Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Kanon, It goes like this - Flames 2-0 against the Coil so far this season, I am the first to admit the Flames have not played well, in there defence they have a whole new coaching staff, once they adjust to and start playing coach Sutters system they will be fine, when the Flames vaunted D find there game look out....

lol... the lamers should be 2-0 against the spoilers after all aren't they expected to be cup contenders while we are expected to be what 8-9-10th place. Nothing to be proud of really, especially when they were fluke wins but what ever floats your boat i guess.

Actually don't mind spotting the lamers some points...i think they will really be needing them at the end of the year!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 AM

Old 10-14-2009, 09:55 AM

God, the fireworks, predictions, and assessments already, and the season isn't 10% over. Current standings and performance mean NOTHING.... does anyone seriously believe Colorado will be on top in the West at the end of the year?

Relax, enjoy. Heckle each other. Just don't take yourself too seriously. You've seen nothing yet that will indicate where these teams will end up.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 PM

my 09 10 season prediction

Flyers-Flames Final Flyers win cup in 4 sweep

GO FLYERS
Old 10-14-2009, 09:25 PM

Good game tonight man those Hawks can fly.....better team won Khabbi kept us in it till the last.....the team is competing that is all I ask...and a playoff berth LOL
Old 10-16-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Good game tonight man those Hawks can fly.....better team won Khabbi kept us in it till the last.....the team is competing that is all I ask...and a playoff berth LOL
X2...alot of young talent in chicago. I think if their goaltending can improve they will be at the big dance this year.

Other than that... GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
lol... the lamers should be 2-0 against the spoilers after all aren't they expected to be cup contenders while we are expected to be what 8-9-10th place. Nothing to be proud of really, especially when they were fluke wins but what ever floats your boat i guess.

Actually don't mind spotting the lamers some points...i think they will really be needing them at the end of the year!!!!
You summed it up fairly well G Man, serious Flames fans expect to be a contender yes, it's sad that many Coiler fans think that 8-9-10th place is all right, I think there is some TO Mapleleaf syndrome (loosing is ok as long as you tried) setting in at the Capitol these days...Fluke wins = points and you bet the more points we have at the end of the year the better....
Old 10-16-2009, 08:21 PM

So 5-0 Flames so far against Vancouver near the end of the second.

Nice to see Phaneuf's rocket tonight.

Last edited by Albertadiver; 10-16-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Another goal
Old 10-16-2009, 08:35 PM

Wow...that is embarassing...maybe this is the wake up call the canucks need. When they are this bad i dont even get mad... Things could be worse...I could look like Rihanna...right BP?
Old 10-16-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
Wow...that is embarassing...maybe this is the wake up call the canucks need. When they are this bad i dont even get mad... Things could be worse...I could look like Rihanna...right BP?
Safe to say thats its 2 down 2 to go for you...I think Rihanna looks nice....I don't think your going to look that good even in RED.....
Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
You summed it up fairly well G Man, serious Flames fans expect to be a contender yes, it's sad that many Coiler fans think that 8-9-10th place is all right, I think there is some TO Mapleleaf syndrome (loosing is ok as long as you tried) setting in at the Capitol these days...Fluke wins = points and you bet the more points we have at the end of the year the better....
As a neutral bystander in the BOA I disagree with you BP. Listening to the radio in Edmonton (I live in St.Albert) all you here about is how sick fans are of finishing 8th or lower. I am in Calgary quite a bit through out the year and it seems they have accepted the fact that they will lose in the first round every year no matter what. Both cities have very loyal fans but they are very unique in their own ways. Edmonton fans may be the most negative fans in the league (get over the 80's!)!!!! Flames fans have not yet learned what it can be like to have a consistent playoff threat in their city. When that finally happens Calgary will not know what hit them, it will be fantastic!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 03:06 PM

Oilers are competing that is all I could ask for.....I will reserve judgement till the end of the month....
Old 10-19-2009, 09:20 PM

As if!! We are outplaying and outshooting another team yet no luck...ridiculous! Comeeeee on Canucks!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 09:29 PM

