Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-31-2008, 05:54 PM

Default aiming your fish tv horizontally

How do you do this it always twists for me?
Old 01-31-2008, 06:37 PM

A stick or Aqua Vu sells these tripods ....one electric which is great and another which is stationary
Old 01-31-2008, 06:54 PM

I know just what your talking about. I only used my Aqua Vu once and had to purchase the tripod Mike mentioned.
I have the non motorized version. It works great.
$17 at the Fishin Hole

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 01-31-2008, 06:59 PM

How does it work
Old 01-31-2008, 07:01 PM

There's a few items out on the market to alleviate this problem. Mo-Pod which runs on 12 volt or 6 Batteries. It has a Remote which can re-direct the Camera into position if it moves. There is another model that is not motorized and much cheaper. Motorized about $125.00 vs $20.00. Downfall to these are that Cold Weather can make the Plastic brittle.
There is a new one out by Marcum (can't remember the name) but it looks like the lid off a 5-Gallon Pail. Cable sits in the middle and you manually turn the lids to desired position. I made a home made job with an old 5 Gallon Pail lid. Screwed on a piece of dense Foam. Drill out a small hole for the Cable to fit. Cut the lid and foam so that the Cable can slide into towards the middle and hold. To secure the Cable, screwed on a Boat Cleat. The Cable can be wound on it without damaging it. Camera holds but again got to set it up into position. Cost was about $10.00
If you tried the Camera on a Downview? I set the Cam on downview mode about 3 ft off bottom. Now it covers area around the Lure.
Downfall to that is sometimes the fish will get wrapped around the Cable when coming up...
Hope this helps
Old 01-31-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon View Post
How does it work
From the Aqua Vu website
Ice Pod
The Ice Pod allows you to rotate your Aqua-Vu underwater camera while ice fishing. Simply place the camera cable into the stopper, place in the slot on the Ice Pod tripod, and rotate the camera as necessary. A must for using Aqua-Vu on the ice!

Basicaly the cable is fed through the top. The rubber stopper grips the cable and allows you to turn it 360 degrees without twisting or getting kinked.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 01-31-2008, 07:32 PM

I have one as well and it rocks. If I am scouting out an area thought I will zip tie the tail to the cord so the camera points downwards. Then when I have found fish I simply cut the zip tie and leave it horizontal.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:32 AM

when you go to the fishin hole, buy a couple of the rubber bobber stoppers. you would think that they would make it to float in case you drop it in the hole but then you wouldnt spend as much money. by the way the rubber bobber stopper does work well.

wthby
Old 02-01-2008, 08:36 AM

Default Fsih tv

What I have done is gone to home depot and purchased a telescopic pole. Mine is 16 feet. Go to Wally world in the paint dept and they have a gizmo that you clamp a paintbrush to the screws onto the end of the pole. Amazingly the paint brush holder screw holes lines up exactly with the ones on the fish fins of the camera. Mount it on to the holder then put it on the pole and voila. We have a small pice of plywood with a hole cut out to run the pole thru and clamp it so it stays at the right level and direction. Works great. If you want a pic email me and I can send you one.