Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2018, 08:26 AM

^^^ Creepy story.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Thought I saw a restless sasquatch trying to sun himself in the middle of a mountain clearing once but when I got closer I realized it was a couple in a brown sleeping bag doing the beast with two backs.
Sorry, that was me and the missus.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:06 AM

Not supernatural...

But while Elk and Moose hunting(sometimes with a bow) I was once surrounded by Wolf Pack all howling....good thing my atv was close by because once I started it they knew I wasn't a Moose. This was on a bow hunt.....just before dark.

Another time I had a line animal coming through the bush after dark as I was walking back to bike. I moose called and it started running toward me. It wasn't a Bear.....I am guessing a Cougar or lone wolf. I ran down to the atv and was lucky I made it there....never did see it.

Another time a I was Elk calling and a Sow with 3 cubs walked right in on me? She immediately wooded and trees the cubs. She was 25 yards away snapping snarling and swatting trees. I had my 7mm pointed at her.... thankfully she let me slowly retreat and never saw her again.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Probably burying a body (or scouting for a place to).

That would be freaky.
Or a grow show
Old 03-19-2018, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I was like maybe 7 or 8 years old. We went to some sort of function (picnic or day trip) with about, I'd say, like another 30-40 families in this mixed prairie parkland kind of thing.

There were a couple small (maybe acre or two) wooded areas where we kids were running around and playing.

I was tearing through the woods going down a path and almost ran into a lady who was in full squat passing a poo right in the middle of the path. Full brakes ...... almost fell over her ..... and ..... there I was virtually standing right on top her as I watch the rest of the poo drop to the ground. If I had been a foot closer she would have dropped it right on my toes.

I was stunned ..... She was surprised (and probably embarrassed). We just looked at each other for a minute not sure what to do. So .... I said "Hello" ..... the lady said "Hi" back and I promptly turned and ran back the way I came.

I made sure to steer away from that fresh landmine as my literal proximity to the offending poop, in some way, may associate me with this poo.

It was literally years and years before I ever told that story - not sure I was traumatised, embarrassed or what .... but I still laugh to this day when thinking about how freaking silly that "pleasant exchange" of greetings was.
Wow, another gem, still not as good as the Boone and crocket you encountered ice fishing, that story was pure genius!
Old 03-19-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 mag View Post

... I had a line animal coming through the bush after dark as I was walking back to bike. I moose called and it started running toward me. It wasn't a Bear.....I am guessing a Cougar or lone wolf. I ran down to the atv and was lucky I made it there....never did see it...
Of the many wolves I've had sneak in on me,
I can't recall any noise on their approach.

Why did you not suppose the noise to be a moose,
what with it's response to your call?
Old 03-19-2018, 11:08 AM

I grew up with a friend in school who's house was like the house you see on TV where you just walk in the door grab a drink out of the fridge and sit on the couch and watch a movie without anyone even noticing you are there, kind of a giant family. His dad was a religious man, went to church and played guitar on Sunday's. He had crosses on the wall, pictures and statues of Jesus everywhere. Strange stuff used to happen in that house that we used to shrug off. I remember having my buddy tell me he was headed over there and wouldn't be long and a little while after that I heard footsteps upstairs around the time he said he would be there and eventually no one comes downstairs. So I go to see who it was, no one. Whatever, shrug it off someone forgot something and left. The lights used to flicker in this place as well, almost in a pattern, the whole house wouldn't flicker at the same time like a power surge just different areas of the house. Whatever, electrical problems. I was in the kitchen grabbing some food and the Cross in the dining area fell off the wall, I didn't know what the loud bang was so I went to investigate and when I saw the cross laying there the hair on my neck stood up. I tell my buddy how creepy it was and he tells me the same thing happened to him. Whatever, take it down so it cant fall down, his dad didn't like that nor did he like the explanation of why we did it. His cousin lived there and his room was in the basement and we had an air mattress on the floor that we would crash on so one night I wake up to him telling me nicely to quit screwing around and pulling the covers off his bed but I am on the opposite side of the room. This happens a couple more random nights and finally everyone is getting weirded out after adding up all the stories. I wasn't there the day it happened but his dad told us the story. He had a statue of Jesus by the window and the sun was shining in casting a shadow of it on the wall but the shadow was making some sort of devil like creature he said and after listening and experiencing the stuff in that house he had had enough. I believe he had a priest come over and do the holy water thing. In my mind I have an explanation for everything that went on in that house, but whatever was happening in that place fixed itself that day.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5swedeforelk View Post
Of the many wolves I've had sneak in on me,
I can't recall any noise on their approach.

Why did you not suppose the noise to be a moose,
what with it's response to your call?
It wasn't popping any brush.....just footsteps....not heavy footsteps but it was dead still out.

Definitely not a Moose....and pretty sure too quiet for a Bear(although they are quiet).

I wasn't sticking around to find out carrying only a bow....10 minutes after dark.

It never called like a Bull.

Close to dark on evening hunt.... Bull will usually be glucking or grunting.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:12 PM

haha I got so caught up in the creepy stories that I just started typing, mine had nothing to do with the woods, whoops. lets just say he lived in the woods to make it relevant
Old 03-19-2018, 06:38 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller View Post
Wendigo
Shhhhh.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...