Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-03-2019, 11:59 PM

Default Boyd's Stock for TC Omega?

Contemplating ordering one to replace the plastic furniture on my 50 Cal. Everytime I've pulled the stock off the point of impact changes substantially. It should group better at 100 than it does. Any one try this? In general how is Boyds to deal with?
Old 12-04-2019, 01:18 AM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/searc...rchid=17462688

20 pages of threads that references Boyd's. Hope this helps answer all your questions.

This one is specific to dealing with Boyd's.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ighlight=boyds

Last edited by Dean2; 12-04-2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:11 PM

Thanks. Looking for comments specific to a TC Omega as well. Search function is ok as long as it works on an Android phone....which it doesn't. When I have time at a PC I will have to research the old threads.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:47 PM

I ordered an At-One Boyd'd stock last winter, Actually Dean2 showed me how to bed it. It needed some adjustment - had to cut the bolt channel (where the bolt comes down) a little bigger as it was not exactly right, and did some sanding to get it alright down the barrel channel to have it float. It was "good".

That 257 bee (Vanguard) shot great before the bed job, shoots better now !!!!!!! I had (before my son adopted it) a 257 bee in a Mark V action (Acumark) and I bet the Vanguard in the Boyd's shoots just as tight (if not better).

Funny thing is I bought the Vanguard for my son because he had my Acumark, guess what, he still has the Acumark ....... little jerk ........ don't worry I will get him at Christmas dinner this year!!!! I'm going to steal\the tires off his car overnight. Teach him a lesson.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:41 PM

Are you possibly tightening the 2 screws tha hold the barrel on in different order? I've got 2 o eggs and they are excellent shooters out to 200 or better
Old 12-08-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontario gunner View Post
Are you possibly tightening the 2 screws tha hold the barrel on in different order? I've got 2 o eggs and they are excellent shooters out to 200 or better
They are suprisingly tiny little screws. I lightly tightened them to the slightest amount of resistance. Then alternate 1/4 turn each until snug.

Priced out the stocks. With exchange and duty its going to be cheaper to buy a new rig with a better stock.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
Contemplating ordering one to replace the plastic furniture on my 50 Cal. Everytime I've pulled the stock off the point of impact changes substantially. It should group better at 100 than it does. Any one try this? In general how is Boyds to deal with?
You can do a lot to improve the factory stock without spending much money. Bedding the stock will go a long ways to making the POI repeatable after stock removal, it will also shoot a bunch better. I have never done a TTCC Omega but my bet is that stiffening up the forearm will help a bunch too. If you are in the Edmonton area send me a pm.