Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-13-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
And by the way,this was the night the Persiad Meteor shower was going,that`s why we walked a half mile to sit on a perfectly dark spot from our campsite.And that`s why nobody had a smoke going because we didn`t want to screw up a good photo of a meteor.I just took a pic of the father in law because he looked so happy.
Beer and baked beans maybe.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy62 View Post
again what kind off mushrooms were those
Chantrelle's are a very tasty cooking mushroom. How about we don't try and invalidate someone's experience especially something as tough as loosing your father.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBurger View Post
Chantrelle's are a very tasty cooking mushroom. How about we don't try and invalidate someone's experience especially something as tough as loosing your father.
X2
Old 04-13-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Nope.Really,does that look like lint or hair?Three pics in 30 seconds,first and last were clean,just John on a log.This one was an eye opener.And NO,it`s not photo shopped,otherwise I would be smart enough to post it myself.Thanks again K.
Breath?How cold was it that night?
(p.s. Fisherpeak,not trying to discredit you,just trying to weed out
all the elimination possibilities)

Last edited by tri777; 04-13-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
thanks
Old 04-13-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan 08 View Post
X2
and you.. thanks
Old 04-13-2013, 03:58 PM

No problem. This thread survived for seven pages with out anyone questioning anyone else's experiences, don't know why that should change now.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderheart View Post
thanks
August, maybe cooled down to + 25 ,that`s one of the reasons to hang out by the river.Hey,take it or leave it,I just am showing you what showed up on one photo out of 3,taken in 20 seconds ,just weird stuff.Everybody wants to see a photo of the unexplained............well here you go.I can`t explain it.Sorry Thunder,this was aimed at Tri.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:54 PM

Very cool photo Fisherpeak! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=Ken07AOVette;1928495]Quote:
There is no campfire, no cigarettes

I've seen pictures like this before. Your camera picked up something for sure.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
August, maybe cooled down to + 25 ,that`s one of the reasons to hang out by the river.Hey,take it or leave it,I just am showing you what showed up on one photo out of 3,taken in 20 seconds ,just weird stuff.Everybody wants to see a photo of the unexplained............well here you go.I can`t explain it.Sorry Thunder,this was aimed at Tri.
lol i wondered .. hehehe no worries friend
Old 04-13-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
from watching discovery channel and the like they say that Sasquatches make a loud knocking noise when moving about or looking for food ,,
Moose are known to knock on trees with there antlers, if it was a couple of months ago it could be possible. Pretty cool story.
Fisher that's also a cool pic, you say it was on other pics of the family as well but next time you used the camera it wasn't there? Be cool to get them analized, look real to me.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:34 PM

Bump for a great thread! Let's keep it going!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:19 PM

I have a second hand story. My father in law had bought some land that had an old house on it. He wanted to remove the house so he could farm the farm yard too. Bear in mind he had lived in the area for all his 40 years of life. One day when the wind was calm he pushed the house in on itself and set it on fire. He was standing back watching the fire and someone tapped his shoulder. Standing there was a old man he didn't know who spoke to him in Ukrainian saying,"you will be sorry someday" and walked away. My father in law went about tending the fire for a few minutes and looked around for the man but he was gone. He had no idea who he was where he came from or where he went.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
from watching discovery channel and the like they say that Sasquatches make a loud knocking noise when moving about or looking for food ,,
Lol, of course this is the first thing that came to mind, tho silly cause I don't believe in them... I like this theory the best tho:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemad
Moose are known to knock on trees with there antlers, if it was a couple of months ago it could be possible. Pretty cool story.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:00 AM

Cool tales and pics folks. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Kinda jogged the memory a bit, but here's a fun one.

We were camping a couple of years ago. Everyone went to bed early, leaving me in a comfy chair next to a warm fire on a clear night in the mountains with a cooler full of ice cold brewskis.

I ended up sleeping in the chair that night under the stars. This was the only pic I snapped.

As it would turn out, we discovered a giant heap of grizz scat not 25 yards away from where I slept that night.

Did my 'Devil Dog' ward off the beast?

