Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-19-2015, 11:18 PM

Default archery shops

Looking buy a bow for my fiance wondering what are the best places in Edmonton or around Edmonton to purchase a bow?
Old 06-19-2015, 11:49 PM
Banned

Default Edmonton Shops

Jimbows. You can stop searching now. Great customer service and they know their stuff for sure. 156st and 139ave. Give'em a chance and you won't be disappointed.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_buckhunter View Post
Looking buy a bow for my fiance wondering what are the best places in Edmonton or around Edmonton to purchase a bow?
What type of bow are you looking at getting?

Hoyt/bowtech- Jim bows or accurate archery at Alberta beach
Mathews- trophy book spruce grove
Old 06-21-2015, 09:44 PM

X2 jimbows. These guys are top notch and are awesome at setting up a bow.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:41 PM

Either Lawrence at Accurate or the the boys at Jimbows will steer you down the right path. Can't miss with either of those places.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:01 PM

Default JImbows Edmonton - NOT!

Jimbows in Calgary yes but in Edmonton - I don't think so.
Trophy book the service is fine but prices $$$$$
Alberta Beach guy - I have only heard good thing about him - prices $$$$
Cabelas Edmonton south - a few guys were trained by the Alberta Beach guy - they know what there doing there. So that’s good prices $$$
Sherwood Park guy - I don't think so

If your going to learn bow or attempt to learn go get advice from everyone, review everything and learn how to repair and service your bow. It sucks, if your in the field for a 1 week trip and something goes wrong with your bow - your hunt is over!

Learn to use it, service it, and repair it yourself. Its what I do!

Being defeated is optional!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:28 AM

I would check out all the places if your on a budget and decide for your self
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 06-22-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAT Hunter View Post
Cabelas Edmonton south - a few guys were trained by the Alberta Beach guy - they know what there doing there. So that’s good prices $$$

If your going to learn bow or attempt to learn go get advice from everyone, review everything and learn how to repair and service your bow. It sucks, if your in the field for a 1 week trip and something goes wrong with your bow - your hunt is over!

John at T & T archery in Sherwood Park is another Good option. Stand up guy
Old 06-22-2015, 08:35 AM
Banned

Whether or not you buy one there, go see Lawrence at Accurate Archery if for nothing else his advice and expertise.
Old 06-22-2015, 02:51 PM

Go see or phone Martin at Swamp Donkey Outdoors. He's just north of Spruce Grove. I looked everywhere and you can not beat his prices!
Old 06-22-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
It's new, but Jim-Bows definitely has a shop in Edmonton (13955 156 St NW; 780-488-7705). Carson and Dave are fantastic. So is Lawrence at Accurate Archery (4200 47 St, Alberta Beach, 780-924-3250). You owe it to yourself to visit both shops.

Have fun!
Old 06-22-2015, 06:03 PM

Jim-Bows Edmonton and Accurate Archery are both golden to deal with.

I just bought my second bow at JimBows... possibly a third one from them soon.

Both shops top notch... just depends what brands your interested in.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:

I will rebut your statement

Jimbows in either location- top notch
Trophy book service is so-so, prices are high and sort of get the feeling if your not dumping a grand your a take it or leave Customer
Lawrence in AB is one of the best I have ever seen. Works on all my bows. How can you say his prices are high if you dont even know who he is. I think his prices are about 10 percent less than TB on most stuff and bows all tend to be the same everywhere.
Cabelas probably not best best if your totaly green. I have seen them steer a few guys wrong just due to lack of knowledgen but Cam is good there
John at TnT in sherwood Park really good and is very knowledgable
Wholesale Sports is much like Cabelas. Hit or miss on guys there
That LOST dude in the barren land of Wainwright knows his stuff as well but pretty much limited to APA bows

Oh and you dont need to become a bowtech if you dont want to. I have been bowhunting for 25 years and I do almost nothing to my bows . No desire just like I have no desire to fix my car either

Last edited by diamond k; 06-22-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:26 PM

I think seeing Neil by wainwright (he's actually closer to Edmonton than that) is well worth the drive!
The guys at Jimbows in Edmonton seem great and seem to know their stuff, and I'll be shooting there more, but the service from Neil was considerably better than my experience at Jimbows. I'm pretty sure Neil said he'll be carrying Elite soon too. I shoot a bowtech that he tuned exceptionally well, but would have no problem with getting an APA or Elite that's set up by him as my next bow.
Many knowledgeable and experienced bowhunters on the forum seem to recommend Neil (LOST Arrow Archery), Lawrence (Accurate Archery), and Dave & Carson (Jimbows Edm). I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
I have no interest in working on my bow and think it is not necessary to learn. I don't want to bother putting that kind of time into it. (much like the aforementioned don't want to fix my car comment)
Have fun shooting with the fiance
Old 06-22-2015, 11:29 PM

Another vote for JimBows. Great service and knowledge. Both Dave and Carson are hunters and target shooters, they will get you what you're looking for not just the most expensive on the rack.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post
I think seeing Neil by wainwright (he's actually closer to Edmonton than that) is well worth the drive!
The guys at Jimbows in Edmonton seem great and seem to know their stuff, and I'll be shooting there more, but the service from Neil was considerably better than my experience at Jimbows. I'm pretty sure Neil said he'll be carrying Elite soon too. I shoot a bowtech that he tuned exceptionally well, but would have no problem with getting an APA or Elite that's set up by him as my next bow.
Many knowledgeable and experienced bowhunters on the forum seem to recommend Neil (LOST Arrow Archery), Lawrence (Accurate Archery), and Dave & Carson (Jimbows Edm). I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.
I have no interest in working on my bow and think it is not necessary to learn. I don't want to bother putting that kind of time into it. (much like the aforementioned don't want to fix my car comment)
Any of these 3 places will set you on the right track. Swamp donkey is good also and probably has the best prices.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoseto View Post

Thanks Guys..we are authorised Mathews, Mission, Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech dealers and working on others...and can custom order most any bow, experiance working with all technical and tuning wise..however as mentioned stock mostly APA...as they are the new trend on our flatland...

Neil
Old 06-23-2015, 08:40 AM

some good deals on 2014 bows at both Cabela's locations. Try them out, you can save a bunch for a brand new bow that's one year old - nothing wrong with that for starting out.

All the bow shops above are fine to deal with, just make sure you allocate enough time to try out bows for her - that's the most important thing.