Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2023, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Well a little shinny on Sunday might be what they need to just kick back and have fun

Said the same on the Flames thread....
Ahhh yes the “Dumpster Fire Classic”

Can’t wait….
Old 10-27-2023, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Ahhh yes the “Dumpster Fire Classic”

Can’t wait….
Old 11-04-2023, 08:59 PM

Is Calgary and Edmonton going 1 and 2 in the 2024 draft?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...first-edition/
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-04-2023, 11:04 PM

Goaltending needs improvement too. Not going to win many games when your goalies give up 4 goals a game. Campbell is done and they need to get another goalie ASAP.
Old 11-06-2023, 08:39 PM

Yup. Same o.

Start off strong and then the emotion burns out.

Then Canucks score and Oilers get partially deflated. They slow down and other team speeds up.

Then Canucks score again and defence gets sloppy.

Now Oilers will get chippy and get bogged down in penalties.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-06-2023, 08:51 PM

Wow.

I looked, Edmonton was outshooting Vancouver 19-3 and winning 1-0.

I look again 4 minutes later and they are outshooting Vancouver 20-9 and losing 3-1.
Old 11-06-2023, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Wow.

I looked, Edmonton was outshooting Vancouver 19-3 and winning 1-0.

I look again 4 minutes later and they are outshooting Vancouver 20-9 and losing 3-1.
Yup. Defensive collapse and then chickens with heads cut off flailing around the ice.

But oilers have two goals if you count the one they scored on themselves.
Old 11-06-2023, 08:52 PM

Here goes the broken record again, Oiler have 19 shots on goal and score 1. Vancouver has 4 shots on goal and score 2. Whoever thinks that the Oiler's goaltending is anything other than useless is delusional. Ray Charles can see that!.
Old 11-06-2023, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI 6.5 View Post
Whoever thinks that the Oiler's goaltending is anything other than useless is delusional. Ray Charles can see that!.
Honest question, I haven't watched an NHL game yet this season. Is the goal tending that bad or is the opposition getting a higher than average number of quality chances? I ask, as from what I read, it seems the opposition is getting a high number of quality chances which turns average goal tending into poor goal tending. From the Rangers game for example, Edmonton gave up 15 "Grade A" shots.

Last edited by Trochu; 11-06-2023 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-06-2023, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Honest question, I haven't watched an NHL game yet this season. Is the goal tending that bad or is the opposition getting a higher than average number of quality chances? I ask, as from what I read, it seems the opposition is getting a high number of quality chances which turns average goal tending into poor goal tending. From the Rangers game for example, Edmonton game up 15 "Grade A" shots.
It’s not the goaltending. It’s the defence constantly collapsing. Any good goaltender can make some clutch saves with the odd breakdown. But Skinner… he’s in a blender with his own team spinning randomly around the net.

Oilers D is a whirlwind of uselessness.
Old 11-06-2023, 10:06 PM

FIRE THE COACH!!! Whatever you do please DON'T fire the clowns who signed Nurse to a 8 yr 74 mil USD contract or the idiots who can't scout goaltenders.
Old 11-06-2023, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
It’s not the goaltending. It’s the defence constantly collapsing. Any good goaltender can make some clutch saves with the odd breakdown. But Skinner… he’s in a blender with his own team spinning randomly around the net.

Oilers D is a whirlwind of uselessness.
To a certain extent the defence but as I said in a previous comment how about when they are outshooting their opponent by a wide margin and still losing. What does that say about the teams they are losing to, their defence must be lacking as well given the fact they are being outshot and still winning. They must have better goaltending. I am no hockey expert but it certainly appears that way.
Old 11-07-2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Honest question, I haven't watched an NHL game yet this season. Is the goal tending that bad or is the opposition getting a higher than average number of quality chances? I ask, as from what I read, it seems the opposition is getting a high number of quality chances which turns average goal tending into poor goal tending. From the Rangers game for example, Edmonton gave up 15 "Grade A" shots.
Both.
Too many goals off of odd-man rushes and bad reads, and a lot of that is on the D. But at the same time, NHL goalies can bail a team out of a good percentage of those things...not our goalies, though.