Old 04-16-2013, 12:32 AM

Another anonymous addition.

We owned an older house on an acreage in the west country. Small items would be moved around or be missing only to turn up later. Our daughter was 3 at the time so we thought maybe it was her or whatever.

Now she had an imaginary friend like most kids. She would talk to him and play with him. Creepy thing was she described him as big and purple with big horns. And she always described him like that. Her other imaginary friends would change their appearance but not him.

I would sometimes awake to a dark figure standing on the stair landing staring at me. Like a tall man dressed in black. Our bedroom was in a loft at the top of the stairs and he would be standing there. Or if I slept on the couch in the basement he would be standing on that stair landing. I kinda wrote it off to shift work and soutr gas doing a number on my brain. (was working in a sour plant at the time)

We started doing some wotrk on the place. We had levelled the joists and were putting hardwood flooring in. It was evening. We were all in the basement watching tv and heard a crash upstairs. We ran upstairs. Nothing. We wentr to the second floor loft and my wifes jewellry box had fallen off a shelf and smashed into like a hundred pieces. It fell off a shelf onto carpet and was totally smashed. As well a green jade bracelet that was in it was broken into four pieces.

We were freaked out thinking someone had been in the house but the basement stairs came up where the upstairs stairs came down so if it had been a person we would have seen.

My daughter (3 at the time) says in a calm voice "It was just my purple friend" and went off to bed.

There were many more things happened at the acreage but that was the most dramatic and we moved away soon after.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-16-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmum View Post
Lol, of course this is the first thing that came to mind, tho silly cause I don't believe in them... I like this theory the best tho:
even though i believe in the big hairy beasty .. i will go along with you and agree the moose knocking horns is more logical ...
Old 04-26-2013, 02:02 AM

Really enjoyed this thread so far. This came to mind.

A few years ago now I was removing a transmission from a tri axle vac truck, the only way to get it out from underneath the chassis was to lift it about 2-3 feet up. The hoists were tied up so I was left with the not so proper method of lifting the rear end up with our yard tow truck with a chain. I have removed many transmissions and can usually get into some tight spots as required. On this particular day I had just lifted the unit up about 2 1/2 feet and was underneath undoing a missed line, I needed a wrench I had set on the opposite frame rail, instead of reaching up over the transmission like I normally would,I got this feeling that I should slide out and around and come back in from the other side, as I was getting back down on my creeper I had this feeling of 'HURRY UP!' overcome me like someone under great strain said it. I scooted out and just as I had cleared the truck the lifting chained failed, a link had snapped and the whole works came crashing down with a cross member landing on top of where I would have been. The whole building shook with the landing. My Grandpa was a trucker, and as I stood up and looked to the tow truck, I felt an indescribable certainty he had been holding that chain together until I got out from under that thing. I went to the change room to settle down and wash the cold sweat off my face and when I looked up from the sink into the mirror, my eyes weren't mine, they were his, light blue and piercing with a look of relief. I nearly jumped out of my skin, when I looked back a split second later, everything was normal....Take it or leave it as you will, some things you don't have to see to believe. My Grandpa saved my life that day.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:19 AM
Gone Hunting

Not quiet the same thing but not explainable by science or logic.

Several years ago a friend we called Pasquale (not his real name) was diagnosed with cancer. The doctors told him he had a year at best and only six months if he didn't start treatment right away.

The man was a trapper and bushman, old school. He liked doctors and hospitals about as much as I like politicians. So he didn't try very hard to get to his appointments.

I has working for his brother-in-law and sister. She was worried sick about her big brother. Kept begging Wim and I to try to convince Pasquale to go to yet another appointment.

About two months after his first diagnosis I dropped by the boss's shop to pick up something and there was Wim and Pasquale drinking Whisky and visiting.

To me Pasquale looked like he was dying. Thinking I'd cheer him up I said, "Hello old man, how ya doin." LOL Well that made him mad. He jumped out of his chair, and loudly told me to go to h e double hockey sticks.
"I'm not an old man and don't you ever forget it." he declared angrily.

