Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Octane~ View Post
lol. Well not many consider all points instead of jumping on the bandwagon when things go downhill for a bit I guess

This isn't a joke guys, its not something to get the guys stoked about the rest of the season. Katz was listining to the show and wanted to put all rumors to rest. Him and Stauffer know eachother quite well. He has always supported KLowe and MacT and said they are the guys for the job. This is the right call by management IMO...MacT is the right guy for the job to teach the young guys. Anyway, I called it
Ill smile with you , but they need to get rid of Hemsky , instead of building a '' TEAM '' around one guy crap doesn't cut it for me . He is such an underachiever , he works when hes barked at the rest of the time hes just mediocre I don't think he is happy here . Ship him out on the first train out of town , bring in one or two more experienced guys .
Old 04-02-2009, 08:57 PM

You can put it in the win column!!Flames win..woo hoo!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:58 PM

"And you can put it in the win column!" Flames clinch playoff spot, yee haw! Gonna go watch the oilers self destructing now...
Old 04-02-2009, 09:27 PM

What a crazy game the Nucks and Ducks are having...reminds me of the 7-6 win the canucks had earlier in the year in a shootout against them! Nutsssssssssssss game!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 PM

The Nuck's appear to be playin loosey goosey whith Duck's tonight, "GO DUCKS GO"......
Old 04-02-2009, 10:08 PM

That's it for the Oilers, should be an interesting off season. Time to cheer for my second favorite team...LET'S GO FLAMES!!!!!!!!!

Deano
Old 04-02-2009, 10:23 PM

Who do you cheer for when the flames go out in the first round.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarisnut View Post
Who do you cheer for when the flames go out in the first round.
Who do you cheer for period ?
Old 04-02-2009, 10:31 PM

The Oilers and yes I know that they are going golfing in about 2 weeks but I just can't bring my self to cheer for the Flames. The Oil playe good in the second and third for a change
Old 04-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Banned

WOW did anyone just watch Lowe's press conference addressing the MacT is staying txt!? Holy *****...couldn't have said it better myself. Katz on his way to the game when he heard all the bashing about MacT on the pregame....pretty much said enough is enough and i'm setting the record straight. Katz was baffled at how were in a thick playoff race with 5 games left, and firing the coach is the only thing thick across the airwaves, so was Lowe, and so am I. My whole point of Edmonton fans jumping the gun is really coming to light. Its sad, but its true. MacT isn't the problem, the whole team had a brutal year (except a select few) and there will be some major changes in the offseason, by that I mean our players, lots of changes with our vets. Seems to me like this whole fire the coach thing is distracting the players, and thats why we wont make the playoffs. Hense in MacT's interview, he wont comment on it because he feels its sucking the life out of the team as well. Guess you could say all the negative minded, stubborn, off with the head style of some Oiler fans is what did the team in this year. Very sad really.

Great game tonight too btw, sure gave a great effort. Sometimes you just cant beat the best team in the NHL though.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Ill smile with you , but they need to get rid of Hemsky , instead of building a '' TEAM '' around one guy crap doesn't cut it for me . He is such an underachiever , he works when hes barked at the rest of the time hes just mediocre I don't think he is happy here . Ship him out on the first train out of town , bring in one or two more experienced guys .
I agree, used to love the guy but man, its not the Edmonton Hemmer's its the Edmonton Oilers. Its not his team. I'm ok if management builds the team around a solid superstar like Ovechkin or the like....but hemsky? Building the team around such a young guy that isn't at all defensively sound isn't the right move. Things will change, Hemmer could very well be gone and quite frankly, after his comments I have no problems with that. Too bad, he has so much potential but to make comments like you want the team to do what you want is pretty damn greedy. If he's a real star he would edit his game, get better defensively, and the coach would be more than happy to use him in more situations.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:46 PM

