Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-07-2020, 01:25 AM
AO Sponsor

Default June/July DISCOUNTED Salmon Fishing Trip

Hey guys,

Have two discounted June dates and one in July to come out fishing this summer, 20% off June dates and big discount on July date as well. Love to have you guys out, our two provinces are doing pretty darn good against this virus right now and we will be excited to start the season come June 3rd this year, fishing projections look to be just as good as last year and that was a darn good fishing year.

Throw me a PM if you have any questions!

Love to have you guys out this summer, and proud to sponsor the forum,

David Jr
Serengeti Fishing Charters
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 04-26-2020, 02:58 PM
AO Sponsor

We have a very limited amount of June dates open for this season at a 30% discount due to cancellations etc...this means trips for as little as $1925 CDN! This is honestly a once in a time opportunity as we are always sold out and maybe have one cancellation a season, this literally NEVER happens...obviously times are different now but if you ever want do come out for a trip on the best possible price, this is the only season you will see them at this! Let me know if some June dates may interest you. We also have two July dates at not as big of a discount (but also slightly discounted) as well!!! June and July are literally Chinook (king) after Chinook non stop action. Halibut, rockfish and lingcod are great fishing all season. We also have a single looking for a group of 1 or 2 to join them. If you're interested let me know!

Our covid situation in BC is doing extremely well. We are only averaging 20-25 new cases a day in the whole province!!! This is still months away from the season....and we are going above and beyond to make sure every single guest is safe. We have masks for every guest should they want them, as well as gloves, hand sanitizer, and are doing multiple sittings for dinner to ensure social distancing is occurring. Safety is our number one priority for our guests and staff.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, I can't wait to have you all out fishing and pilling up fish in the boat! The amount of fish out there is going to be higher than ever, combined with our literally best ever guide team and very few boats out there, this is a season you will NOT want to miss.

Hope to see you out here this summer

Old 05-07-2020, 11:50 PM
AO Sponsor

Sold a few but still have June 9-11, 17-19, and 20-22 open for a some groups! Less boats on the water, a delayed commercial fishery, many lodges not opening at all in 2020, all mean a banner year for Chinook fishing! Not to mention weak market for halibut and lingcod and the commercial guys aren't really fishing hard at all, not that they fish much in our area anyway!

All June dates below!

Old 05-08-2020, 05:33 AM

How many days fishing for $1925.
What is all included.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:27 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
How many days fishing for $1925.
What is all included.
Meals, accommodations, tackle, fully guided on 28-31ft boats, non alcoholic beverages etc. Only things not included are booze (some of you boys would run us dry ), fishing license ($20), and custom processing of the fish at Hardy Buoys.

Old 05-08-2020, 02:48 PM

How accepting are people from that area going to be from people travelling from another province?
I have heard lots of negative comments and don’t want to be a victim of vandalism as a result of making the trip.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_doornenbal View Post
How accepting are people from that area going to be from people travelling from another province?
I have heard lots of negative comments and don’t want to be a victim of vandalism as a result of making the trip.
What a ridiculous post. If you really have to wonder and are concerned, probably best you do stay home.

What is the source of "lots of negative comments"? Facebook
Old 05-08-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
What a ridiculous post. If you really have to wonder and are concerned, probably best you do stay home.

Direct from the mayors of many small communities that post updates. If things in fact do open in June I’d love to head out to BC but some communities seem more open to travel than others.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:34 PM

Links/URLs or it didn't happen

Even with "proof", I know I'm headed to BC. Have you ever been to Port Hardy?
Old 05-08-2020, 03:39 PM

Default June/July DISCOUNTED Salmon Fishing Trip

Quote:

No I haven’t been to Port Hardy which is why I asked the question about the community.

I’ll call the town this week to see what there response is.

Hopefully everyone can get out and enjoy the water.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:12 PM

How many days is this trip ?
Old 05-08-2020, 04:12 PM
AO Sponsor

You’re right SNAP, only place I’ve heard of any of that even occurring is prince Rupert. And fairly isolated incident I believe. Port Hardy has not had any issues and will not I’m sure. Have a great relationship with our FN up here as well and they have blocked off access to their reserves but that is all. Few bad apples in one place hopefully isn’t painting all of B.C. with the same brush (similar to the city folk being anti pipeline while many in BC want it to be expanded)

So long story short, no not worried about any of that.

