Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-02-2015, 10:02 PM

Geez, and the little guys are sick of Burkie yipping truculence. They played a big man's game against a much larger team. I wish they were a little bigger, but I stopped questioning their heart about week 2. They have more finish around the net than they've had since '89, IMO.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Huge win against the Jets tonight I guess from now til spring there all huge wins...wouldn't mind seein the Oilers beat SJ tonight...
....and they did, even if it took 13 shooters in the shoot out to do it. Always good for the Flames when a western conference rival gets beat. Especially by a team that is no threat to them.

The Flames win against the Jets was beauty, very good game to watch.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Banned

Up 3-1 on the sharks.
Flames look good. Though Hillier is giving out huge rebounds and seems to be fighting the puck. Perhaps he needs a break coming up against Pittsburgh.

Gota win this game, it launches us to 2nd in the Pacific.

These guys are starting to look like the real deal.

Jamie
Old 02-04-2015, 10:46 PM

Nice win, and they leap frog past Jets, Canucks, and Sharks to No. #2 in the Pacific Division behind Ducks. Now, if they can just keep it up for another 30 games or so.... I'm really impressed how everyone is contributing though, they've had something like 15 players score in the last 10 games, eight of which they won. Russell getting his tonight was a monkey off his back, he's such a hard worker, plays Big for his size, and will block anything he sees.

A gutsy bunch, and fun to watch every game.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-05-2015, 07:08 AM

Thumbs up Go Flame Go

Hillier ,,,he doz look shakey always down flopping around ,rebounds ,,flames need a goalie than make a good run at the playoffs,,Romo ain't much better great one night next night he turns in to a kipper the slipper soft
Old 02-06-2015, 11:06 AM

Hey. Kipper one of the top 5 of his era, BTW. Any thoughts on if they keep it going against Sid & Evgeny???
Old 02-06-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
Hillier ,,,he doz look shakey always down flopping around ,rebounds ,,flames need a goalie than make a good run at the playoffs,,Romo ain't much better great one night next night he turns in to a kipper the slipper soft
Hiller* likes to choke in the playoffs and he's not going to help the Flames get anywhere. Flames goaltending is extremely weak when compared to teams like the Ducks who have 2 insane goalies and an even better one getting back into shape in the AHL. You know their goaltending is good when the Flames best goalie was the Ducks expendable goalie.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battery View Post
Hiller* likes to choke in the playoffs and he's not going to help the Flames get anywhere. Flames goaltending is extremely weak when compared to teams like the Ducks who have 2 insane goalies and an even better one getting back into shape in the AHL. You know their goaltending is good when the Flames best goalie was the Ducks expendable goalie.
Ya and the Flames were supposed to be in last place or there abouts this season and where are they now lol....flames goal tending is extremely weak, have you looked at the teams goals against this season, didn't think so

"Always surprised at the people that come here and trash Alberta. Why put yourself through the torture of living here? Start your own thread about why Alberta is the worst place to live and why you stay."

Rugatika
Old 02-06-2015, 12:45 PM

Default GO flames GO

Flame's block more shots than any other team in the NHL,,,i have more faith in ortio,,,than hillier or ramo,,,sorry but hillier sucks,,,
Old 02-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Banned

Not a bad run for no goaltending...........

Looking good so far. 4 out 5 at home. 8 and 2 in the last 10. I wouldn't have started Hillier tonight. Its not a must win. SJ, Van and LA coming up. Those are must wins.

2 Times now in the last 2 games, I have seen the need or want for a Mcgrattan.
Its only going to get more nasty as we move towards the end of the season.

Jamie
Old 02-06-2015, 01:27 PM

Come on goal tending has been better than good! UNder 1.5 goals a game since Hiller back in net. Strong as he was at begining of season. Will be interesting with Lundquist out if Ramo gets traded to make room for standout AHL goalie 😊
Old 02-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
Come on goal tending has been better than good! UNder 1.5 goals a game since Hiller back in net. Strong as he was at begining of season. Will be interesting with Lundquist out if Ramo gets traded to make room for standout AHL goalie 😊
Very true about the trade.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:00 PM

I like Ramo despite some of his less than spectacular moments, but I like Ortio better.....I wouldn't mind if they brought him up. Throw him in for a few games, and then put Hiller back in to earn his 'starting goalie' spot, he plays so much better with motivation.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:15 PM

Talking

hillier...what a lazy azz,,always down on is knees,,looks like he as a hard time standing up...just shoot high and its a goal
Old 02-09-2015, 11:30 PM

Flames are owning some teams this year, Sharks anyways.
I still see the bigger teams have more possession time in Flames end but Flames don't panic, it's how they defend against what the opposition does after that that impresses me.
We will see how the stretch play-off run goes.

