Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-06-2018, 12:18 AM

Default Know your rights!!

Centre for police accountability.

http://www.c4pa.ca/

Carry and use the NO ID card when required.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:54 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Why not just cooperate? Yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am,no ma'am and carry on with your lawful life....or fight everything tooth and nail and get a medal and a participation award just the way society wants all to feel warm and snugly....even if not deserved....my right were violated....I got a smarten up instead of a hug.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-06-2018, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Why not just cooperate? Yes sir, no sir, yes ma'am,no ma'am and carry on with your lawful life....or fight everything tooth and nail and get a medal and a participation award just the way society wants all to feel warm and snugly....even if not deserved....my right were violated....I got a smarten up instead of a hug.....
Some of those “smarten ups” have deadly consequences. I’ve seen cops overstep their bounds by a long ways. So no I don’t “yes sir and no sir.”
Old 11-06-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy10 View Post

I went through the website and there is a whole lot of nothing. I think that the C4PA would like your video to post to Youtube and then watch the money roll in for "views."

But I could be wrong......
Old 11-06-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Some of those “smarten ups” have deadly consequences. I’ve seen cops overstep their bounds by a long ways. So no I don’t “yes sir and no sir.”
What's the % of bad Leo's compared to the % of criminals or irresponsible citizens that fight tooth and nail any form of action they feel unnecessary?

I would say 99.995% of the time if you arent doing anything wrong there is nothing to fear from the Rcmp.

I have personally seen 1 single time where I thought an Rcmp member went too far. Nobody was killed, the guy resisting arrest surely felt it the next day though. That's in 35 years of what I would call fairly close presence with them. I have worked security, traffic control, as a first responder, as a bouncer, and gone on many ride-alongs for support.

Just how many times have you witnessed these over steppings and why were you there? Just for curiosity sake.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-06-2018, 08:27 AM

I'm not sure if if I'm getting too cynical as I get older but I quit giving extra information awhile ago. I've seen situations when LEO have tried to catch someone or misuse words and it could have gotten worse with charges laid and whatnot. Sure it would've maybe gotten straightened out in the courts, but extra cost + hassle that's not needed.I respect them and know of the dangers they are put in, but now any stops are very brief. I tell them all I legally need to tell them, and that's it. It just happened 2 weekends ago. He wanted to go into extreme detail in what our activities were and I simply explained to him" I think we're done here"....
Old 11-06-2018, 08:45 AM

In the overwhelming majority of cases, the police act responsibility, and within their jurisdiction. They put up with a lot of nonsense while dealing with many people that have no respect for the law, or for anyone or their property. However, there are isolated cases where the police do overstep their authority, because they are people with people's emotions and behavior faults. This is no different than with any other profession, except that the police have on several occasions chosen to protect their own, rather than hold them accountable for their actions, and their authority has prevented those responsible from being held accountable. In some cases, such as the Vancouver airport incident, video recordings have been the only reason that some officers were held accountable, and yet in other cases, such as in High River, even an inquiry which determined that the RCMP exceeded their authority, did not result in those responsible ever being held accountable. That being said, in most instances where people have issues with the police, it's because those people brought it on themselves, because they know that we have a catch and release legal system which tends to treat criminals as victims.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:04 AM

I find it laughable that some people are so incredibly dense that they think being obnoxious or displaying attitude to the police is going to be productive in any way, shape or form. Suggesting carrying a 'No ID' card is such an instance of being a 'problem customer'. I enjoy watching YouTube videos of these same personality types where they open their drivers window a mere 3/4" to talk
to an LE officer while being defiant and acting like petulant children; the resulting broken car window, knees in their back and cuffs on their wrists bring me great joy.