Old 05-08-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:

I don’t think the comment is ridiculous all. Ridiculous would be thinking an Alberta plate would be welcome in a matter of only a few weeks and you are just showing how naive and out of touch with reality you are. Maybe come July if Covid numbers don’t spike right away it would be a different story, but I doubt it.

Go on Hunting BC or Sportfishing BC and you would see no end of comments that would support the fact that people traveling from any distance would not be welcome at the present moment. If I thought things would be different I’d be all over heading out for a few days fishing with Serengeti. Great guides in one of if not the best place to fish Chinook on the coast the last few years. It’s a deal and a half at this price but don’t fool yourself into thinking most locals will be happy to see you.

Oh, and I spent the first 40 years of my life living on the Island and fishing every corner of it north of Bamfield. With all my family and a lot of friends still living just down the highway in Campbell River not all my info comes from forums...or Facebook.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:35 PM

I don’t know how Port Hardy is and I found it a welcoming town in the past when I fished or bear hunted there but right now the stories of vandalism in parts of BC are true. It’s not just Alberta plates it’s also people from BC who have experienced vandalism from traveling to smaller areas

I just recently moved back to Alberta from BC still have lots of friends and family there. So people in some communities are acting like idiots

It’s a fair question to be asking sadly
Old 05-08-2020, 04:37 PM
AO Sponsor

I think it depends where you are in fairness. Haida Gwaii compared to nanaimo or even port hardy is different. Bella Bella definitely won’t be welcome but again that’s due to the heiltsuk nation. Sunshine Coast as well. Honestly port hardy is connected by highway . Much different scenario. Like I said don’t think you can blanket every place the same. On top of that aren’t right in town either. To imply vandalism would happen, no way. Maybe a frown here or there though but sure most people’s feelings can handle that

That’s my honest to goodness belief. Not just trying to sell.

Old 05-08-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
I think it depends where you are in fairness. Haida Gwaii compared to nanaimo or even port hardy is different. Bella Bella definitely won’t be welcome but again that’s due to the heiltsuk nation. Sunshine Coast as well. Honestly port hardy is connected by highway . Much different scenario. Like I said don’t think you can blanket every place the same. On top of that aren’t right in town either. To imply vandalism would happen, no way. Maybe a frown here or there though but sure most people’s feelings can handle that

That’s my honest to goodness belief. Not just trying to sell.
You would know what is going on more than us and like I said I found the people in Hardy really welcoming in the past

I believe every community in BC is different so can’t judge them all the same. I just thought his question was fair to ask is all

Good luck with your season
Old 05-08-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:

Alberta outdoorsman forum pictures and everything a month ago.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=379252
There was another thread going the same time just can’t find it.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:04 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMX View Post

Prince Rupert.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:

What a complete waste of time thread. The only post on that thread that made any sense:

Quote:
Good Lord, what a thread to start the week off with
Most of the rest bashing BC is embarrassing to read for a born and raised Albertan.

How about we forget the dumb questions and misdirection and leave this thread to those that might actually be interested in a smoking deal on a fishing trip. Everything else is just bad chatter.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
Prince Rupert.
Yes sir the rest of the island sounds like all they want to do is stay away from people and get out fishing.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
What a complete waste of time thread. The only post on that thread that made any sense:

Most of the rest bashing BC is embarrassing to read for a born and raised Albertan.

How about we forget the dumb questions and misdirection and leave this thread to those that might actually be interested in a smoking deal on a fishing trip. Everything else is just bad chatter.
I didn’t ask for information you did I’m not about bashing people and trying to make my ego larger than the rest. I’m not sure if the truck that got vandalized was in that thread sorry.

Great deal on fishing put up by Dave hope he fills his boat with good people and big fish.
Cheers Dave
Old 05-08-2020, 09:14 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
I didn’t ask for information you did I’m not about bashing people and trying to make my ego larger than the rest. I’m not sure if the truck that got vandalized was in that thread sorry.

