Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-28-2013, 08:15 PM

Default Bocquene Lake

Hi. Am going to Bocquene Lake with Andrew Lake Lodge in June this year. Have been to Ryan Lake 2x previously.
Was wondering if anyone has been to this lake previously and had any input?
Thanks
Old 04-29-2013, 08:35 AM

Should be a sweet trip ! I've been to Ryan 2yrs ago too, booked in June for south leland with Andrew lake lodge.

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip
Old 04-29-2013, 04:07 PM

Have not been to Bocquene. Went to Andrew about ten years ago. Was a great time back then. Average Pike was 10-15lbs. We went in June as well. Seen the biggest pike of my life in one back bay which followed a 13lb pike I brought to the boat. Swear it was an alligator! Ha ha! Hooter Island I believe it was called, was incredible sight fishing for big pike all around the island. So cool. And lots of Lakers just below the surface, trolling spoons (williams wobblers, silver and gold, 4" approx.) averaged 5-7lbs. Lost one much bigger. Most pike were casting in various spots, 5 of diamonds and fire tiger husky jerk were my best lures. Good lodge. Cabins were good. Stuff a few bounce sheets in some of the small holes in he wall to keep the 747 Mosquitos out! Lol! All around a great memory (was my first fly-in trip). Was all Older American guys up there when we went. Mostly from the south. Some great stories of Noodling Cat fish "back in the day". Should be a good trip where ever you hit up there. Enjoy!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:28 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks guys. Yes Ryan Lake was great. Lots of walleye and some pike. Great weather and great friends.. The best of times. Cant ever beat trips like that.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:20 PM

Do the google earth on the lake and you'll find a small rock island on the north side...you can fish right off it toward shore where there is a little creek that comes in.
The walleye will be stacked up in there.
Bring lots of shad raps for trolling too.
Second best walleye trip I've ever been on(Number one was graham 20 years ago.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:29 PM

Default Thanks

That sounds great.
We found any black jigs outfished anything else at Ryan Lake the last few years.
Any color preferences at Bocquene? Or does it really matter?
Just looking forward to the trip.
Any luck with the perch at the lake? Also the regs have a limit for lake trout. Anyone have any success for lakers? Just wondering.
Thanks for your help
Old 05-04-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh352 View Post
That sounds great.
We found any black jigs outfished anything else at Ryan Lake the last few years.
Any color preferences at Bocquene? Or does it really matter?
Just looking forward to the trip.
Any luck with the perch at the lake? Also the regs have a limit for lake trout. Anyone have any success for lakers? Just wondering.
Thanks for your help
I did some snooping and Andrew lake lodge doesn't advertise lakers for that lake. Actually a few times I've seen on their site and fbook page that they spell it Boquene . It must be a mistake on their end cause they have a map on the site and its spelled bocquene . It's definetly deep enough for them.

Some times you catch the Big fish, some times you get stuck in Chip

Last edited by FishHunterPro; 05-04-2013 at 11:28 PM.