Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 04-25-2013, 05:29 PM

Default Where to buy fly's in Lethbridge????

Hey I was just wondering where you could buy some fly's in Lethbridge. Wholesale, Canadian Tire, and Wal-mart have weak selections. If anybody could tell me a good place to buy them it would be great! Thanks !
Old 04-25-2013, 06:05 PM

Lethbridge fly shop.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:28 PM

perhaps reference the other post.....started by you.....
http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=176432
Old 04-25-2013, 06:33 PM

Sounds like another setup for advertising
Old 04-25-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
Sounds like another setup for advertising
Actually, I agree 100% about Wholesale.... They have had next to nothing for flies for so long, its a joke.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:37 PM

That may be but they pay to advertise the other fella doesn't!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 PM

I am the owner of Lethbridge fly shop and this is not advertising I dont know any of these people, my friend texted me and told me about it.
So do we get repremended if people want to ask about where to go buy flies? I dont advertise on here I already got in trouble for it.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 PM

Lethbridge fly shop is the way to go I only deal with him
Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapmaster17 View Post
Lethbridge fly shop is the way to go I only deal with him
Wow - First Post and all you have to say is there is only one place you ever buy your flies from. Lame
Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cszentes View Post
I am the owner of Lethbridge fly shop and this is not advertising I dont know any of these people, my friend texted me and told me about it.
So do we get repremended if people want to ask about where to go buy flies? I dont advertise on here I already got in trouble for it.
It is actually advertising. Its the kind you don't want and it is casting you in a very poor light. You have been shut down once already.....
Old 04-25-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
It is actually advertising. Its the kind you don't want and it is casting you in a very poor light. You have been shut down once already.....
Agree. Looks very much setup as a way to circumvent the rules.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I was trying to give them my information and that isnt allowed it was removed. This is not advertising and how the heck is that casting me in a very poor light? I didnt realize me giving someone the information needed to get ahold of me was advertising, I was trying to be a helpful fellow fly fisherman.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 PM

You do realize the name of thread is where to buy flies in lethbridge just saying where to go be the same as go to wholesale just trying to help the guy out haha
Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 PM

You have nice flies, and your business will do well! So in return, sponsor the AO forum and this won't be an issue.

Icky Fly Works sponsors AO and they have excellent flies, therefore they will be receiving my business
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 PM

And I do only deal with him cuz wholesale c tire sucks can't ever get the stuff you want never have stuff in
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cszentes View Post
I was trying to give them my information and that isnt allowed it was removed. This is not advertising and how the heck is that casting me in a very poor light? I didnt realize me giving someone the information needed to get ahold of me was advertising, I was trying to be a helpful fellow fly fisherman.
Aw shucks, you were just trying to help your fellow fly fisherman.

"I didnt realize me giving someone the information needed to get ahold of me was advertising"

Really Lame Cszentes.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Aw shucks, you were just trying to help your fellow fly fisherman.

"I didnt realize me giving someone the information needed to get ahold of me was advertising"

Really Lame Cszentes.
I agree with Lannie, greasy way of doing business
Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 PM

Sorry, Im new.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:47 PM

All you guys need to calm down... I just created my account today because I was at wholesale yesterday and looked at their fly selection and it was bare! it was $2.19 fly. So i went to the hand google and typed in lethbridge fly fishing. And this website showed up, I read threads and never saw the topic, so i created a account to find out. The reason I put up to threads is because I never noticed the fly fishing thread so I picked the fishing thread. Some of you are getting way too worked up over this honestly.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 PM

Actually this is not... I wasn't aware of Lethbridge Fly Shop until today. So please do not jump to conclusions, I am sure you are mature enough to do that.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:52 PM

Thank you for having some morals and not jumping to conclusions.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:57 PM

I am in Lethbridge and was going to try you out(had you saved as a favourite), even inquired about you and your biz yesterday. However, I will not buy from a place that uses these tactics, nor will I recommend you. The way the others piped up, says it all and I am convinced this was just a means to circumvent the rules.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:05 PM

Honestly, I'm straight up going to tell you... You are jumping to conclusions. I am a 16 year old who loves to fish with his dad. All's I was trying to do was find a place near Coalhurst to buy some fly's. Seriously I am 16 year's old and I'm telling YOU to be mature.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:05 PM

This thread got wierd... I think someone's being set-up I do have a question about wholesale Lethbridge though. Why did they take all their flies out of that nice big table and put them individually in zip lock bags hung on a shelf?? It's inconvenient and as weird as this thread...
Old 04-25-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
I am in Lethbridge and was going to try you out(had you saved as a favourite), even inquired about you and your biz yesterday. However, I will not buy from a place that uses these tactics, nor will I recommend you. The way the others piped up, says it all and I am convinced this was just a means to circumvent the rules.
Maybe you should come over this weekend DONT BUY ANYTHING just meet me and look at the PM's between me and the guy that started this thread, maybe you can clear the air for me. I am not the kind of guy that would start a fake convesation!!! I am starting to really dislike the members attitudes on this forum, seems nobody has anything good to say just a whole lot of whining.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:11 PM

I was in wholesale yesterday. They got rid of those.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 PM

Looks bad is all
Old 04-26-2013, 08:48 AM

Curious, why all the hate for a local fly shop? Its not like he's spamming the forum or anything, someone just mentioned the name, no difference than the references to Fishtales or Troutfitters or any of the other local shops that appear here. I'm pretty sure that one small shop won't be the demise of Wholesale in Lethbridge (if he is then I think they have bigger things to worry about).

Colin
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 AM
Banned

Where is this shop everyone is whining about? Been waiting for wss to restock for 3 yrs but never happens, contrary to what everyone on here seems to think fly shop owners rarely make the fortune 500 hundred, that is because they are doing something they love as opposed to "breaking all the rules". We ain't talkin about terrorists, rapists, killers, theives,drug dealers and, heaven forbid, bait fishermen, were talkin about a fellow fly fisher! I don't know this guy, nor any of you, but when I've encountered fly fishermen I would say 85% of the time there is an instant bond where we either exchange tactics, patterns, and of course stories,sometimes lasting hours. Fly fishing aint about money, it aint about only catchin hogs, it's a fellowship of people who share the same interest. The only company you should be bashing on here is WHOLE SALE SPORTS! PS. it aint Ricks fault, his knowledge of the sport is vast and he is the epitome of what the sport is about
Old 04-26-2013, 11:05 AM

Actually, Icky fly works is a sponsor. they pay to advertise on here. The other party does not. Not hard to understand now is it? I see the other thread was deleted. This whole "setup" one day after the initial post just seems off. Especially posting info again. Just a way to circumvent the rules.
If he decides to become a sponsor, I would likely change my tune then.

Tags
fly fishing