Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Really? After that call?
Yeah, after the tying goal was shown on the clock.

Took a while for the timekeepers to clean everything up. Then when the next whistle blew, the clock ran on a bit, likely due to the drinks everywhere.

I was a timekeeper in the ACAC (college hockey) for 7 years, so I'm a little sensative...

I will say the last few minutes of the game and the OT was exciting hockey to watch!

Last edited by Albertadiver; 01-24-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughneckin View Post
The Stajan - Stempniak line actually seems to be the hardest playing line out there right now. The first two games they were pushing the opponents first lines deep into their own zone and keeping it there. It was great to see another line rather than the top one do something for a change.
Hope your right, at least Stajan appears to have his heart in the game again, but seriously watch Cameau closely he has no hockey sense at all, I don't know how he got to this level, strange...
Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Really? After that call?
It was the right call after two penalties by Gagner. Crosscheck, then goaltender interference. The interference was debatable but the crosscheck was blatent and should have been called. Oilers were lucky the goal was just canceled and Gagners arse didn't land in the penalty box. The Oilers came back and won fair and square after that though. The too many men on the ice against LA in overtime was fair.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Yeah, after the tying goal was shown on the clock.

Took a while for the timekeepers to clean everything up. Then when the next whistle blew, the clock ran on a bit, likely due to the drinks everywhere.

I was a timekeeper in the ACAC (college hockey) for 7 years, so I'm a little sensative...

I will say the last few minutes of the game and the OT was exciting hockey to watch!
Fair enough I suppose it's not the time keepers fault, just a little worked up. In the end it worked out for oiler fans and was a really entertaining final!

Go oil!!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Banned

Looks like the squabbling will come to a head this Saturday when our 2 teams play. The Flames WILL get their first win in REGULATION against the Oilers on Saturday. MARK MY WORDS!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
Looks like the squabbling will come to a head this Saturday when our 2 teams play. The Flames WILL get their first win in REGULATION against the Oilers on Saturday. MARK MY WORDS!!!
Nope.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
So with Cervenka and Hudler in who is out on Saturday ?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Care to make a friendly bet?

Flames get a win at all, I will send you something nice.

Oilers get a win AGAIN you send me something nice.

Last edited by brslk; 01-24-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
After that officiating fiasco, right after the lockout, had the Oilers lost I probably wouldn't watch another game for a long time. Yeah, exciting end but very frustrating up until then.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 PM

I don't know about you other Oilers fans but I am still smiling after Yakapov's celebration.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
It was the right call after two penalties by Gagner. Crosscheck, then goaltender interference. The interference was debatable but the crosscheck was blatent and should have been called. Oilers were lucky the goal was just canceled and Gagners arse didn't land in the penalty box. The Oilers came back and won fair and square after that though. The too many men on the ice against LA in overtime was fair.
May have been unfair, but so was the extra two on Smid on the visor, and the closing the hand on the puck and the delay of game for face off violation. The refs called all sorts of cheesy penalties tonight.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surface2feather View Post
I don't know about you other Oilers fans but I am still smiling after Yakapov's celebration.
No doubt. That was a pretty epic ending!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 PM

Default Oil

The Oilers played a great game. The PK killed off a pile of greasy penalties. Dubnyk was solid, the kids were flying. Bring on the sad sack Flamers and their crew of has beens and never was's!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohr74 View Post
The Oilers played a great game. The PK killed off a pile of greasy penalties. Dubnyk was solid, the kids were flying. Bring on the sad sack Flamers and their crew of has beens and never was's!!!
sad sack Flamers that the Coil have beatin 3 out 18 over the last 3 years lol...good luck

crew of has beens and never was's hope your not refering to Iggy...
Old 01-24-2013, 11:46 PM

Quote:
As much as I love the Oilers... I thought the sharks were a lot of has beens...
The Oilers gotta be sharp playing the lames. It isnt a gimme.

We'll still win though.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
sad sack Flamers that the Coil have beatin 3 out 18 over the last 3 years lol...good luck

crew of has beens and never was's hope your not refering to Iggy...
I love Iggy. He may not do well in shoot outs but he is a complete player.

I know his father. His own father wishes he would come to the Oilers as they are the team in Alberta to be on.
There isn't much of a legacy in cow town.
Never will be...
Old 01-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Banned

The reason that Iggy is the best player on the Flames is because he's from Edmonton.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
I love Iggy. He may not do well in shoot outs but he is a complete player.

I know his father. His own father wishes he would come to the Oilers as they are the team in Alberta to be on.
There isn't much of a legacy in cow town.
Never will be...
Iggy will always be a Flame, it is no secret this is his desire and you can bet the farm he will be in the org. long after his playing days are done.

There isn't much of a legacy in cow town? I beg to differ, the Flames have had some great teams over the years with many great players on those teams, Roberts, Nieuwendyk, Mcinnis, Gilmour, Mullen, Loob, Mcdonald, Fleury, Iggy etc.

