Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-10-2009, 03:42 PM

well as far as i know...no team is without a win now this year so i would think that any team playing tonight is going for yet ANOTHER win hahaha....
Old 11-10-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmax View Post
I can't beleive that they NHL handed Glencross a 3 game suspension for that little tap on Drury. There wasn't even a penalty. Drury needs to quit hockey since he is riding on his, what 5th concusion. And Richards gets nothing. WOW

Go Flames Go
Ah, Flames can't complain too much. Iggy got a free pass for turning the lights out on probably Edmonton's best defenceman, who still hasn't returned I believe. The only reason he wasn't suspended for that was "Well, he's Jarome Iginla. We know he's a nice guy and would never purposely hurt someone". Being the face of the franchise doesn't hurt either. So it all balances out for the Flames.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt_and_fish View Post
The Glencross hit was completely different than the Richards hit in my opinion. The reason, in my opinion, that Glencross deserved the suspension is that Drury never touched the puck.

Whether the "clean" hits like Richards' on Booth, or Mitchell's on Toews, or Phaneuf's on Okposo, should be penalized is a debate that will come up at the GM meeting. As of right now, those hits are fully within the rules. The hit on Drury was not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
H & F I agree with your assessment here, Glendross screwed up plain and simple, the puck was no where near Drury when the hit occured....I didn't here much arguement from the Flames camp after the ruling either so it is what it is..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Ah, Flames can't complain too much. Iggy got a free pass for turning the lights out on probably Edmonton's best defenceman, who still hasn't returned I believe. The only reason he wasn't suspended for that was "Well, he's Jarome Iginla. We know he's a nice guy and would never purposely hurt someone". Being the face of the franchise doesn't hurt either. So it all balances out for the Flames.
I think you are both dead on H&F and BP! Even though the Glencross hit happened at a much slower speed the puck was not involved in the play at all. With that said 3 games is too much in my eyes. Glencross is not a repeat offender by any means. He plays the game on the edge but has stayed out of trouble. Ovechkin is dirtier than Glencross and he only got a small fine for probably his 200th slew foot since coming in to the league. This brings up your point Oko and you are 100% right in my eyes. This is the problem with the league right now it is officiated by name not by the play. They need to be more consistent when dealing with suspensions. Name should not matter at all if they are in the wrong they should get what they deserve. A good start would be to implement a "Hit to the head" minor for these instances. It is a penalty at all levels of minor hockey so why stop at the pro level.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Banned

Calgary wins Again lol Sunday we get to watch the Stamps end the Eskimos season.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:34 AM

Default Edmonton Play by Play announcer

I listened to the edmonton/buffalo game on the radio the other night. I must say that the clown calling the play for 630 CHED is an absolute IDIOT. I have listened to a lot of the games he calls and the crazy Bias he shows is astounding. The hit on Reddox by Mcarthur was definetly a major penalty. 'Ole rod phillips was screaming bloody murder. It was quite funny. He was calling for Mcarthur to be suspended the rest of the season and calling him a coward. He also had a comment about him being from Lloydminster and couldn't believe someone from there could be such a coward. It appears that there will be no suspension for Mcarthur as there were no hearings held on the hit today. Another funny part of it was the colour commentator also working the game was trying to settle down Rod phillips and bring him back to reality.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:39 AM

What's going on in Nuck Land if this keep's up Roberto will be watching team Canada on the tube come February...they better hurry up and get Peter the great signed...
Old 11-13-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
I listened to the edmonton/buffalo game on the radio the other night. I must say that the clown calling the play for 630 CHED is an absolute IDIOT. I have listened to a lot of the games he calls and the crazy Bias he shows is astounding. The hit on Reddox by Mcarthur was definetly a major penalty. 'Ole rod phillips was screaming bloody murder. It was quite funny. He was calling for Mcarthur to be suspended the rest of the season and calling him a coward. He also had a comment about him being from Lloydminster and couldn't believe someone from there could be such a coward. It appears that there will be no suspension for Mcarthur as there were no hearings held on the hit today. Another funny part of it was the colour commentator also working the game was trying to settle down Rod phillips and bring him back to reality.
Yup he's no Peter Maher that's for sure....
Old 11-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Lmao Ive been laughing for 4+ minutes at this.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Yup he's no Peter Maher that's for sure....
Ya Rod got into the Hall FIRST.....and Maher is a pale comparison to Ed Whalen
Old 11-13-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Ya Rod got into the Hall FIRST.....and Maher is a pale comparison to Ed Whalen
I think Maher is competent. He just doesn't bring much energy or excitement to the game. I do agree he's generally fair... in any way a guy indirectly paid by the Flames can be fair about them.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Wait until next year when Stauffer takes over. I have a feeling what you hear this year will be fantastic compared to the future with Bob. I think this province is really lacking in quality announcers for it's major sports on the radio. Both Oilers and Flames radio broadcasts could use a major over haul. AJ Jakubec of the Oil Kings and Pat Siedlicki of the Lethbridge Hurricanes are the 2 best in the province in my eyes. Rod is Rod, Mr. Oiler and totally biased. Maher is way to dry and seems to lack an enthusiasm for the game.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:02 PM

So if the playoffs were to start tomorrow how many Canadian teams would be in...?? sorry I couldn't help myself...
Old 11-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
So if the playoffs were to start tomorrow how many Canadian teams would be in...?? sorry I couldn't help myself...
Theres only one team that Matters! The Calgary flames and after yet another dominating victory I cant wait for spring.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Banned

Calgary got beat in the corners, got beat on the shot clock, got beat in the alley (repetedly) and Toronto lost on the scoreboard......