TBark
Old 02-10-2015, 07:45 AM

Talking GO flames GO

Bouma best player on the team last night very fast skating hiting every thing in sight ,,and Hillier showed up for work last night ,,,,just a matter of time Bryon is going to fill the net,,Flames look like there getting faster with each game
Old 02-10-2015, 07:51 AM

Agree that Bouma was outstanding last night. He seems to really be coming in to himself, playing with great confidence. Impressive for a young guy only in his second year. But then, look at Johnny G.! Still a long way to the finish line, but they are playing like they mean to get there ahead of the pack. Too bad Canucks lost last night...

Old 02-10-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Agree that Bouma was outstanding last night. He seems to really be coming in to himself, playing with great confidence. Impressive for a young guy only in his second year. But then, look at Johnny G.! Still a long way to the finish line, but they are playing like they mean to get there ahead of the pack. Too bad Canucks lost last night...
All correct except that bit at the end about the Canuckleheads. Oops, I see that was in jest. Good on ya.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propliner View Post
All correct except that bit at the end about the Canuckleheads. Oops, I see that was in jest. Good on ya.
No jest, very pleased that Minnesota beat them 5-3. Keeps them looking up at the Flames.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:51 PM
Banned

Much needed 2 points tonight.
Good game to watch.

This race for the playoffs has me sitting on the edge of my seat. You guys up north should try it some time.

I think our chances of making the playoffs is around 85%. Easily changed though.

Jamie
Old 02-14-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Much needed 2 points tonight.
Good game to watch.

This race for the playoffs has me sitting on the edge of my seat. You guys up north should try it some time.

I think our chances of making the playoffs is around 85%. Easily changed though.

Jamie
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...c/Calgary.html

Actually at 77%

Can check all teams on the above website.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:54 PM

Another incredible win tonight. Down 3-0 in the second and came back to win against the burly Bruins in OT with a last second rush to the net and a lucky goal. Hurdler is a point-generating sorcerer as of late. Way to go, boys. You're in the hunt.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:10 AM
Banned

What a bounce.
What a comeback.
These guys never quit.

I had to coach tonight and recorded the 3rd period.
WOW WOW WOW

What a ride!

Jamie
Old 02-17-2015, 07:16 AM

Talking GO flames GO

if the flames played 3 peroids instead of 1 they would be unbeatable...and Ramo is done ,,Hillier is looking like a # one goaltender ,,,,,again ,,,Brodie ,Geo ,Hudler smart players,,big two points
Old 02-17-2015, 08:42 AM

Flames games are exciting, half the games anyways, but I still fear the worst in the next 6-7 weeks.
I just can't see the Kings and Sharks not making the playoffs, so someone has to come up a bit short.

TBark
Old 02-17-2015, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
Flames games are exciting, half the games anyways, but I still fear the worst in the next 6-7 weeks.
I just can't see the Kings and Sharks not making the playoffs, so someone has to come up a bit short.

TBark
In the farthest reaches of my mind, the above pops up. But as this season goes, it pops up less and less.

Lets get rid of Ramo and bring Ortio back up.

Sam Bennett is healthy once again. Not sure where he is going to play, but I would like to see him. If he is as good as they say, it might put Calgary over the top.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:07 AM

Default I don't. Care who beats the Bruins

No doubt the flames are palatable , if they can go in the tank
Why can't they get better . In a 82 game schedule lots
Of teams go to sleep in the last 20 games .
It's going to be an exciting finish , surprise of the year
Besides Calgary ..Predators I wonder if their fans know .

Nice job on the teddy bears ,
Old 02-17-2015, 03:09 PM

Was a great comeback again, I wish they could put more points up earlier though in the game....freaks me out watching sometimes.

I agree with Jamie, Ramo needs to go, and bring Ortio back up to spell Hiller. I expected more from Ramo, but he is spotty at best. Stellar when he is on, bad when he is off.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Was a great comeback again, I wish they could put more points up earlier though in the game....freaks me out watching sometimes.

I agree with Jamie, Ramo needs to go, and bring Ortio back up to spell Hiller. I expected more from Ramo, but he is spotty at best. Stellar when he is on, bad when he is off.
Twisted, they are afraid they would lose him on waivers. I say who cares. Orto not being here hurts us . Surely they could get some sort of draft pick for him.

Jamie
Old 02-17-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Twisted, they are afraid they would lose him on waivers. I say who cares. Orto not being here hurts us . Surely they could get some sort of draft pick for him.

Jamie
Oh well, get a bag of pucks for him I say. I used to like him, but now he just scares me when he is between the pipes. And while they are at it, get rid of Stajan too. He is deadweight and underperforming. At least Raymond finally woke up.