Much like spreading any type of hate, this is what happens when brainwashed idiots choose to escalate things. It parallels the behaviour of the Anitfa weenies in a number of ways, 'bravery' where none is warranted, attitude when a simple smile and common courtesy would improve everyone's day. The current trend of people hating the police and busting out their smartphones to record the officers actions as though they're being some kind of citizen hero/ documentary film-maker is escalating things to a become a problem where none would exist before. You get what you give: be nice, receive nice. Heck, I've seen police being nice to people who don't deserve it, a technique to de-escalate situations (I've never seen a cop-hater de-escalate anything). The OP strikes me as someone who will compulsively escalate an interaction simply due to their pre-existing bias against LE. People need to keep in mind that LE are dealing with a lot of people who lie to them daily (or much worse), it's helpful to not create friction where none was in the first place. These people must be utterly daft to think that if everyone defies the police then things will somehow improve, it's utterly illogical.

Combine this attitude and drug use and it's the reason why police have been forced into shooting more people annually than used to be the case. I tend to applaud those instances because that's one less recidivist / junkie in society. Those recidivists cost taxpayers a staggering amount of money, some junkies have more ambulance responses than could be counted even with taking off your socks and that's not to mention how many B&E's, robberies and thefts they'll have committed to fund their drug habit. If the average citizen had a better idea of the human trash that LE and other first-responders deal with daily they might start to understand that the jobs can be very stressful and frustrating. Every single member of this board is aware of the catch and release legal system, our courts are clearly failing us. This frustrates the police & EMT's who have to deal with the same junkies & offenders over and over. Imagine that happening at your job, where you accomplish something good and then someone above you kicks your good work down daily. If that trend continues we're going to have fewer people wanting to even become LE & EMT's then we'll wind up with worse LE and EMT's.

Careful of the prejudice you spread, it might come back and bite you rather ironically/ karmically.

Of course there is the odd bad apple or a normally good cop who had a bad day as a result of the constant stress of dealing with degenerates or where a degenerate managed to provoke them, there are mechanisms for dealing with both sorts.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 11-06-2018 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:

Produced and created by Antifa? Why start off with the premonition that you have to be an azzhat to counter police presence. Everyone deserves respect as a starting point...
Old 11-06-2018, 09:29 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburg View Post
but now any stops are very brief. I tell them all I legally need to tell them, and that's it. It just happened 2 weekends ago. He wanted to go into extreme detail in what our activities were and I simply explained to him" I think we're done here"....
I saw that on CSI! And CSINY! and NCIS!

you can do that????

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-06-2018, 09:33 AM

I think Warriorboy is sitting back, tears rolling down his cheeks laughing at this. Pretty funny!
You weren't serious, were you?

Old 11-06-2018, 09:40 AM
Banned

Hmmm...after 64 years on the planet have managed to only have a handful of interactions with the police...most vehicle related.
Always knew I was doing wrong (I choose to speed, or park where I shouldn't) so have always been polite and respectful.
And guess what...that's what I've received in return.
I have one story that could have gone very wrong. At a time when I didn't have much cash I decided that rather than pay for my $1000 worth of parking tickets I'd just ignore them. That meant I couldn't re-register my vehicle. But being the skillful photographer I am I made of a copy of a friends new registration sticker and attached it to my plate. Worked like a charm for about 6 months when an officer sitting behind me at a stop light ran my plate and the jig was up.
But I knew he had me...I admitted what I done, was sorry I had done it and cooperative.
A court date was set. In front of the judge I found out that what I had was considered forgery...a federal offense that carried a stiff penalty...real stiff.
The judge asked if the police office wanted to add anything. He did. He told the judge that I was respectful, polite and seemed sorry for what I'd done.
The judge looked at me, and he said that based on what the officer had just said he would charge me with failure to produce papers...a misdemeanor with a $250 fine.
I can't imagine how it would have gone down if I'd treated the cop the way some suggest here.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Hmmm...after 64 years on the planet have managed to only have a handful of interactions with the police...most vehicle related.
Always knew I was doing wrong (I choose to speed, or park where I shouldn't) so have always been polite and respectful.
And guess what...that's what I've received in return.
I have one story that could have gone very wrong. At a time when I didn't have much cash I decided that rather than pay for my $1000 worth of parking tickets I'd just ignore them. That meant I couldn't re-register my vehicle. But being the skillful photographer I am I made of a copy of a friends new registration sticker and attached it to my plate. Worked like a charm for about 6 months when an officer sitting behind me at a stop light ran my plate and the jig was up.
But I knew he had me...I admitted what I done, was sorry I had done it and cooperative.
A court date was set. In front of the judge I found out that what I had was considered forgery...a federal offense that carried a stiff penalty...real stiff.
The judge asked if the police office wanted to add anything. He did. He told the judge that I was respectful, polite and seemed sorry for what I'd done.
The judge looked at me, and he said that based on what the officer had just said he would charge me with failure to produce papers...a misdemeanor with a $250 fine.
I can't imagine how it would have gone down if I'd treated the cop the way some suggest here.
%100 Agree, i have had similar experience's, many that could have gone to the extreme in the opposite direction, i thank my parent's for teaching me courtesy, manner's, respect and self awareness, i always owned up to my poor mistake's and never blamed anyone other than myself.