BSSSSSSSSSSSS WHAT A JOKE...WE SCORE BUT THE HORN GOES...seriously...at least admit fellow hockey fans the canucks this seasont hus far has had no puck luck!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
BSSSSSSSSSSSS WHAT A JOKE...WE SCORE BUT THE HORN GOES...seriously...at least admit fellow hockey fans the canucks this seasont hus far has had no puck luck!!!
I can't admit to that, there is more to it than Luck, I wish the Nucks would have beatin the Coil though, the Coil fans will start re-living the 80's again soon if they win a couple more...
Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Oilers are competing that is all I could ask for.....I will reserve judgement till the end of the month....
Your covering your A** fairly good again this year hey Kanon...
Old 10-19-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I can't admit to that, there is more to it than Luck, I wish the Nucks would have beatin the Coil though, the Coil fans will start re-living the 80's again soon if they win a couple more...
And it shouldn't be long now before we hear the words "elite" and "flames" used in the same sentence.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:19 PM

Sens fan here.

My boys are icing the deepest team we've seen in quite a few seasons, so I'm happy thus far.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
And it shouldn't be long now before we hear the words "elite" and "flames" used in the same sentence.
You bet if they go all the way this year I will be the first to post it...
Old 10-20-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Your covering your A** fairly good again this year hey Kanon...

Unlike some of the clowns that cheer for your team..I can be somewhat unbiased towards the Oil. They are getting some breaks and losing some others..but they are playing hard and aggressive and thats what we have lacked for several seasons. You have to admit that those qualities are somewhat lacking from your team this year. Im just wanting to see small improvements in my teams game. I already said we make the playoffs and have bets with Jamie and BB that says we do...anything more is just gravy IMO
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:

Unlike some of the clowns that cheer for your team..I can be somewhat unbiased towards the Oil. They are getting some breaks and losing some others..but they are playing hard and aggressive and thats what we have lacked for several seasons. You have to admit that those qualities are somewhat lacking from your team this year. Im just wanting to see small improvements in my teams game. I already said we make the playoffs and have bets with Jamie and BB that says we do...anything more is just gravy IMO
Yes I take a similar position as yourself Kanon, with a complete set of new coaches and a new system to learn, it will take the boy's awhile to get comfortable playing under coach Sutter, I predict the Flames will make the Playoff's, bet's anyone ???.....
Old 10-22-2009, 12:27 AM

Yippppeeeeee First road win....great comeback...loving it! Nucks will begin to turn it around now...especialyl since we play the leafs next and will destroy them.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Yippppeeeeee First road win....great comeback...loving it! Nucks will begin to turn it around now...especialyl since we play the leafs next and will destroy them.
well it's the leafs, no big feat.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
well it's the leafs, no big feat.
Lol They'll be Just as tough to beat as The Titans against the Patriots Lol And The Flames will do it this Year. 1# In goals and 17 of our players have goals, The days of relying on Iggy to score every game are a thing of the past. The Bhulin wall only had 2 losses in his career against the flames, this coming Saturday He will be 0-3 for the season Hahah.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:44 AM

I think we can all agree on here it is one of the best feelings to see the Leafs suck and lose a lot
Old 10-22-2009, 04:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
I think we can all agree on here it is one of the best feelings to see the Leafs suck and lose a lot
Lol Yeah 0-6-1 Lmao
Old 10-22-2009, 11:44 AM

Yeah too bad the Flames did not score 7 or so against the Hawks, maybe have one the game!

Check out which team has allowed the second most goals in the league. Oops the Flames have, good thing they score lots.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Yes I take a similar position as yourself Kanon, with a complete set of new coaches and a new system to learn, it will take the boy's awhile to get comfortable playing under coach Sutter, I predict the Flames will make the Playoff's, bet's anyone ???.....
Hmmmmm... bets you say!!!
I will bet you that the spoiler's make the playoff's and double or nothing that the lame's don't make it past the second round.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:44 PM

Sutter must be scratching his head. Flames doing fine in league standings, but it's how they are doing it! First in scoring, HORRIBLE in goals against (only Tampa Bay, Florida, and the Leafs are worse), getting outshot by 10 goals per game. Shoot little, score lots, get scored on lots... you would think they had a team full of very selective snipers who were scared to take the body or play D! Really doesn't sound like a Sutter team! I know it's early and will likely change. Just really odd. One thing he did that has really paid off... PRACTICING THE POWER PLAY! It has saved them and made them a power for sure.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:33 PM

penner could finally be worth his salt.....