Like I said 3 for 18 over the last 3 seasons...good chance it will be 3 for 19 on Saturday.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:15 AM

Haha...i love when the NHL thread is live, well and kickin...

Although, i'm an oiler fan, i do think they need a psychologist. They do play great hockey against respected teams. 1 win against the stanley cup champs, and another against the presidents trophy winners. But they struggle for a win against the weak teams.....a great example is the 3-18 record against the lames club...
Old 01-25-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
Haha...i love when the NHL thread is live, well and kickin...

Although, i'm an oiler fan, i do think they need a psychologist. They do play great hockey against respected teams. 1 win against the stanley cup champs, and another against the presidents trophy winners. But they struggle for a win against the weak teams.....a great example is the 3-18 record against the lames club...
Well played Grant, well played...;(
Old 01-25-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
It was the right call after two penalties by Gagner. Crosscheck, then goaltender interference. The interference was debatable but the crosscheck was blatent and should have been called. Oilers were lucky the goal was just canceled and Gagners arse didn't land in the penalty box.
Thats BS. If it was goalie interference then it 100% should have been a penalty. How can they call off a goal for interference and then call no penalty. Just shows guilt. Terribly refed game. A clap for the PK though. 22 min short. And what a celly YAK. Enjoy above 500 cause we might never see it again this season!

Never seen a double face off fault??? weird!

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 01-25-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Iggy will always be a Flame, it is no secret this is his desire and you can bet the farm he will be in the org. long after his playing days are done.

There isn't much of a legacy in cow town? I beg to differ, the Flames have had some great teams over the years with many great players on those teams, Roberts, Nieuwendyk, Mcinnis, Gilmour, Mullen, Loob, Mcdonald, Fleury, Iggy etc.

Like I said 3 for 18 over the last 3 seasons...good chance it will be 3 for 19 on Saturday.
And we all know what Calgary did the last 3 years...missed the playoffs. At least Edmonton has had the common sence to know a complete team rebuild was needed to eventually become a contender. We may be a year or two from being a cup contender but the Flames are foolish enough to think they are a playoff team... love it! They are an injury to Kiprisoff away from being an AHL team, that's a fact...they've had Edmontons number the last few years but Flamers fans better get used to being our whipping boys for the foreseeable future...
Old 01-25-2013, 12:41 AM

Damn good game ,

I think the celebration speaks for its self .
Old 01-25-2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
And we all know what Calgary did the last 3 years...missed the playoffs. At least Edmonton has had the common sence to know a complete team rebuild was needed to eventually become a contender. We may be a year or two from being a cup contender but the Flames are foolish enough to think they are a playoff team... love it! They are an injury to Kiprisoff away from being an AHL team, that's a fact...they've had Edmontons number the last few years but Flamers fans better get used to being our whipping boys for the foreseeable future...
Well we shall find out, I keep hearing what a great team the Oilers are going to be, just keep asking myself what they have planned for the back end with regards to D men and a Goalie they seem really weak back there and then I'm wondering how they plan on paying all these young guys down the road but I'm sure that stud of a president Kevin Lowe has er all figured out. Good luck I think you will need a little on Saturday...Cheers
Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Well played Grant, well played...;(
Thanks bud....couldn't resist.

On a good note, i just went for lunch and caught some high-lights. I see the lamers made a tin foil stanley cup and had it on the bench for their practice. Well i lmao...and thought...."Awww, how cute is that" They were all skating around and hoisting it....hahaha
Old 01-25-2013, 01:23 AM

Quote:
bump
Old 01-25-2013, 01:28 AM

:Anybody heard Jamie Benn for Louongo?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 AM

Default What do you think ?

Habs look good.....n,est pas.

Jets look good......and I gotta admit I like watching those oilers play.

My mind reels at the future ....another dynasty. Me thinks

Another golden age on the Whitemud.....
Old 01-25-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Well we shall find out, I keep hearing what a great team the Oilers are going to be, just keep asking myself what they have planned for the back end with regards to D men and a Goalie they seem really weak back there and then I'm wondering how they plan on paying all these young guys down the road but I'm sure that stud of a president Kevin Lowe has er all figured out. Good luck I think you will need a little on Saturday...Cheers
I'm pretty sure Yakupovski is a D man, as is Shultz. 2 players that WANTED to be Oilers.
More will follow.
Honestly, I think Khabibulin has a few more great games in him, I'm not saying seasons but a few key winning games. He will get caught up in the excitment, he will realize he's at the end of his playing years and put a run together.
How old is Roloson? He put a run togther a few years back.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
I'm pretty sure Yakupovski is a D man, as is Shultz. 2 players that WANTED to be Oilers.
More will follow.
Honestly, I think Khabibulin has a few more great games in him, I'm not saying seasons but a few key winning games. He will get caught up in the excitment, he will realize he's at the end of his playing years and put a run together.
How old is Roloson? He put a run togther a few years back.
Just heard the Oilers claimed a goalie off the Flyers. 6'7 and 24 years old is all I got so far. Will listen for more and update as I hear. Anyone else hear this?

BW