One officer asked me one night if i wanted him to call my mom to come pick me up from the drunk tank?, i never laughed so hard out loud in my life!, i told him to go ahead and try but he would be wasting his time, i'll just walk home in the morning.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Hmmm been on this earth for many moons and the only time I was on the wrong end of the law I deserved it rightfully so. Never had an incident where just a LEO randomly stepped out of line with me as a law abiding citizen...in fact just engaged in conversation and carry on.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:

I've no need of that website,
but where's the site for DMV abuse..
Old 11-06-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:

And when would the card be required?
Much ado about sfa ...
Rob
Old 11-06-2018, 07:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

Are you aware of the Canada Firearms Program ?

Are you aware of the RCMP tactics at High River ?

Are you aware of the RCMP strategies that closed shooting ranges ?
Old 11-06-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifted Intuitive View Post
Are you aware of the Canada Firearms Program ?

Are you aware of the RCMP tactics at High River ?

Are you aware of the RCMP strategies that closed shooting ranges ?
None of which really had anything to do with the RCMP but rather the people who employ and manipulate their actions. RCMP is an acronym for gov't police, they are pawn fall guys in the game like we are. All is orchestrated by political appointees who do what their payroll dictators tell them. Arguing with street level police for perceived wrongs is futile. These three things you mention are not born of RCMP malevolence but rather their ring leaders which is our gov't. The RCMP we see and know daily would just like to do their jobs and clean up society without political influence. They want the same things you and I do. Their hands are tied

Sure we can find fault with street level cops who kick the crap out of some lowlife for some perceived injustice, they are only human. It is extremely rare of all the thousands of officers that one takes the bait that lowlife constantly throws in their face and they lose it and react inappropriately. You or I would probably react the same way if we had to deal with one mouthy ******* after another on a daily basis pushing our buttons. Unfortunately once in a while good law abiding people mistakenly get caught and suffer their frustration.

On the other hand the three things you mention in your post come from way above street level or detachment level law enforcement politics. That comes straight from Ottawa. A distinction needs to be made between law enforcers we see daily and their corrupt circus masters. We need to point fingers at corrupt politicians and blame them for the corrupt people they appoint to the top levels of the RCMP.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:28 PM

I ve had more than one bad encounterbwith rcmp. But what bothers me most is border crossings . To many intrucive questions about my job . Non of their business !
Old 11-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
None of which really had anything to do with the RCMP but rather the people who employ and manipulate their actions. RCMP is an acronym for gov't police, they are pawn fall guys in the game like we are. All is orchestrated by political appointees who do what their payroll dictators tell them. Arguing with street level police for perceived wrongs is futile. These three things you mention are not born of RCMP malevolence but rather their ring leaders which is our gov't. The RCMP we see and know daily would just like to do their jobs and clean up society without political influence. They want the same things you and I do. Their hands are tied

Sure we can find fault with street level cops who kick the crap out of some lowlife for some perceived injustice, they are only human. It is extremely rare of all the thousands of officers that one takes the bait that lowlife constantly throws in their face and they lose it and react inappropriately. You or I would probably react the same way if we had to deal with one mouthy ******* after another on a daily basis pushing our buttons. Unfortunately once in a while good law abiding people mistakenly get caught and suffer their frustration.

