Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Banned

Default Today's Budget

Well finally we'll get to hear roughly how much of a deficit we will be taking on today. Should be interesting how the budget will balance itself
Old 03-22-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinnordegg View Post
Well finally we'll get to hear roughly how much of a deficit we will be taking on today. Should be interesting how the budget will balance itself
I wonder if they budgeted for the vaseline we'll all need for when they screw us royally.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:30 AM

Trudeau is going to out do Harper's worst year deficit of $33 billion in his first term while trying to buy a reputation on the world stage with tax dollars.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Trudeau is going to out do Harper's worst year deficit of $33 billion in his first term while trying to buy a reputation on the world stage with tax dollars.
I guess we'll find out what it will cost us to get him his Nobel Prize.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:46 AM

Sad thing is that this budget will be the min. he spends this year. Just wait as it will be much larger and he will be "we never saw any of this coming but it is for the better of Canada." Freaking clown.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoholik View Post
Sad thing is that this budget will be the min. he spends this year. Just wait as it will be much larger and he will be "we never saw any of this coming but it is for the better of Canada." Freaking clown.
As I have posted before, I really can't blame Turdeau, it's not really his fault that he is what he is. I still blame the morons that voted him in, but then again, most of them are as clueless as he is.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
You are looking at this all wrong, the people's liberal party requires that you call that deficit an Investment. So roughly how much investment will we be making comrade?

My guess is 35 Billion and I'm so happy that I can be part of this investment
Old 03-22-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Farmer View Post
You are looking at this all wrong, the people's liberal party requires that you call that deficit an Investment. So roughly how much investment will we be making comrade?

My guess is 35 Billion and I'm so happy that I can be part of this investment
When I make an investment, I do so expecting a return. With the type of investment you are referring to, you might as well burn your paper money, plant the ashes, and hope that they sprout a money tree.
The odds are about as good as with Turdeau's plan.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
When I make an investment, I do so expecting a return. With the type of investment you are referring to, you might as well burn your paper money, plant the ashes, and hope that they sprout a money tree.
The odds are about as good as with Turdeau's plan.
I agree with you 100%, the problem lies (intended) in the spin that the left will lap up..... "Do you remember how we invested 30 billion to ensure Canada was a great place, and do you remember how great everyone felt, jeez we liberals sure are better at this than those nasty Conservatives who wanted to punish people and not invest".
Old 03-22-2016, 02:27 PM

Well, Morneau says it is 29.4 billion with no balanced budgets in sight

I miss Steve .
Old 03-22-2016, 02:33 PM

This budget puts people first and delivers the help Canadians need right now,” Mr. Morneau told the House of Commons. “It is an essential step in a sustained and strategic effort to restore prosperity and optimism.”

Told ya.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle29335996/
Old 03-22-2016, 03:42 PM

great budget, I'm really impressed that they kept quite a few of their promises. the extension of EI and help to Veterans are great things. the 29.5 billion is only 1.5% of the GDP so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

great job Mr. Prime Minister.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs123 View Post
great budget, I'm really impressed that they kept quite a few of their promises. the extension of EI and help to Veterans are great things. the 29.5 billion is only 1.5% of the GDP so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

great job Mr. Prime Minister.
Thankfully with a whiz like Trudeau at the helm, we won't have to worry about 30 billion dollar deficits. The budget will balance it's self!
Old 03-22-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Trudeau has some work to do to beat Stephan Harpers Canadian record of 56 billion$$

Running big debts for 'economic stimulus' this trend isn't going away, it seems like the last 7 years have seen a lot of debt and borrowing.

Harper was brutal for borrowing and looks like Trudeau is continuing on the deficit spending frenzy in the name of 'economic stimulus' create make work jobs today paid for by your grand kids kids and future you and probably even taxes on aliens when we finally discover them,haha, some poor alien is going to pay for Harper and Trudeau's spending 50 years from now
Old 03-22-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
Trudeau has some work to do to beat Stephan Harpers Canadian record of 56 billion$$

Running big debts for 'economic stimulus' this trend isn't going away, it seems like the last 7 years have seen a lot of debt and borrowing.

