Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2011, 05:41 PM

Default Leaf Spring for Travel Trailer

Hi Guys N Gals,

Does anyone know where i might get some leaf springs for my travel trailer? I just changed a flat tire and noticed on of them is snapped. Looks simple enough to remove, how do i get the proper one? Im guessing i should change other side at the same time?

Thanks for your help,

JJ
Old 06-27-2011, 05:49 PM

Not sure where you at but Edmonton and calgary have standens, and that is place to go for anything axle, suspension or breaks for a trailer.

Nick
Old 06-27-2011, 05:49 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick0danger View Post
Not sure where you at but Edmonton and calgary have standens, and that is place to go for anything axle, suspension or breaks for a trailer.

Nick
x2
Old 06-27-2011, 06:18 PM

X3

All you need is the center to center hole measurement, width and number of leaves (or weight rating). Or bring in your good one. Consider all your sleeves, bolts and shackles also. Bolts are knurled and should not spin in the holes. All these parts are quite cheap.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjolg123 View Post
Hi Guys N Gals,

Does anyone know where i might get some leaf springs for my travel trailer? I just changed a flat tire and noticed on of them is snapped. Looks simple enough to remove, how do i get the proper one? Im guessing i should change other side at the same time?

Thanks for your help,

JJ
Take one out and take it to Princess Auto,they sell them for about 26.00. ea.Just make sure they are the same lenght and thickness with the same number of leaves.You may also have to replace the hanger and bolts if they are worn. also available at PA
Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 PM

Awesome, thanks for all the advice. Im gonna try P.A first as its closest to me.

Thanks again folks
Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 PM

I tried Princess Auto when I did mine. They didn't have the proper centre to centre. It must be exact. Try Standens or in Edmonton I used City Spring because I didn't know about Standens yet. I did all 4 on mine at the same time. Went fairly easy. Maybe a 7 out of 10 on difficulty scale. More you have to be careful than good. I had a 3 ton jack and jack stands.

I dont remember the grade of the bolts, either grade 8 or 10. Got from edmonton nut and bolt. Can't get at Can tire.

If I knew then what I know now I would go get it all from Standens. They are the cheapest and the best IMO