Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Banned

Default NO ANTI,s ALLOWED

This site says no Anti,s allowed , but l,m sure theres a few that sneek in BUT.
l see this site as a way to educate the majority of anti,s with an invite to come here and discuss the whole meal deal.
lots of young Girls are Antis , and could have there views turned around by the education they get on this website by members.
We need them on our side if we want to keep our hunting culture alive by showing them photos , facts , wildlife management programs , storys ,etc.
There,ll always be the die hard peta groups , but most of them are brainwashed by their leaders , and we could even possibly sway a few of them over to our side.
l say open the doors to them with a public invite and lets get some good educating argueing on the board , they dont teach hunting in schools(they should) so this is the place to bringum on.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:27 AM

Although I agree with what you are saying, educating young people - I still say keep those people away, I prefer to discuss and collaborate with members of the outdoorsmen community that have a passion for it.

As for educating others - that's a tough task to change someones mind and I doubt reading a few experiences from other people will do it. We have to get them out into the field!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRackLover View Post
Although I agree with what you are saying, educating young people - I still say keep those people away, I prefer to discuss and collaborate with members of the outdoorsmen community that have a passion for it.

As for educating others - that's a tough task to change someones mind and I doubt reading a few experiences from other people will do it. We have to get them out into the field!
I would agree with ^^^. I've defended hunting ad nauseum to a number of Anti's on other sites, and it's nice to be able to have a civilized conversation with others who actually partake in the sports...now if I could only find a civilized string to converse in
Old 05-05-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUD View Post
lots of young Girls are Antis , and could have there views turned around by the education they get on this website by members...

l say open the doors to them with a public invite and lets get some good educating argueing on the board , they dont teach hunting in schools(they should) so this is the place to bringum on.
Not sure that all the dialogue on this board would constitute "putting our best foot forward". Quite frankly a lot of it would put a young neophyte off.

Tell the truth Bud, you just want to use the forum to recruit young impressionable people to your NDP "big business/Conservative hatin' club"!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUD View Post
lots of young Girls are Antis , and could have there views turned around by the education they get on this website by members.
I think what Bud is trying to say in a roundabout way, is that he is volunteering to spend some time with pretty young ladies to teach them the ways of an outdoorsmen...
Old 05-05-2009, 10:03 AM

Thats what I understood too... ^^^^^Not sure if its gonna work cuz there is so much for the young ladies to do(like shopping, doing their hair and dancing in the bars) rather than talk hunting with some old farts...
Old 05-05-2009, 11:36 AM

hey im 22 and i would be happy to take some young girls out.... dads any daughters want to hunt or fish? haha
Old 05-05-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors View Post
hey im 22 and i would be happy to take some young girls out.... dads any daughters want to hunt or fish? haha
ah man LOL thats just asking to pick the bird shot outta your butt LOL . You gotta go about it the round about way , gotta volunteer to take dad out huntin , and then get the daughter to come along and then work dad out of the picture , until the wedding .
Old 05-05-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
You gotta go about it the round about way , gotta volunteer to take dad out huntin , and then get the daughter to come along and then work dad out of the picture , until the wedding .
Oops, so that's what I did wrong... Now I'm hunting with the father-in-law while she stays at home...
Old 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM

Wow I am almost at a lose for word, for once I sort of agree with BUD, must be a full moon
I would welcome an anti-hunter here, IF they are here to educate themselves and are willing to have an open mind (this would have to be a 2 way street). For example they could start a thread like "why do you enjoy hunting" we have had these on here before and most of us know it has very little to do with killing and eating bambis mom or dad. It is about nature and spending time with the people we love. The problem is that it would probably go something like "why are you all cavemen that enjoy killing innocent animals" and the flame throwers would come out, the insults would fly and the thread would be closed. Proving in the mind of the anti that, yup all hunters are a bunch of red neck, blood thirsty morons.

But if everyone could keep it civil and have an open mind then it could be very interesting. If I knew any anti-hunters I would invite them on for a discussion and see what happens.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:33 PM

I don't think that a lot of the young girls are anti's. I believe they are simply copying what they are seeing in the media, where it has become fashionable to gather exposure via Peta adverts. Check out youtube for the smutty Peta flicks.

Most have no clue what the debate is based on, and subsequently would be unable to value conversation gained from a board such as this. If the hunting equipment suppliers gave these girls the same exposure, they'd all be into supporting the cause, whatever it is.

But hey, could you imagine a sweet gal doing a suggestive pose next to a split cow carcass. Just doesn't work.