Harper was brutal for borrowing and looks like Trudeau is continuing on the deficit spending frenzy in the name of 'economic stimulus' create make work jobs today paid for by your grand kids kids and future you and probably even taxes on aliens when we finally discover them,haha, some poor alien is going to pay for Harper and Trudeau's spending 50 years from now
It's convenient to forget that the vast bulk of Harper's deficit was incurred when he was in a minority government situation, and the Liberals & NDP wanted 'stimulus'.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
This budget puts people first and delivers the help Canadians need right now,” Mr. Morneau told the House of Commons. “It is an essential step in a sustained and strategic effort to restore prosperity and optimism.”

Told ya.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle29335996/
100,000 jobs
Which province gets the jobs?
Cause that only basically covers 1 province.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:

Love your ndp math. Minority government ring a bell???
Old 03-22-2016, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
100,000 jobs
Which province gets the jobs?
Cause that only basically covers 1 province.
I can think of a couple Provinces. They'll be done by the time they hit the Manitoba Border.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I can think of a couple Provinces. They'll be done by the time they hit the Manitoba Border.
That's optimistic, more likely done before they hit the outskirts of Ottawa.

Did anyone else notice the $675,000,000 for the CBC? "to provide better access to programs and services in the digital area.”
Old 03-22-2016, 04:49 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

your stories about the previous Gov't. are getting a little old....especially when you leave out some important parts. You and one other member here plus our current federal Gov't. are the only ones in Canada denying the fact also that the budget was balanced last year..
Old 03-22-2016, 05:01 PM
Banned

Default Well. A few others...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
your stories about the previous Gov't. are getting a little old....especially when you leave out some important parts. You and one other member here plus our current federal Gov't. are the only ones in Canada denying the fact also that the budget was balanced last year..
Often referred to as the vast and wide majority of voters.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
That's optimistic, more likely done before they hit the outskirts of Ottawa.

Did anyone else notice the $675,000,000 for the CBC? "to provide better access to programs and services in the digital area.”
CBC Radio, which in many northern areas is the only Radio a guy can get. Even going through southern BC, CBC Radio is the only thing you can get.

A central radio broadcaster is essential imo to any nation. specially one that is able to cover the entire nation.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 03-22-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:

Maybe they'll share it by the number of Liberal MP's elected per province? How many have we got in Alberta? Regardless, thankfully not many!
Old 03-22-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
CBC Radio, which in many northern areas is the only Radio a guy can get. Even going through southern BC, CBC Radio is the only thing you can get.

A central radio broadcaster is essential imo to any nation. specially one that is able to cover the entire nation.
Well you are entitled to your opinion and mine is the polar opposite of yours, quite frankly an obscene waste of money in this day and age.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:13 PM

I don't agree with no spending money on our military. We need new navy ships and subs, new airplanes (not the f35) and new vehicles.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Maybe they'll share it by the number of Liberal MP's elected per province? How many have we got in Alberta? Regardless, thankfully not many!
Unfortunately there were some elected in Alberta, we have our share of gullible people. Some of the posts on this thread are proof of this.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:37 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post

WOW. where are you? Even Bodo has sirius radio. and surprise it doesn't cost billions of taxpayers dollars.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 03-22-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAlbertan View Post
Often referred to as the vast and wide majority of voters.
39.5% of the voters selected the liberal party. The remaining 60.5% that you could call the vast and wide majority did not vote for that half witt.

Math is hard.....

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 03-22-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
39.5% of the voters selected the liberal party. The remaining 60.5% that you could call the vast and wide majority did not vote for that half witt.

Math is hard.....
Our last majority was elected with 39.7%

you could say the vast and wide majority of people did not vote for it as well.

in FPP you win some, you lose some.

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 03-22-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
WOW. where are you? Even Bodo has sirius radio. and surprise it doesn't cost billions of taxpayers dollars.
sirius is an expense I have done without for a great many years.