Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-18-2022, 07:33 AM

Default Knock Off Fish Cams

Anyone using them? How do they compare to the brand name units? Ones like this...

https://www.amazon.ca/Moocor-Underwa...s%2C150&sr=8-7

Or am I better off rigging up my gopro?
Old 02-18-2022, 08:09 AM

There is a lot of praise for the Eyoyo unit off Amazon. Same price. My buddy had one and loves it. There was another post on here recently about it
Old 02-18-2022, 09:01 AM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=408349
Old 02-21-2022, 10:03 PM

I just randomly got a good deal on a small Eyoyo camera on eBay. It’s color, with a small 4.5” screen - got it for $40 with shipping -brand new. So cheap that if it breaks I can throw it in the garbage without feeling too bad.

I have to say it’s pretty awesome. The picture quality is great and the built in battery lasts all day.

I have a Marcum with a 7” flat screen - but it’s black and white and I’ve been wanting a color camera.

After using this cheapo camera there is just no way I could justify a color Marcum. I’ve seen the Eyoyos with the larger screens and they seem really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2022, 06:53 AM

For $40, everyone should have one. Heck, that's 3-4 spoons nowadays.
Old 02-22-2022, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis_rak View Post
I just randomly got a good deal on a small Eyoyo camera on eBay. It’s color, with a small 4.5” screen - got it for $40 with shipping -brand new. So cheap that if it breaks I can throw it in the garbage without feeling too bad.

I have to say it’s pretty awesome. The picture quality is great and the built in battery lasts all day.

I have a Marcum with a 7” flat screen - but it’s black and white and I’ve been wanting a color camera.

After using this cheapo camera there is just no way I could justify a color Marcum. I’ve seen the Eyoyos with the larger screens and they seem really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For $40 I'd be tempted to try using it in the summer trolling, maybe hang it off a down rigger ball with a release.

I bought the 7" unit off of Amazon and had it delivered to an address in the Grove and picked it on the way to LSA. Worked pretty decent, except for the part we saw zero fish.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
For $40 I'd be tempted to try using it in the summer trolling, maybe hang it off a down rigger ball with a release.

I bought the 7" unit off of Amazon and had it delivered to an address in the Grove and picked it on the way to LSA. Worked pretty decent, except for the part we saw zero fish.
I sold a water wolf underwater camera made for trolling that I never used. I could not figure a way to rig it to the downrigger to be able to keep it stable. It was designed to be attached to the line directly with the lure trailing a few feet behind but at $200 I could picture a break-off like the one my wife had on Cold Lake one day when she tied into a monster Laker that snapped a trolling rod in half. Lesson learned that day? Never own any rod made of E Glass. They shatter easily. I went back to S Glass rods(Shimano TDR). I've seen a few guys talking about rigging go-pro's to fish shaped cannonballs for filming salmon action on Lake Ontario. I have a couple go-pro knock offs that cost $99 with waterproof cases. Might give them a try.

Last edited by Frank_NK28; 02-22-2022 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-22-2022, 10:32 AM

Ive had 7 inch color Eyoyo for 4 years. Works great color and picture are clear. I have no issues with battery life and have had many 8 hour days with battery still going strong I actually bought a second battery from Eyoyo and have never used it I paid $150 four yrs ago Its been an excellent purchase for me
Old 02-22-2022, 11:03 AM

Default Eyoyo

I bought one. Tried it. Sent it back to Amazon. Had and have used the the old Aqua views for years. Into a Marcum now.
Old 02-23-2022, 09:57 AM

I picked up the 7" Eyoyo last week and put it in the water at Newell. Works as advertised. For the price I'm super happy!
Old 02-24-2022, 07:06 AM

This guy does a great side by side comparison of the Eyoyo and Marcum

https://youtu.be/MfYM6Bwt6-c
Old 02-25-2022, 01:24 PM

2 buddys bought eyoyo at the same time one was good the other not so much. Customer service was not good.
That’s my only experience with them.