Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
I'm going to go with the official public report for now, instead of a random post on Facebook by someone who may not even be using their real name.
Lots of stuff hits FB sooner. Lack of vetting and unaccountability result in a percentage of misses.

Do we want it sooner, or surer?

Perhaps we don't need to choose. Perhaps it's safe to read, yet evaluate critically facebook posts. Accept what's plausible and low risk, and wait until items that are less plausible can be verified (or not).

Last edited by Peter Abelard; 11-07-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
That's a good thing they are home safe and sound.
Thank you for that. Lots of speculation and gossip amongst the community currently that the deceased suspect not act alone. Kids have loose lips. We shall see what transpires. Kids off again from school today...
Old 11-08-2018, 09:11 AM

Once the news is filtered so as not to offend anyone, we will be told what went down. In case you haven't noticed, the word terrorist is not used in Canada.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsesink View Post
He could have just shot it with a high-powered rifle. If you're willing to make a vehicle-borne improvised device you're probably willing to shoot a rifle.
Except the second one went off, and the guy was in hospital.

I know nothing about bombs, so I assume there was some detonator/timer?
Old 11-08-2018, 10:01 AM

Too bad he died, he could have been sent to a healing lodge in ontario and become a valued member of society.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Thank you for that. Lots of speculation and gossip amongst the community currently that the deceased suspect not act alone. Kids have loose lips. We shall see what transpires. Kids off again from school today...
If you see my post from page one, you can see some of the chatter going around.

I knew of the guy dying the day before the media let it be known, so I did not understand the delay.

Was at the Sherwood Park Chamber Meeting and the Mayor was actually due to speak. Spent all his time talking about the event and answering a few questions.

For what its worth, a guy (credible) just told me that he was listening to the scanner when it went down, a male suspect was shot. Female officer was on scene.

Tuesday night I was told already that a guy was shot, after the bomb went off.

The pieces don't fit right now. And I'm not a tin foil guy. But it was known Tuesday night the guy was shot or shot himself. Media waited till 3 yesterday to say anything. And I am not sure if they said how?

Mayor said they took their time delaying the release of info. Fair enough. But eventually with the chatter going around, they need to stop saying its all safe, until the put to bed a few rumors.

I get everything is hersay, I fully expect they authorities are acting in good faith.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:06 AM

CTV said the police were not involved in the shooting, He shot himself. Gun was recovered.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:52 AM

Two of my close buddies went to highschool with him and actually hung out with him a bit.

Both spoke candidly to me (and are the kind of guys who would tell it as it is if he was a weirdo) and said he was a totally normal guy. Both were absolutely shocked he did it.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Two of my close buddies went to highschool with him and actually hung out with him a bit.

Both spoke candidly to me (and are the kind of guys who would tell it as it is if he was a weirdo) and said he was a totally normal guy. Both were absolutely shocked he did it.
circumstance and people change, might be normal on the outside but wreck on the inside, all it take its something to trigger it . Either way only he knows now and its a XXXXX situation his family will have to deal with it now.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:05 PM

A friend of mine pointed out that his Facebook pic that was used in the media, showed him standing outside city hall where the bombing was. There was some serious planning. Glad he only hurt himself. Prayers for his family. Probably good folk.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post

Arlington Road, Edmonton style.