Default Lowe did not say MacStupid was staying

He was asked if there was room elsewhere in the org for MacDumb and he said we should ask Katz after the season is done. The season is done-Dear Daryl-do you have another spot for MacBlender? I heard Joey Moss is thinking of leaving if Craig stays. Find it hard to cheer for Calgary but they have two Sutters, Iggy, and Keenan. We have a bunch of retired players who have disgraced the Oil
Old 04-02-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
WOW did anyone just watch Lowe's press conference addressing the MacT is staying txt!? Holy *****...couldn't have said it better myself. Katz on his way to the game when he heard all the bashing about MacT on the pregame....pretty much said enough is enough and i'm setting the record straight. Katz was baffled at how were in a thick playoff race with 5 games left, and firing the coach is the only thing thick across the airwaves, so was Lowe, and so am I. My whole point of Edmonton fans jumping the gun is really coming to light. Its sad, but its true. MacT isn't the problem, the whole team had a brutal year (except a select few) and there will be some major changes in the offseason, by that I mean our players, lots of changes with our vets. Seems to me like this whole fire the coach thing is distracting the players, and thats why we wont make the playoffs. Hense in MacT's interview, he wont comment on it because he feels its sucking the life out of the team as well. Guess you could say all the negative minded, stubborn, off with the head style of some Oiler fans is what did the team in this year. Very sad really.

Great game tonight too btw, sure gave a great effort. Sometimes you just cant beat the best team in the NHL though.
lmao Could not have said it better yourself??? All i heard from Lowe was he's an Emotional guy over and over....

I could talk about how all 4 teams I was cheering for won,or how the Flames Cliched a playoff berth once again but whats the point....this says it all>>>>>

>>>>>

DIV GP W L OT Pts GF GA Home Away L10 Streak
1 y - San Jose Sharks PAC 77 51 15 11 113 247 189 31-3-4 20-12-7 7-2-1 Won 3
2 y - Detroit Red Wings CEN 77 49 19 9 107 283 230 26-8-4 23-11-5 5-4-1 Lost 3
3 x - Calgary Flames NW 77 44 27 6 94 244 233 25-10-4 19-17-2 5-5-0 Won 1
4 x - Vancouver Canucks NW 76 42 25 10 94 231 204 22-11-5 20-14-5 7-2-1 Won 3
5 Chicago Blackhawks CEN 76 41 24 11 93 246 207 22-9-7 19-15-4 4-4-2 Won 1
6 Columbus Blue Jackets CEN 77 40 29 8 88 214 212 25-12-2 15-17-6 6-2-2 Won 1
7 St Louis Blues CEN 78 38 31 9 85 220 226 22-13-5 16-18-4 7-2-1 Won 1
8 Anaheim Ducks PAC 77 40 32 6 86224 220 19-17-3 21-15-3 8-2-0 Won 2

9 Nashville Predators CEN 77 38 31 8 84 197 211 23-12-4 15-19-4 5-2-3 Lost 1
10 Minnesota Wild NW 77 36 32 9 81 196 189 20-11-7 16-21-2 4-4-2 Lost 1
11 Edmonton Oilers NW 78 36 33 9 81 222 238 16-16-6 20-17-3 4-6-0 Lost 3
12 Dallas Stars PAC 78 34 34 10 78 218 244 19-16-5 15-18-5 2-6-2 Lost 1
13 Phoenix Coyotes PAC 78 34 37 7 75 197 236 22-14-3 12-23-4 6-3-1 Won 3
14 Los Angeles Kings PAC 77 31 35 11 73 194 224 16-15-8 15-20-3 2-6-2 Lost 3
15 Colorado Avalanche NW 77 31 44 2 64 193 250 18-20-0 13-24-2 2-7-1 Lost
Old 04-02-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
WOW what a game tonight!!!! 8-1 over the avs. Gag's with a hat trick! Kotalik on fire. Nielson producing. Roli fabulous as usual. Get ready for a nice playoff run Oiler fans!! Sign MacT for at least another year lol.
Heck sign Mac Teet up for another 5 year's, he has earned it right ?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:56 PM

~Octane~, you have no idea how teams/organizations function in real life. Just 'cause ya gots 5 years of ringette under your belt and spend 16 hours a day following the Oil, doesn't make you an expert. If you are not currently cashing a paycheque from their media releations department, then you should be.

Seriously dude. Are you satisfied as a fan? Seriously. I'm not. Develop, develop, develop. Then once the player starts to get decent they make a brutal trade to start developing again. Farm system sucks because the drafting has sucked! I aspire to lose out consistanly in the first round like the Flames do and will.

