Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:19 AM

Damn cowards these guys are.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whammy View Post
I realize that. He was asking why the war memorial didn't have security.

You would think not since its a war memorial, museum, in Canada, but that has now changed for the good. After this do you think city halls will have guards now???
Old 10-22-2014, 10:21 AM

You can whine and complain all you want. But i have no time for bleeding liberal hearts. I would not even give you the time of day .stand up be proud be a man . Soldiers protect and serve this country but citizens need to stand up and protect this country to.

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-22-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
"police state" is an irrelevant conversation at this point. I think this attack answers your question. We can no longer pretend that "our peaceful, free way of life" is safe.
If that's what you think, they have accomplished exactly what they set out to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backcountry cowboy View Post
There has to some serious changes now, there is no reason for these things to be happening and for all these radicals to be coming into Canada. If you come to Canada, you support Canada….. if you disagree with what we believe in and stand for…. get out! Plain and simple
Our soldiers have risked their lives, in both World Wars and many other conflicts to let Canadians have the rights and freedoms we do, and we should back our soldiers up….. no questions asked
Don't be surprised if these are born-in-Canada attackers.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Banned

The response to this by some members lets me know who should be kicked the hell out of this country, not just this forum. Disgusting.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
You can whine and complain all you want. But i have no time for bleeding liberal hearts. I would not even give you the time of day .stand up be proud be a man . Soldiers protect and serve this country but citizens need to stand up and protect this country to.
x2
Old 10-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
If that's what you think, they have accomplished exactly what they set out to do.

I won`t be,the dirtbag in Quebec was.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:28 AM

It's the 2d generation and those after that are causing trouble in Europe (UK, France, Germany mostly). They are probably born in Canada and they have grown hating what they should consider as their homeland, thanks to their book.
We know very well this story in Europe.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:30 AM

Whammy, there is a good chance that some of these attacks are coming from Canadian born attackers, but many of them go overseas and train with radical groups around the world
Old 10-22-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:

You could very well be right. Gov says they are watching 90 or so radicals in Canada. They could be unknown, but belong to a radical group, or an offshoot. I want to know the nationality of the one that was capped, Canadian or not. The background checks on this guy are going to be intense, as they should be.

Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car.
After one hour, open the trunk and see who is happiest to see you!!!

If you won't stand behind our Troops,
Feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
It's the 2d generation and those after that are causing trouble in Europe (UK, France, Germany mostly). They are probably born in Canada and they have grown hating their homeland, thanks to their book.
We know very well this story in Europe.
I haven't heard anything to suggest the Quebec driver was 2nd generation or anything other than home grown Canadian. The picture on the National Post doesn't suggest it either, for what's that worth.

Of course it may be different with the Ottawa one(s).

IMHO it makes it much worse and problematic if they are completely home-grown.

And according to both the C Herald's article and the National Post's, the Quebec driver had no training or even contact with ISIL... again to me more troubling than if he had.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:36 AM

Default Time for the war measures act

Time to gather up all the suspected terrorists in Canada and imprison them until this is all sorted out.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backcountry cowboy View Post
There has to some serious changes now, there is no reason for these things to be happening and for all these radicals to be coming into Canada.
I would like to call this post out as a prime example of an uninformed, knee-jerk reaction.

1) The car-attack on soldiers the other day was done by someone who was born in Canada - A frenchman.

2) The identity of today's shooter is as yet unknown. Given reports of long black hair, they could be native as easily as they could be Muslim.

Yet, the poster is demanding that we stop "letting radicals into canada".

Such uninformed knee-jerk reactions have far greater potential to decrease our freedoms than a couple of nutjobs on the rampage.

As was mentioned previously by Arachnodisiac, we only need look at the America to see the cost of unmeasured response.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Do you not understand the vast difference between being afraid or being prepared, without living in denial and being complacent? Proof is on TV right now again, and warnings of these attacks have been clear as day. As usual they weren't taken seriously and people have died..........get it?

This isn't an isolated event and you can bet your last dollar it's not the last.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Do you not understand the vast difference between being afraid or being prepared, without living in denial and being complacent? Proof is on TV right now again, and warnings of these attacks have been clear as day. As usual they weren't taken seriously and people have died..........get it?

This isn't an isolated event and you can bet your last dollar it's not the last.
Apparently you don't get what terrorism is...
Old 10-22-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Goodfellow View Post
I would like to call this post out as a prime example of an uninformed, knee-jerk reaction.

1) The car-attack on soldiers the other day was done by someone who was born in Canada - A frenchman.

2) The identity of today's shooter is as yet unknown. Given reports of long black hair, they could be native as easily as they could be Muslim.

Such uninformed knee-jerk reactions have far greater potential to decrease our freedoms than a couple of nutjobs on the rampage.

As was mentioned previously by Arachnodisiac, we only need look at the America to see the cost of unmeasured response.
The poster demands we stop letting radicals into Canada..... Good Idea to me, Do you suggest we let them in???

Again, Trash is Trash and we dont need to decrease our freedom we need to STAY free.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Apparently you don't get what terrorism is...
lol....ok bud. Apparently you don't know what I get at all. That's fine. Carry on and have a nice day
Old 10-22-2014, 10:48 AM

I think Canada Immigration needs a "Sorry We Are Full" sign. To all countries regardless until we can sort out the issues already here.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Knee jerk, it's what you gonna do when you'll get randomly shot by a radical while picking up your kids at school. This is what happened in France last year in Toulouse.

