's okay to post on some spots because there already screwed? Because we stock them? What? It's hypocritacal and I would be embarressed. Lets just all unplug our computers cuz you think all of who post info are responsible for wrecking your fishing spots... don't worry I'm sure this interweb thingy is just a fad it will pass soon It's gonna get worse before better my friend so enjoy it how you will but personally I will always share information to those who ask for it.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:

KYLES POSTS:

Where did you fish them?

and

Sure go ahead HAve fun to I think you need a life
Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph1 View Post
by the way my reply will reach billions of users right after I press the "Submit Reply" button ... just a hint to dumbos
I'm sure the billions of users are anxiously awaiting your reply, Morph. I have read this kind of crap before from our old friend HPF.

Seriously though, I haven't seen very many secret honey holes given up on this forum. I'm not so sure what has Kyle upset. Is it Sturgeon lake? Please, that lake is has a provincial park on it and you can get a fishing report on it from many places if you desire. It is not like any of the stocked trout ponds, or the named lakes or rivers in this province are a big secret. I agree with him that it wouldn't be in your best interest to post your exact favorite spots. I also agree that exploring and getting off the beaten path is a blast. My backroads map book is almost worn out. I'll bet I have fished as many unnamed lakes and creeks as named ones. Some are crap and some are honey holes but I will keep moving on regardless. This why I have a 4x4, a quad, a small boat, and hiking boots.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:37 PM

LOL....

I remember reading a THREAD YEARS ago about a guy who was having some real trouble catching fish...(minor Tournament BASS fishing) so he took some advice from another guy on the FORUM and did the following....

Once a WEEK for 5 months he took along with him a Hi-Powered pair of BINOCULARS and a REALLY good 'Spotting Scope'. He'd 'RECON' the lake that he was on and would SPY on guys fishing from both the shore and his boat!

How freakin' desperate is that !!

In short, his results were (and I quote) "FAR, FAR BETTER than EVEN "I" EXPECTED."

So there you have it.... If ANYONE REALLY wants to FIND your 'HONEY HOLES' and KNOW what type of TACKLE YOU and your PALS are using.... It's pretty DARN easy!!

PS: Careful which WAY you PEE off yer BOAT!!

Cheers,

/J...
Old 04-28-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph1 View Post
holly cow we gotta forum Sherlock Holmes AKA POOP add in
will you investigate my case , please
Give it a rest Morph. Just pointing out how we like to talk out of both sides of our mouth. I am certain you do as well. Good luck with running down those people who help others. Again, another noble steed saving the world.

Last edited by spopadyn; 04-28-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Give it a rest Morph. Just pointing out how we like t talk out of both sides of our mouth. I am certain you do as well. Good luck with running down those people who help others. Again, another noble steed saving the world.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:23 PM
KyleM

spop, did you see any reports with specifics?

Good call! Iam not sure why you need to make things personal, why not just keep that stuff to PM?

I dont mind if anyone PM's me and tells me how they feel...theres nothing wrong with a group session in private to reveal our true feelings.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

spop, did you see any reports with specifics?

Good call! Iam not sure why you need to make things personal, why not just keep that stuff to PM?

I dont mind if anyone PM's me and tells me how they feel...theres nothing wrong with a group session in private to reveal our true feelings.
Some people have nothing better to do then search up all your posts and try and win this internet argument, which is kind of lame to begin with. Guess they showed you to voice your opinion eh KyleM

Some of these people are ridiculous
Old 04-28-2010, 06:06 PM

I would like to say one thing most threads such as these turn into a gong show with insults and cut downs being tossed around everywhere. You have all expressed your opinions and we have been able to keep this as it should be. A place to share them opinions without fear of being attacked. Good job guys..

That was on one of my posts on page 1. So much for that idea huh.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 04-28-2010, 06:07 PM

search all my posts, that should keep you out of trouble for a week or so

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
I'm sure the billions of users are anxiously awaiting your reply, Morph. I have read this kind of crap before from our old friend HPF.

Seriously though, I haven't seen very many secret honey holes given up on this forum. I'm not so sure what has Kyle upset. Is it Sturgeon lake? Please, that lake is has a provincial park on it and you can get a fishing report on it from many places if you desire. It is not like any of the stocked trout ponds, or the named lakes or rivers in this province are a big secret. I agree with him that it wouldn't be in your best interest to post your exact favorite spots. I also agree that exploring and getting off the beaten path is a blast. My backroads map book is almost worn out. I'll bet I have fished as many unnamed lakes and creeks as named ones. Some are crap and some are honey holes but I will keep moving on regardless. This why I have a 4x4, a quad, a small boat, and hiking boots.
X Deux
Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
I would like to say one thing most threads such as these turn into a gong show with insults and cut downs being tossed around everywhere. You have all expressed your opinions and we have been able to keep this as it should be. A place to share them opinions without fear of being attacked. Good job guys..

That was on one of my posts on page 1. So much for that idea huh.
Nice try JST1 Same song over and over..
Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 PM

Question Whats that smell ???????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
X Deux
sniff.........sniff..sniff......Axeman do you smell that ????
Who is making that foul odor ?
Old 04-28-2010, 09:12 PM

realistic speaking how many fisherman out there (so called true fisherman and weekend fisherman) that fish our lakes are in this forum? like some body said, they should join the forum so they can heard the other side of the story,concern or whining.so they will know if their fishing habit had any impact to the fisheries.if you think the fishing industries are just for true fisherman not the weekend(family,kid) you have to wake up.i don't have a problem if you will post or not your spot, i leave that to people's generosity,but if you point a finger that a weekend fisherman running around wild like it's our own play ground,you're wrong.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
realistic speaking how many fisherman out there (so called true fisherman and weekend fisherman) that fish our lakes are in this forum? like some body said, they should join the forum so they can heard the other side of the story,concern or whining.so they will know if their fishing habit had any impact to the fisheries.if you think the fishing industries are just for true fisherman not the weekend(family,kid) you have to wake up.i don't have a problem if you will post or not your spot, i leave that to people's generosity,but if you point a finger that a weekend fisherman running around wild like it's our own play ground,you're wrong.
On the flip side that happens more often than you are aware of.