The 'old boys club' must be nuked. It's not working. Take your blinders off, as attitudes like yours only prolong the mediocrety. The coach has lost the team. Period. What are you gonna do? Trade the whole team? Give your head a shake.....your eyeballs are stuck. Blind azz rah-rah fans really pizz me off! Go find another bandwagon..........

Tree
Old 04-03-2009, 12:42 AM

Just throwing this out there...love being a Canucks fan lol
Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
Just throwing this out there...love being a Canucks fan lol
Until the earthquake!

Tree
Old 04-03-2009, 01:41 AM

LOL ya...then i think the coast in its entirety will not be too thrilled :P Eitherway....I am happy with clinching tonight, and usually would be ****ed after a loss like that, but am not because I am still very confident in my Canucks and know they will pass the flames for the NW title!
Old 04-03-2009, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
LOL ya...then i think the coast in its entirety will not be too thrilled :P Eitherway....I am happy with clinching tonight, and usually would be ****ed after a loss like that, but am not because I am still very confident in my Canucks and know they will pass the flames for the NW title!
Well I'm glad that you feel all warm and fuzzy about your Nuck's, I think the April 7 th game will decide who get's first and we already know what's on the line there so good luck the rest of the way.. GO FLAMES and lay a smack down on them Nuck's next week...
Old 04-03-2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
~Octane~, you have no idea how teams/organizations function in real life. Just 'cause ya gots 5 years of ringette under your belt and spend 16 hours a day following the Oil, doesn't make you an expert. If you are not currently cashing a paycheque from their media releations department, then you should be.

Seriously dude. Are you satisfied as a fan? Seriously. I'm not. Develop, develop, develop. Then once the player starts to get decent they make a brutal trade to start developing again. Farm system sucks because the drafting has sucked! I aspire to lose out consistanly in the first round like the Flames do and will.

The 'old boys club' must be nuked. It's not working. Take your blinders off, as attitudes like yours only prolong the mediocrety. The coach has lost the team. Period. What are you gonna do? Trade the whole team? Give your head a shake.....your eyeballs are stuck. Blind azz rah-rah fans really pizz me off! Go find another bandwagon..........

Tree
WOW TREE......ummmmmmmmmmm..........How do I, or any Oil fan add to that???? Pretty much sums up exactly how I feel as well.Well said my friend, well said....

BH

Old 04-03-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
...My whole point of Edmonton fans jumping the gun is really coming to light. Its sad, but its true. MacT isn't the problem, the whole team had a brutal year (except a select few) and there will be some major changes in the offseason, by that I mean our players, lots of changes with our vets. Seems to me like this whole fire the coach thing is distracting the players, and thats why we wont make the playoffs. Hense in MacT's interview, he wont comment on it because he feels its sucking the life out of the team as well. Guess you could say all the negative minded, stubborn, off with the head style of some Oiler fans is what did the team in this year. Very sad really.

So, you are saying its the fans fault for being sick and tired of underachieving and wanting to see a change that the Oiler a going to miss the playoffs?? What the fans fault? Now I have heard it all!

the old boys club is not getting it done, that dog dont hunt, time for a change and you cant trade every player, I say let Tambellini put in the staff he wants and see what happens!

It sure will be nice to see the season capped off by the Oilers beating the Flames twice, I will cling to that and it will keep me warm and happy until training camp next year!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:

how long are you allowed to fail at your job and not expect to be replaced?....don't get me wrong..i do not think it is 100% mact's fault....i think there are a whole wack of players that need to go...in fact right now the only oiler i am proud of is roli....other than that they are all mailing it in imho.....

the house needs to be cleaned, badly. and sometimes that means stripping it down to bare walls and repainting. living off the fumes of a great cup run has lead us nowhere and we are still heading in that direction.

as a die hard oilers fan it is hard to see this happen, but i am hoping (as i did last season) that it sparks change..but if all it does is move mact up stairs and allow another "former oiler" behind the bench...then i am not sure that will answer our problems...although i would give messier a chance behind the bench, but that isn't going to happen.

as an alberta boy..and a spouse to a flames fan...i will not enthusiasticaly cheer for them...but if it can't be the oilers..at least it might be an alberta team. for me it goes oilers, alberta, western canada, canada then who cares after that hahaha....
Old 04-03-2009, 10:39 AM

I would rather put fire ants on my eyeballs than cheer for the Lames. Besides the Oil arent out of it so if I alone have to keep the faith so be it. They played well last nite, no passengers and lots of chances. A good game to build on.