We all had a good laugh about it but apparently it did get Pasquale to thinking about his plight. He said later that he decided he wasn't going to accept a death sentence.

So he and another friend bought a case of whisky and went off to Pasquale's trapline to celibate his cancer free life.

Meanwhile his sister was driving Wim and I nuts. She wanted us to go looking for her brother but no one had any idea where he had gone to.

Two weeks later Pasquale returned looking fit as he had ever been.
He ran head on into his sister's love for him and in the end wound up back at the doctors to satisfy her.

The doctor said that since he had missed so many treatments they had to start all over again, after they determined how far the Cancer had developed. So the tests began.

A week later we got the news. They could find no trace of Cancer in Pasquale.

Was he misdiagnosed or did his attitude simply drive the disease out of him?
I have no idea and it appears that science doesn't either.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 PM

I have a few odd experiences similar to ones said on here...but i actually consider them very very special and choose not to share them with people but rather keep them for me....that being said...I also have the electrical thing...computers and electrical devices and me do not play well usually.

I have deja vu happen often.....and have finished other peoples sentences.

I also seem to have the ability to know when the phone is going to ring...and often who is on it. when I was young I would often start walking towards the phone and be standing waiting for it to ring...or when the phone rang I could tell by the ring who it was.....especially when i was at a friends house and the phone would ring...i could tell it was my mom's ring...lol...every time I would get summoned to the phone and it would be my mom. still happens now, but not as much with the newer phones.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
.....This thread survived for seven pages with out anyone questioning anyone else's experiences, don't know why that should change now.
I sure don't even as a skeptic.
If someone tells me of a "weird" experience, I just file it away in my mind as "unknown", and I don't badmouth them. I have no way of "analyizing" other peoples' experiences because I wasn't there.

If they trust me enough to know I won't "spread it around" and /or "gossip" to make them look stoopid and myself look "superior" as a skeptic, I won't betray that trust.

I guess that's why folks confide in me with that sorta thing.

Even as a skeptic, I get real irritated at "pathological skeptics" who have "all the answers".
I sure don't, and nobody else does either! Show me one who does, and I'll show you a big fat liar who needs to "feel good" at others' expense.

I could go on and on, but I won't.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
I have a few odd experiences similar to ones said on here...but i actually consider them very very special and choose not to share them with people but rather keep them for me....that being said...I also have the electrical thing...computers and electrical devices and me do not play well usually.

I have deja vu happen often.....and have finished other peoples sentences.

I also seem to have the ability to know when the phone is going to ring...and often who is on it. when I was young I would often start walking towards the phone and be standing waiting for it to ring...or when the phone rang I could tell by the ring who it was.....especially when i was at a friends house and the phone would ring...i could tell it was my mom's ring...lol...every time I would get summoned to the phone and it would be my mom. still happens now, but not as much with the newer phones.
Hey Radar..........................
Old 04-27-2013, 12:15 AM

Couldn't explain this if my life depended on it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (63.0 KB, 426 views)
Old 04-27-2013, 12:24 AM

Years back, the kids were taking pics in the garage with the dog. On one pic the dog went nuts, took off running out the door. Never came back in the garage for quite some time. To this day, never sleeps in the garage anymore.
Anyway, when the kids were going through the pics they just took, they came running in to show me this. I immediately put it on my computer and starred at it wondering "HOW?"

I swear, never edited anything but the faces.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (69.6 KB, 544 views)
Old 04-27-2013, 02:16 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardy00 View Post
Years back, the kids were taking pics in the garage with the dog. On one pic the dog went nuts, took off running out the door. Never came back in the garage for quite some time. To this day, never sleeps in the garage anymore.
Anyway, when the kids were going through the pics they just took, they came running in to show me this. I immediately put it on my computer and starred at it wondering "HOW?"

I swear, never edited anything but the faces.
Cool photo.

The Good Book recounts a story where a Donkey responded to spirits the rider could not see or sense in any way.

We know that some animals and most birds can sense and see things we can not.
Like ultraviolet light for example. Or a impending tsunami.

