Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 AM

Default Oldies still work

Heddon RiverRunt and Lazy Ike from the 30's and 40's

Still this generation of fish think they are. New .
Old 02-02-2013, 02:27 PM

There is no better trolling lure for Lakers than a good old reliable William Wobber trailing behind a dodger (instead of a big flasher). Any silver plated and color combination including the 5 of diamonds yellow/red.

Lyman's are also one of my favorite, they trail behind a full size flasher and are deadly on Gerhard's at Kootenay Lake. I like the rainbow pattern, black, black/purple for bows.

I also like the old reliable hoochie in trolling for trout. Tiger shrimp with tinsel pattern in different colors.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
5 a diamonds pretty tough to beat, luv my Lyman plugs and panther martins..........
Just wondering where you got your info on Panther Martins. All I could dredge up on google was a few people griping about how much better they were befor they moved their plant from somewhere in europe to china. Back to Mepps I go.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamprotz View Post
Favorite pike spoon was made in Manitoba , the Platt Wiggle Devil. Not sure if they are even in business anymore , but I would definitely like more in chrome please !
Platt Wiggle Devil is alive and well. Contact me for more info.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:24 AM

Kamloopers spoons have always done well for me in cold high mountain lakes, besides the streams i've fished 'em in. They're heavy as hell, and can be cast a bloody mile
Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisho_badyk View Post
Kamloopers spoons have always done well for me in cold high mountain lakes, besides the streams i've fished 'em in. They're heavy as hell, and can be cast a bloody mile
Your darn toot'in!
Caught a huge hog of a Bull in the upper K. last fall close to shore, I was hoot'in and holr'in and all the while I had hikers watching me. I was kinda embarrassed to say the least...
Old 06-28-2013, 04:53 PM

Angler's Choice

They are famous for their "Kill Shot" one of the best drop shot baits.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:38 AM

I was going to say Kamloopers as well, but they are made by the Acme Tackle Company based in Rhode Island. I found the same thing as you. Cold high mountain lakes for cutthroats. Nothing better that I found.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Just wondering where you got your info on Panther Martins. All I could dredge up on google was a few people griping about how much better they were befor they moved their plant from somewhere in europe to china. Back to Mepps I go.

I believe Panther Martin lures originated in the USA.
I was able to find that the logo, U.S. patent #3185848 and tradename, U.S. patent #3185847 was patented in the USA some time in 1958

The Panther Martin trade name is owned by Harrison-Hoge Industries of Port Jefferson, NY.

From the Panther Martin website;

Quote:
Harrison-Hoge Industries is the owner of the Panther Martin trademark only in the United States, Australia, Mexico, New Zealand, the Peoples Republic of China, Singapore, South Korea, and Vietnam and its sales under the Panther Martin trademark are limited to those countries

In Canada Panther Marten lures distributed by;

Harrison Tackle Company
140 Doncaster Avenue Thornhill, ON

The Harrison Tackle Company may be a distributor for Harrison-Hoge Industries or they may get their lures built in some third world country under license from Harrison-Hoge Industries but I could find nothing to confirm either.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 05-05-2014, 08:44 PM

Default Wiggle devil

[QUOTE=Teamprotz;1828290]Favorite pike spoon was made in Manitoba , the Platt Wiggle Devil. Not sure if they are even in business anymore , but I would definitely like more

We now have the lure back in production they are available in Silver And Gold
If you would like us to send you some let me know
Tks
Wiggle Devil
Old 05-06-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
I know in this part of the country everyone loves the Len Thompson spoons but I was wondering what other Canadian made lures people are having good luck with?

I've done pretty well with the Williams wabler in 50-50 pattern both through the ice and in open water, as well as their Trophy spoon in silver and red. Interested in hearing about some other peoples favorites.
Hate to jump on my own soap box but GNUGEN Lures is Edmonton-based. Our 'Mariko' spoon and soft plastics are catching bass, trout, walleye and pike across North America. We'd love to see more local guys checking out our gear and bugging stores to carry our stuff.