The biggest mistake is to call them nutjobs, because they are not. They know what they do.

and don't call french-speaking people a frenchman, that is inaccurate and annoying. A Frenchman is someone from France, a Francophone is someone who speaks french as a language.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:50 AM

And I just want to clarify that I absolutely believe we should respond.
I just want to be smart about it.

I am a firefighter/EMR. I haven't served in the military, but I think it's safe to say that most people in emergency services feel we are in an extended family together.

Having attended quite a few emergency scenes over the years, one of the things are are trained for is not giving in to developing tunnel vision. Firefighters especially are known for sometimes doing things with too much gusto, thanks to the adrenaline. (Like doors being kicked in when they were unlocked to begin with, for instance.)

Having that kind of experience and training, coupled with my media career has taught me to sometimes take a deep breath and get as much information before acting, because consequences last a lifetime. But that doesn't mean we don't act.

Just wanted to clarify before I get branded a sympathizer. The truth is, we just don't know enough about anything yet to make any kind of plan.

Quote:

www.SnakesonaPlain.ca
Old 10-22-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
lol....ok bud. Apparently you don't know what I get at all. That's fine. Carry on and have a nice day
Same to you!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:55 AM

My first reaction over this is anger but I am not of the mind to go out with an unmeasured response to attack overseas before we know who attacked us. Our response should be swift and in multitudes of magnitude greater then what was done to us. And for those calling for an increased amount of security and heightened sense of paranoia, consider how much safer that actually made the good old USA. They gave up alot of their freedom's and militarized their police forces. That knee jerk reaction didn't make them any safer it just took away their liberties and undermined their values.

And on to the second point why the hell are we observing these radicals INSIDE our country? Why are they allowed INSIDE our country? I don't give a crap if they were born here and then went overseas for their training, if we know they left the country to seek out training with militant extremists why do we allow them to even have a Canadian passport or to clear our customs? If were so concerned that they are actually under active surveillance, why are they not expelled from the country?

Finally, I am a Liberal person although I vote conservative, and I am not ashamed of it. I am also not a bleeding heart when it comes to my country being attacked; I am just more of a fan of an appropriate response against those who did attack us. Once we know who did it for sure that's when we go old testament on them in response.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:

"uninformed" strikes me as relevant to your post. Naïve may be another interpretation. I don't care if these animals are "home grown" or not.

I'll say this again because it has been talked about before but I think most don't even know what it means, and if they do, don't acknowledge it. This is a CALIPHATE!!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
"uninformed" strikes me as relevant to your post. Naïve may be another interpretation. I don't care if these animals are "home grown" or not.

I'll say this again because it has been talked about before but I think most don't even know what it means, and if they do, don't acknowledge it. This is a CALIPHATE!!
We still don't know if these creeps were moslems or not. Early reports stated they were natives... Too early to tell.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnodisiac View Post

Just wanted to clarify before I get branded a sympathizer.
I suspect that to some modes of thinking, anything less than vocal calls for immediate retribution in a random direction is is seen as weak.

Quote:
The truth is, we just don't know enough about anything yet to make any kind of plan.
I wholeheartedly agree, although, that doesn't seem to have stopped many in this thread from weighing in with their plans.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:

I am a firefighter/EMR. I haven't served in the military, but I think it's safe to say that most people in emergency services feel we are in an extended family together.

Having attended quite a few emergency scenes over the years, one of the things are are trained for is not giving in to developing tunnel vision. Firefighters especially are known for sometimes doing things with too much gusto, thanks to the adrenaline. (Like doors being kicked in when they were unlocked to begin with, for instance.)

Having that kind of experience and training, coupled with my media career has taught me to sometimes take a deep breath and get as much information before acting, because consequences last a lifetime. But that doesn't mean we don't act.

Just wanted to clarify before I get branded a sympathizer. The truth is, we just don't know enough about anything yet to make any kind of plan.
x2 (though I did serve in the military)

And to add, with some more information (and then likely some parliamentary debate) how to respond effectively... increased arrest powers to police, more money to CSIS for internet monitoring, increased military action overseas, etc.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:

This. My thoughts are with the Soldier who was lost today and his family, but to jump to conclusions this early does know one any good.

In saying that if this does turn out to be an ISIL attack. It will make me even more proud to be writing the CFAT tomorrow to join in the fight against them. I already believed we had enough reason to fight them for their treatment of men, women, and children in the middle east. This would just cement in my mind that this group is a threat to my friends, family, and all canadians who seek peace.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:02 AM

News reports are unfolding as we speak. Some stations say one thing to another. The outcome is not good regardless.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadham View Post
And to add, with some more information (and then likely some parliamentary debate) how to respond effectively... increased arrest powers to police, more money to CSIS for internet monitoring, increased military action overseas, etc.
Am I the only one here who recognizes that all of the above suggestions would decrease our freedoms?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Am I the only one here who recognizes that all of the above suggestions would decrease our freedoms?
Exactly. Which is exactly what terrorists set out to do.
Closed Thread