Great deal on fishing put up by Dave hope he fills his boat with good people and big fish.
Cheers Dave

Thanks bud ! Obviously a one off year and never had to do this stuff before but that’s the “new normal”. Less boats, delayed commercial fishery, should be a great year. Love to have any of ya up and have a lot of fun while getting our mind off things on the water ! With that being said masks gloves etc we ordered em all to be safe ! I can only hope all outfits on the coast do ok this year and survive. Worried that won’t be the case though. And like I’ve said. Don’t brush BC with one brush. Many, including us, support trans mountain and Alberta oil.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:55 PM

Good luck in the upcoming season Dave, I hope you all the best. With any luck Covid numbers keep going the way they are and you guys can manage to fill the boat with customers as I’m sure filling it with fish won’t be an issue for you. Hardy is one of my favourite spots on the coast to fish and one of the last spots you truly have a good chance to land a Tyee every trip out. With my dad selling his Whaler last year I’m sure I’ll be booking a trip with you in the future. Cheers.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:57 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Good luck in the upcoming season Dave, I hope you all the best. With any luck Covid numbers keep going the way they are and you guys can manage to fill the boat with customers as I’m sure filling it with fish won’t be an issue for you. Hardy is one of my favourite spots on the coast to fish and one of the last spots you truly have a good chance to land a Tyee every trip out. With my dad selling his Whaler last year I’m sure I’ll be booking a trip with you in the future. Cheers.
Thanks bud ! Wish you and your family to have a great summer and to be safe and healthy!

Old 05-09-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:

Umm....Been to BC lately? It is a bit intense. A buddy of mine works in northern AB but lives in Vernon, he told me two friends of his (with AB plates) had there trucks smashed up. It is a fair question. As well, Horgan has talked openly about not allowing any out of province plates on the ferry and the Kootenays have asked for the border to be closed. I have a place in BC and it is real - this isnt fake. Haidi Gwai is closed (Langara has a couple of lodges closed for 2020 already, and the pressure is on for a complte shutdown) - Peregrine Lodge confirmed yesterday they will have no season, but QCL still claiming they will go ahead!

My hopes this all starts to settle down and then we can take up Dave on his spots. Dave, has the govenement set out any rules for the lodges on how many people per boat, and are you allowed to run the lodge at full occupancy? I have contacted you about a possible salmon trip, jus still waiting on some government clarity that Albertans are welcome to the island (we are always welcome, but right now I don't know if it is considered essential travel).
Old 05-10-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spopadyn View Post
Umm....Been to BC lately? It is a bit intense. A buddy of mine works in northern AB but lives in Vernon, he told me two friends of his (with AB plates) had there trucks smashed up. It is a fair question. As well, Horgan has talked openly about not allowing any out of province plates on the ferry and the Kootenays have asked for the border to be closed. I have a place in BC and it is real - this isnt fake. Haidi Gwai is closed (Langara has a couple of lodges closed for 2020 already, and the pressure is on for a complte shutdown) - Peregrine Lodge confirmed yesterday they will have no season, but QCL still claiming they will go ahead!
Understood and appreciated. That said, back to the original comment I made, if you have any doubt, don't go. There is nothing David can control in this with regards to potential vandalism. And, I'm sure Port Hardy is a fine destination even now and even before in early Covid. I talked to my outfitter on Friday and he filled me on ferries, travel and Port Hardy. So I have some inside knowledge. I'm not going until July and hopefully things are a bit better...never know of course, thanks can change. And I stand by my comment on that link provided - mostly useless crap. The original poster also never posted any of his supposed sources. Keep the topic back on the trip. And I hope they sell out too
Old 05-18-2020, 08:54 AM

Catching Tyee like this in June no less is what would convince me to go with Serengeti. Not my fish, just a couple from the many pics on their site. Beauty Springs for early August but not many places on the coast you can get them like this in June. It takes a real fish to make a 37 pounder look small. That 64 is a Hog!!

FYI, I grew up fishing Nootka in its hay-day and at one time it was nothing to land half a dozen fish over 30 in a day. We caught and release probably a couple hundred Tyee over the years there but not one over 50lbs. Every fish to my boat over 50 has been from Hardy up to River's Inlet. I haven't landed a true weighed Tyee in Nootka now for many years and some of the lodges may only get one or two a season, and even then they are offshore fish that could be going anywhere and not necessarily Nootka fish.

If you are going to spend the money Port Hardy is where it is at for sure.

Last edited by Positrac; 05-18-2020 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:07 AM
AO Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words! Been out the last two days, limited out on Chinook on Saturday in a couple hours (most in 10-12 range and a 15lb which is normal for May). Then yesterday we limited out on Lingcod, Rockfish, released a 141 LB halibut and kept two 30's. But the highlight of the day was catching a 32 LB TYEE...May 17th!! Hopefully a sign of things to come. Went 4/6 in an hour on Chinook. Will post pics!