Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-11-2024, 08:44 AM

Default Katzkin seat covers

Does anyone have the good, bad, and the ugly about Katzkin seat covers, and a recommendation where a fellow should get them done?
Old 05-11-2024, 08:53 AM

I had them on my Tacoma, excellent quality. The dealer had them done as part of the deal, so no idea who installed them.
Old 05-11-2024, 08:55 AM

Never used them myself but I have seen a ton of reviews posted about them on the Ram and Jeep forums I frequent. Have never seen a bad review or comment, all say they are a great way to go leather at a fairly reasonable cost. They need to be installed by an approved Katzkin installer, they are not a DIY project. All of the reviews I read were from the States, you may have to get hold of the company to find a Canadian installer.
Old 05-12-2024, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Does anyone have the good, bad, and the ugly about Katzkin seat covers, and a recommendation where a fellow should get them done?
I put them in my 21 F-150 XTR (instead of upgrading to a Lariat for a paltry $25000 more)
I love them - also had the option, which I took, to add heated seats for an extra couple of hundred (again not included in the Ford option package that i have)
I had this done in the Martimes so can't help you in AB, but done right it was a real bargain - I got two tone grey & black - makes it look pretty sharp too.

I will be putting them in my next truck
Old 05-12-2024, 05:37 AM

I'm not exactly sure if they are a competitor or just a rebrand seller, but I bought from canadaseatskins.ca for my 2011 GMC and installed them myself. No hog rings on those trucks so it was a pretty easy job. Added heated seats at the same time.

They've been in the truck 6 years now. I'm really happy with them. Great alternative to spending crazy money on a higher trim level truck just to get a few desired features when you're buying new. I just wanted a used base model work truck, but leather seats were pretty much a must have since my dogs can really make a mess when we go fishing.
Old 05-12-2024, 06:46 AM

Vet service we deal with has ~20 trucks with them in there. All Ford low trim but with vets in & out need the Katzkins. Those guys swear by them.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 05-12-2024, 08:42 AM

I'm sure I can find you a few cats to skin. Wearing one was once a folk remedy for arthritis.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-12-2024, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I had them on my Tacoma, excellent quality. The dealer had them done as part of the deal, so no idea who installed them.
Same deal here, black Katskinz leather dealer installed prior to delivery... Zero complaints, would highly recommend. And you couldn't get black leather in Tacomas until 2016, and I didn't like the grey.

As for the installation, any authorized dealer should be sufficient. Check with your local Toyota dealer for their preferred installer.

Last edited by FishOutOfWater; 05-12-2024 at 09:11 AM.