But yet they come away with the 2 points.
A very succesful road trip.. 9/10 points.

leafs seem to have the drive to win.. Just not enough guns...

BTW Trev.. Was the truck cold when you had to go to the liqour store for me??

Jamie
Old 11-15-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Calgary got beat in the corners, got beat on the shot clock, got beat in the alley (repetedly) and Toronto lost on the scoreboard......

But yet they come away with the 2 points.
A very succesful road trip.. 9/10 points.

leafs seem to have the drive to win.. Just not enough guns...

BTW Trev.. Was the truck cold when you had to go to the liqour store for me??

Jamie
Iginla and Kipper, that was the difference....
Old 11-15-2009, 01:26 AM

Good game by the Canucks
Old 11-15-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
Good game by the Canucks
Finally eh !!!
Old 11-15-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Finally eh !!!
yeah..and after all those losses, we're still only one win behind the Flames.

On a more entertaining note...How about that Rypien...MAN, can that guy fight!! Only 170 lbs!!

Rypien vs May Class shown by both guys in removing their helmet/visor before they start

The "David and Goliath" fight...5'11", 170 lbs vs 6'7", 240 lbs :

Rypien vs Gill
Old 11-15-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post

On a more entertaining note...How about that Rypien...MAN, can that guy fight!! Only 170 lbs!!

Rypien vs May Class shown by both guys in removing their helmet/visor before they start

Rypien vs Gill
Yup you bet but for the record the Nucks are back 4 points of the Flames with the Flames having 3 games in hand...so...
Old 11-15-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Rypien vs Gill
Rypien is a beauty!! Had some great tilts when he was on the Pats.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Rypien is a beauty!! Had some great tilts when he was on the Pats.
X2 an absolute beauty, he also layed quite the beating on stortine last season and got him good this season, not sure how smart stortine was in picking another fight with him
some one should post a link to that fight
Old 11-16-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
X2 an absolute beauty, he also layed quite the beating on stortine last season and got him good this season, not sure how smart stortine was in picking another fight with him
some one should post a link to that fight
This season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xp8V4_Q9pU

Last season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH4GQYmq_MI&NR=1

I don't know if I believe the 170 lbs stat. I know that's what he's listed at but I just don't trust those listings. Sam Gagne is listed at 191 lbs. I have a really hard time believing he is 20 lbs heavier than Rypien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant
It is fun when your team is ahead but...just remember, all that really matters is how the standings look in mid April. There will be plenty of changes to the top 8 in both conferences before then.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
This season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xp8V4_Q9pU

Last season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH4GQYmq_MI&NR=1

I don't know if I believe the 170 lbs stat. I know that's what he's listed at but I just don't trust those listings. Sam Gagne is listed at 191 lbs. I have a really hard time believing he is 20 lbs heavier than Rypien.

It is fun when your team is ahead but...just remember, all that really matters is how the standings look in mid April. There will be plenty of changes to the top 8 in both conferences before then.
Really ??? Dang it.....
Old 11-16-2009, 03:47 PM

What happened April 27, 2009?

Fourth straight year was it not?

Regular season means nothing at all. But with a storied history like the Flames, guess we should cut their fans some slack, let them cheer during the regular season as those cheers become tears in April soon enough.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
What happened April 27, 2009?

Fourth straight year was it not?

Regular season means nothing at all. But with a storied history like the Flames, guess we should cut their fans some slack, let them cheer during the regular season as those cheers become tears in April soon enough.
Coming from a HABS fan I will take that as a compliment...the only thing the HABS like the LEAFS have going for them is there storied PAST...
Old 11-16-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind they normally do not post weight lower than what it actually is. With that said Gagner is thicker than Rypien but not by 20 lbs. I think Rypiens weight is his actual weight and Gagners is listed at plus 10 (so 180ish). Interesting that Hockey DB lists Rypien at 184 lbs though.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Coming from a HABS fan I will take that as a compliment...the only thing the HABS like the LEAFS have going for them is there storied PAST...
Ahh...ya mean like how the Flames won the cup 20 years ago, but since then have only gone past the 1st round ONE TIME?? (and that was only by 1 goal, to Vancouver, no less) How many times has Vancouver made it past round 1 in the past 20 years? uhh....6?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Ahh...ya mean like how the Flames won the cup 20 years ago, but since then have only gone past the 1st round ONE TIME?? (and that was only by 1 goal, to Vancouver, no less) How many times has Vancouver made it past round 1 in the past 20 years? uhh....6?
The Flames have been to the cup final 3 times 2 more than your lowsome Nucks....
Old 11-16-2009, 11:10 PM

This is really kind of a dumb debate...just like any MTL fan can say most cups...yet most of those were before they were even born...living in the past is a wee bit ridiculous...just like every Edmonton fan "city of champions this, city of champions that", the real question posed to any one speaking that blib blab is what have they done for you today???
Old 11-16-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
This is really kind of a dumb debate...just like any MTL fan can say most cups...yet most of those were before they were even born...living in the past is a wee bit ridiculous...just like every Edmonton fan "city of champions this, city of champions that", the real question posed to any one speaking that blib blab is what have they done for you today???
Agreed I can't believe I got sucked into that one...Oh well Go Flames Go and here's to David wearing the the Flamin C this summer....YEAHHHHHH !!!!