There is much about this world we live in that we really don't understand.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-27-2013, 11:37 PM

I have had a few strange things happen to me,
one of them was at a friend of mine's house. me and my dad were helping him fix up his garage when the radio sudenly shut off, I later asked him what happened and he said that it was just his dad showing that he was there.

I have also had experiences with strange happenings at penhold air cadet summer training center.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:00 AM

I have had numerous events happen to me and my family, to start there seems to be a history of mediums on my dads side, my dad is, his mom, my great grandma, neither me or my siblings have seen an apperition I've just had lots of encounters.

The house I grew up in was built in the 80s but has this funny feeling, the hallway from the bedrooms to the family room always gave me an uneasy feeling. I always feel like someone is watching me, well one day I am walking out of room and I get a cold chill up my spine, right then my dog walks out in front of me, her hackles come up and she starts growling and baring her teeth, all while looking past me. At that moment I realized something was behind me, so I moved past her and never looked back, she stood there for bit then followed me.

In my PMQ my wife and I were just drifting off to sleep in our bed, when I felt someone grab my big toe. Nothing malicous more like hey I am here, and it felt like a kids hand, I could feel the fingers and it was a gentle tug. Scarred the **** out me, I asked my wife if she had touched my foot with hers and she said no.

My grandpa passed away while I was deployed, during my HLTA my family and I had gone home to BC to see everyone. My grandpa Leo became sick with pneumonia, he was already fighting emphysmia and was one an oxygen tank at all times. Because he was sick he didn't want to get my son sick as he was only 18 mths old at the time, I had to rtn overseas on boxing day and I never did get to see my grandpa one last time or say good by. On Feb 11 2010 he passed away in his sleep, it really hit me hard as used to spend a lot of time with him. When I rtn'd home after tour my son started seeing him, I know this because he called him Papa Leo, they had only met once and my boy was 3 mths old at that time. For about 2 weeks grandpa leo stayed at my house, my son would share his animal crackers with him, other kids would walk by a room and say hi to the couch or a chair. One friend walked in and even asked us who was standing at the door when they pulled in. I was able to say good bye and I apologized for not being able to see him before, and I told him I missed him.
We also used to get someone who would come visit my daughter when she was a baby, at 1045 almost everynight you could here footsteps from one side of the room walk over to the crib, that lasted for a couple months until my wife got fed up and asked them to stop cause they were constantly waking my daughter up.

My work has a few ppl on duty all the time, not sure the exact date but a herc crashed on what is now CFB Edmonton killing the pilots and crew. We always have 3 guys on duty and they spend the night at the lines, so far only one night has been un eventful for me personally. I have heard footsteps, had doors open on me, had items thrown at the cage (metal mesh used as walls) when I walked past, we have no air current as the flags are always still, but I have seen them move as if someone was hitting them. Doors slam shut, been locked in and out of rooms, and when the commissionaires where working our duty desk, one of the photo frames of a mbr killed overseas was found laying on the ground by our memorial. It would have had to been lifted off of its track that it hung on at the memorial and placed on the ground otherwise it would have broken when it hit the cement from the fall.

Stik'em
Old 04-28-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
I sure don't even as a skeptic.
If someone tells me of a "weird" experience, I just file it away in my mind as "unknown", and I don't badmouth them. I have no way of "analyizing" other peoples' experiences because I wasn't there.

If they trust me enough to know I won't "spread it around" and /or "gossip" to make them look stoopid and myself look "superior" as a skeptic, I won't betray that trust.

I guess that's why folks confide in me with that sorta thing.

Even as a skeptic, I get real irritated at "pathological skeptics" who have "all the answers".
I sure don't, and nobody else does either! Show me one who does, and I'll show you a big fat liar who needs to "feel good" at others' expense.

I could go on and on, but I won't.
Unsure as why you quoted me, my comment was directed at Eddy62 who was questioning thunderheart's experience and I found it completely unnecessary.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Unsure as why you quoted me, my comment was directed at Eddy62 who was questioning thunderheart's experience and I found it completely unnecessary.
i got the impression he was agreeing with you. hence the quote.