Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-01-2009, 06:15 PM

Default Blackett

Hey guys. Was just talking to a guy about Blackett lake out towards Pinehurst. He didn't have a lot of info to give me so looking for some help. Does anyone know the best way to get access to the lake. Never fished there so some general areas on the lake to start looking for fish would be greatly appreciated to. Don't need any secret spots, just which side of the lake to start on and depths if anyone cares to share some info.

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:23 PM

Best access is from the Pinehurst Lake road. Quad or sled in on the trail from the Blackett Lake staging area (pretty hard to miss).

http://gateway.cd.gov.ab.ca/pubsandm...nd-map-web.pdf
Old 12-02-2009, 08:49 PM

Thanks kreator. Is there anywhere close to where you get on the lake to fish or do you have travel a bit to get somewhere good. I know people don't like sharing spots, just wondering north, south, east, west. Appreciate if you can help out, if not, I understand.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:05 PM

What's the ice conditions up there? We are planning on going to spencer Sunday for the day and am concerned about the depth of ice.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:21 PM

Haven't heard anything yet. Trying to get some info on where to fish these lakes. I always head west and have been hearing about the lakes in the lakeland area so wanted to give it a go but don't know anything about these lakes.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:25 AM

Default Blackett

Eye hunter, we used to go up there quite a bit. Had some luck on the NW end of the lake.
We were up there last Feb on sleds, did a little fishing on Blackett and Kinnard. Caught a few small Walleye and Pike.
If you have the Garmin Map source program I can send you a map from the trip.

It's about 6 miles in from the staging area on the Pinehurst lake road that kreator mentioned to the lake.

Sparky, if it was me I think I would hold off another week or so hasn't been that cold up here.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
What's the ice conditions up there? We are planning on going to spencer Sunday for the day and am concerned about the depth of ice.
Most of the west basin of Lac La Biche was open water until yesterday. Really small lakes a little farther north are good to go (Mile 7 on the Old Conklin Road has 8 inches) but I wouldn't venture out on anything else for another week or two. I haven't been to Touchwood but it's usually the last lake around here to freeze up, so it may still have open water. Who knows, there may be more than the required 4 inches on Spencer, but I definitely wouldn't wanna be the first to try it out. The forecast is -30 overnight next week, should freeze things up nicely for the week after.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:21 PM

Spencer takes a while to freeze over too. . .there was a truck that went through last year (or maybe the year previous) in the early season. I would definitely wait a bit yet.

Cheers.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:22 PM

Rigg Dog, that would awesome if you could send the map. I would really appreciate it. I'm just trying to find some new lakes to fish in and other than the regular staples, Slave, Ste. Anne, Gull, stuff like that, I haven't ventured out to many other lakes. Any help would be great.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 AM

Eye hunter, tried sending you a PM. Can't do it maybe check your setting's.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:48 PM

Thumbs up

Rigg Dogg, just checked 'em out. Should be good. Please try again. Thanks