Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-05-2007, 05:02 PM
mikeo2

Default Fish Taxidermists

Can anyone recomend a good place to get a couple perch done? Do any of you have a good perch mount that you could post a picture of. I have a couple of 2 pound perch that I want to get done and really have no idea how I want them done or who to take them to.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Sniperwolf

We have a beautiful 28" brown trout mounted done by Gary Schaefer just east of Rocky he does a great job!

You can give him a call (dont know the phone number, try rocky directory) and talk to him, or email him at ggs0061@look.ca I think he charges $15 an inch.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:58 PM
aka bushmaster

Does Four Saesons still operate out by Spruce Grove ?? Don Petrician...strictly fish.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:04 PM
MB

Here are some pictures of my perch. I took a taxidermy course about 5 years ago in Calgary. Very sadly the instructor past away about half way through. He did the best work I've ever seen. Anyway some ideas for you, the one on the wall on the drift wood is a replica.
i136.photobucket.com/albu...76_IMG.jpg

sorry about size of photos!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:34 PM
jrs

Where are you located. I know two guys who do fish. There work is very realistic and if your not too far away i probably could track doen some pics.