On the other hand the three things you mention in your post come from way above street level or detachment level law enforcement politics. That comes straight from Ottawa. A distinction needs to be made between law enforcers we see daily and their corrupt circus masters. We need to point fingers at corrupt politicians and blame them for the corrupt people they appoint to the top levels of the RCMP.

Even worse than government police...ROYAL CM POLICE...

Crown land, crown prosecution, ROYAL CM POLICE...

Who is really calling the shots around here?

Whose face is on our money?
Old 11-06-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post

At High River the orders may have come from above ,but it was the officers on scene that committed the illegal acts. They could have disclosed who ordered them to commit those illegal acts, but they chose not to, so they are just as guilty as those people that gave the illegal orders, that they carried out.
I agree with you, on the other two examples.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:44 PM
Banned

I don’t think the cops are brutal enough. These thugs need a good boot kickin on the way to the slammer and a good boot while leaving too.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
I ve had more than one bad encounterbwith rcmp. But what bothers me most is border crossings . To many intrucive questions about my job . Non of their business !
I've only had one encounter with an on-duty RCMP officer. He was doing his job, and I was not afoul of the law, so it ended well. The questions you get about your job are from American border guards who need to know that your ties to Canada are strong enough that you're not planning to stay there illegally. They are doing their job. It is their business.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 11-06-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
At High River the orders may have come from above ,but it was the officers on scene that committed the illegal acts. They could have disclosed who ordered them to commit those illegal acts, but they chose not to, so they are just as guilty as those people that gave the illegal orders, that they carried out.
I agree with you, on the other two examples.
More guilty.
If I tell you to kill someone and you do it, who’s more guilty?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
I've only had one encounter with an on-duty RCMP officer. He was doing his job, and I was not afoul of the law, so it ended well. The questions you get about your job are from American border guards who need to know that your ties to Canada are strong enough that you're not planning to stay there illegally. They are doing their job. It is their business.
Uh no . It was a canadian border agent . I was entering canada . Easier entering the us. I suspect had i answered i havent worked for a while the response would be a full search.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:10 PM
Banned

If I'm required to identify myself, I just show my ID and say "I don't answer questions".

I realize a long time ago from other people's experiences, that explaining yourself out of the situation doesn't help. Let a lawyer talk to the police. Not you.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I agree, the culture of silence and secrecy within the RCMP needs to change, it has to start at the top. Whistle blower/troublemakers within the force at any level face extreme prejudice if they attempt insubordinate action against higher ranking officials.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
More guilty.
If I tell you to kill someone and you do it, who’s more guilty?
The person who does the killing, they have the CHOICE to simply tell you know for many reasons including it is illegal. This is no different with the RCMP, they do not have to comply with an order that is illegal..........but what they do need is a set of balz to say no. Hard to believe that not one of the RCMP at High River had any.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHunter View Post
If I'm required to identify myself, I just show my ID and say "I don't answer questions".
I kinda lol at that..odds stacked high that your
day will just get all wasted, drama filled, & long.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
Hmmmm it is thier business from a nations security perspective which is way more important than your agenda, feelings, etc so make thier job easy and cooperate then move on down the line real easy....had a fella at the airport pull me out of the line, asked questions, I answered, got a second look when I asked what he was swabbing for as I told him I was handling a weapon earlier this morning and thier might be residual powder etc show up....smiled and told him appreciate you folks doing your job and attempting to keep the crazies at bay.
Open, honest and just moved on through security....but if you got attitude then the flags start going up