GO OIL
Old 04-03-2009, 10:51 AM

very true, they did play well last night....far more organized in the last games than most...however..i think the odds are stacked too high. don't get me wrong though..i have not given up...right now i sit at work in my retro blue and orange oilers shirt..loud and proud.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:

Our vets are the ones that can play MacT's defensive style and do not have a problem with it. The young offensively talented players are the ones that do not like to play his system. A more wide open system would only benefit Gagner, Nillson, Cogliano, O'sullivan and even Eberle and Brule. These guys have all come from offensive systems and were very successful in those systems. Keep in mind earlier this year MacT said that Hemsky was an all world level player and a perennial all star. I think in order to be successful with MacT you need to reverse your theory, keep the vets and loose the kids. Playing in this current system will not benefit the young guys in any way, they need to play in an offensive system. If Hemsky left the Oil we would not have one single legitimate first line player up front. I am not saying what will happen with the team in the future but I do know something needs to happen. They have 3 choices on what to do as I stated in an earlier post, now it sounds like they may be down to only 2.

Last edited by goober; 04-03-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Banned

Sounds like the Nucks are going to have a bit of a distraction.

Sad story really.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/9...crash?MSNHPHMA

Thats got to be tough for him and the team.

KANON... You just cheered the Flames on the other night.. Check my Signature.

Octane... I dont care WHAT the head guy has said.. Your coach is gone and he should be. He just said that to make his coach feel better for the remander of this nightmare.
BTW Octane.. Does you back hurt?? Cause ANYONE with their head stuck that far up their azz has to have a bad back...
Pull your head out and come see the light.. 8 years one playoff apperance. (Though it was a good one)

Clean it out and start over. The fans deserve much more than that

Please note I am saying this as a fan of hockey. Not a Flames fan. Though as a Flames fan I do get a chuckle out of the mess that is going on up there.

And as for that Hemsky guy.. HE MUST SHUT HIS MOUTH. You can be correct and not right at exactly the same time.
Jamie
Old 04-03-2009, 01:08 PM

Default Hey

Well here we go again the Flamer Fans come out and think just cause they made the playoffs they won the CUP, hate to break it to you guys but the Flamers are not winning s#*t!! And some people are mentioning to get rid of Hemsky?? How about Horcoff, Moreau, Pouliot, Statios???Did you guys know HORCOFF is making 7 million next year!!! We are in big trouble for next year! ...Dont think Hemmer was the problem, he did get 60+ points this year playing with no body basically. The biggest change we will see next year I think will be Souray?? He looked totally unhappy and for some reason why is he not wearing an "A" anymore????Something fishy?? Souray last game this season with the OIL will be his last?? Anyways FLAMER Fans you guys made it, but like I said you aint winning s#*t!!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
8 years one playoff apperance.
Actually it has been 3 trips to the post season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
Well here we go again the Flamer Fans come out and think just cause they made the playoffs they won the CUP, hate to break it to you guys but the Flamers are not winning s#*t!! And some people are mentioning to get rid of Hemsky?? How about Horcoff, Moreau, Pouliot, Statios???Did you guys know HORCOFF is making 7 million next year!!! We are in big trouble for next year! ...Dont think Hemmer was the problem, he did get 60+ points this year playing with no body basically. The biggest change we will see next year I think will be Souray?? He looked totally unhappy and for some reason why is he not wearing an "A" anymore????Something fishy?? Souray last game this season with the OIL will be his last?? Anyways FLAMER Fans you guys made it, but like I said you aint winning s#*t!!!!
Souray was wearing the "A" in Anaheim on Friday. You are aware that he only wears a letter for road games right?
Old 04-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Actually it has been 3 trips to the post season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your right.. I was wrong.

As for my Flames.. Sure I know we have issues.. But they are not calling for Mikes head. Lets see if they can pull it all together for a deep run into the playoffs. They can beat SJ, They can beat Detroit. I think (and this is without looking into it) We have beaten
THEY HAVE A CHANCE!! More than I can say about the Oils.

Hey if you guys want to keep MacT on as a coach.. Go ahead. Its one less team we have to battle for a playoff spot. No skin off of our noses.. And we get to make fun of you year round

Jamie