Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-11-2009, 05:15 PM

Default Medicine Hat area butchers/locker plant

Just trying to cover all angles of my Elk hunt and was wondering if anyone knows of a good butcher in the Medicine Hat area? Or just a place that would be willing to hang an Elk in the cooler for a few days? Any recommendations?
Thanks

The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin...
Old 08-11-2009, 07:22 PM

Default Great butcher

Yaa try douglas meats ,which is on north railway street just across the street from the CPR railway station!!!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:13 PM

http://www.411.ca/search/butcher%20m...0hat%20alberta

http://www.411.ca/business/Alberta/S...e/6402463.html
Old 08-12-2009, 03:58 AM

Premium Sausage in Seven Persons (just southeast of the Hat 15min on Hwy #3) does a really good job. My family has taken meat there for 10 years there probably. They do a really good job and make GREAT sausage hence the name I guess. They might want you to have it halved tho. I shot a farm buffalo in the spring and took it there and they wanted it in quarters.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 AM

x2 on Premium Sausage in Seven Persons. They are great to deal with and their end product is among the best I have ever tasted.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:00 AM

Default Cooler

There are several good butchers that make excellent sausage in the Hat area, Deitz, Mikes, Deluxe, Premium, Douglas, Reg's Homestyle, but you may want to make sure that they can hang you elk carcass. Many of them are happy to make your sausage from boned out meat but can't hang any wild game. One outfit that can hang your elk, moose, ect is Central Meats 403-528-2050 they have seperate coolers for wild and domestic game, I used them last year for my elk and won't hesitate to do it again. I've never tried their sausage products but I know they do make a few different kinds. I had them hang/cut and wrap mine then I took the boned out product to whichever vendor I wanted to try (last year it was Deitz out at Red Cliff, he makes a great sausage).