Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2014, 11:38 PM

I'm glad this old post was brought back to life as I missed it before. Makes for an interesting read. Here is a BC prospecting site with quite a few Alberta prospectors on it and places to prospect in Alberta along with the regulations. The Canadian Gold Prospectors Forum

Last edited by Big Red 250; 04-15-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:40 PM

Jack Fisher owned stuff in Fisherville. 49°39′19″N 115°35′39″W

Fisherville is the site of a former Gold Rush boomtown in the East Kootenay Named for Jack Fisher, who discovered the strike in the canyon of the Wild Horse River in 1863.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:55 PM

Default Panning Partner

Are hard to find --- several years back I was just finishing up packing my trailer & kit when a couple neighbours walked over for a chat with me --- the crazy gold guy. The old standard questions were asked --- how much do you make --- how much does it cost etc. etc.
So I returned the questions --- neighbour 1 said he was off to a golf weekend and named a "cost" for his weekends entertainment. Neighbour #2 said he was off this weekend as well to a base ball tourny and also names a dollar cost.
Seems all 3 of us owned 4x4 trucks - RV's - ATV's etc. so our equiptment cost were near to the same.
Obveousely we all needed to eat & drink so our personal cost would also be close.
They chose to spend their weekend surrounded by LOTS of people. At my weekend spot I'd be lucky to see 5 people and actually talk to only 1 or 2.
Go ahead and call me the crazy gold guy.
OK did I actually find gold // yes a little // did I have a relaxing weekend // you betcha.