Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-16-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 410 View Post
Decent pike.
I do agree with Dragless tho. That's not the way to hold them.
I agree myself being the one who caught it. I kind of gave an explanation why above. I always try and two hand fish that size but I was panicking and not thinking straight.

Like Dragless said, next time I gotta think clearly and set up a 10 second timer on my phone, step back and pick her up nicely with two hands.

She took off kicking strong though, didn't roll on her side or look like she was in stress. It was a short 2 second lift, snapped the picture and she was back down safe.

I appreciate all the advice though and I understand my mistake 100%
Old 08-16-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Fisher View Post
No stairs down to this spot, though you have to walk down a pretty long winding path.

You're getting warmer I believe. If the spot with stairs is that you're thinking of is the same one I'm thinking of, you're not far off with your guess. A bit further upstream from Fort Edmonton park though, upstream of the creek too. But you're in the neighborhood :-)

It's rather close to a few different popular spots, kind of nestled away from them at the same time.

It's a very quiet spot with literally nobody coming down there. Maybe one other younger guy came down to check it out one day but it's nice and private for the most part. Not easy to access. :-)

If you want specific directions, and you're polite about it, I can give you exact directions to this spot. You really gotta convince me you won't just give it away though to all your friends. I would like to keep it quiet.
lol, i was just throwing in the stairs to joke a bit. Thanks for the offer but i do know exactly where you are Nice quiet spot though