Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-24-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
First off: Congrats on catching a great fish! I personally would've liked to see a picture not to verify but just to appreciate it.

Second: I think people need to relax a bit, geeze. Most people who say "pics or it didn't happen", aren't necessarily doubters, I think they are just saying it because they'd like to see some pics of nice fish (deer, moose etc). I know that is why I say it.

If you caught a nice fish, whether its a world record, personal best or just a fish, why not share it with your fellow anglers? It's great that technology allows us to post about our experiences & accomplishments so why not enhance a good story with some pics? If some BD wants to "call you out" because of something in the pics, that's their problem not yours. I always think it's "worth it" to post pics and I love seeing them & appreciate the people that take the time to post them.

Mini rant over
This^
Old 06-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Banned

I caught a 25lb Burbot out of the Glenmore res. But I ate it
Old 06-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikehunter13 View Post
I caught a 25lb Burbot out of the Glenmore res. But I ate it
And a 3lb trout!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:43 PM

All you old geezers need to chill, true outdoorsmen dont need to prove anything to anyone but themselves. He had a witness it was real, ya'll just jealous.

congrats on a catch of a life time.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassett View Post
All you old geezers need to chill, true outdoorsmen dont need to prove anything to anyone but themselves. He had a witness it was real, ya'll just jealous.

congrats on a catch of a life time.
We will all be jealous if he shows us the picture.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:11 AM

No one has ever said a thing about my pictures, only because I didnt lie about the size of the fish.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:13 AM

One of the most common trends one sees in false statements made, often associated with criminal offenses, misleading witness statement, etc... is a lack of definitive ownership/responsibility for specific actions associated with a case file (summary of a story) when describing an event.

An example "we shot the old lady" - or "when we drove the stolen car into the pedestrian" etc.... when, in fact, it is unclear who pulled the trigger or was at the wheel.

The Op did not, to be clear, indicate weather he, or the other person on the boat, caught the fish, so let's give him the benefit of doubt and believe him........ right?

Pictorial evidence would certainly dissuade most of the critical theorists calling the OP's credibility into question.

It is up to the OP on weather his credibility is worth defending or not, that's his choice ..... cool.

Nobody else counts here ........ no big deal ............
Old 06-25-2013, 10:34 AM

As they say a picture speaks a thousand words, Fishing Geek's pictures he posted on one of my threads a few months ago made my jaw hit the floor, now that was one heck of a big burb he caught, kudos FishingGeek.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
One of the most common trends one sees in false statements made, often associated with criminal offenses, misleading witness statement, etc... is a lack of definitive ownership/responsibility for specific actions associated with a case file (summary of a story) when describing an event.

An example "we shot the old lady" - or "when we drove the stolen car into the pedestrian" etc.... when, in fact, it is unclear who pulled the trigger or was at the wheel.

The Op did not, to be clear, indicate weather he, or the other person on the boat, caught the fish, so let's give him the benefit of doubt and believe him........ right?

Pictorial evidence would certainly dissuade most of the critical theorists calling the OP's credibility into question.

It is up to the OP on weather his credibility is worth defending or not, that's his choice ..... cool.

Nobody else counts here ........ no big deal ............

Far & away one of the funniest posts I have ever read. Thanks for the chuckle. Should you be playing on your phone during class? Its 1:45 and Im pretty sure recess isnt til after 2.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDeal View Post
Far & away one of the funniest posts I have ever read. Thanks for the chuckle. Should you be playing on your phone during class? Its 1:45 and Im pretty sure recess isnt til after 2.
It's recess all summer when it's open water fishing time .......... nothing like entertainment to ease the day ........ glad I could help.

Should go get a coffee now and then walk around with my blackberry, in a hurry ........ that way people will think I'm important and busy.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinggeek View Post
x 3. 22 lbs would if bin the old world record. If u dont want pl questioning your catch u need to have proof. If this is true u caught a fish of a lifetime and didnt even take a pic of it lol. Nice catch if this is true thou.:sha_shakeshout:
x4 lol
Old 06-25-2013, 03:38 PM

Default World Record

Oh yeah! I caught a world record walleye yesterday. I'm not going to post pictures though!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Like many others, I wont post pictures here. Its just not worth it.
Yeah, if I caught a 22 burb I wouldn't post a picture of it either.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Banned

If Real had said it was a 40 lb burb, then a pic would be worth seeing, but a 22 lb is not a shocking size, or, was not once a shocking size.

It wasn't like he said he caught a 12lb perch from Burntstick,, he just said a large burb was caught.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
So yesterday we were Walleye fishing and tied into something big. Big Pike are very common so we assumed it was a 20 lb Pike. Got it up to the boat & discovered it was a Burbot. A BIG Burbot. Just for fun we weighed it and then released it. Weight came in just shy of 22 lbs. When we got back to camp we were telling the guy next to us about it, he went and got the reg book and showed us that the Alberta record is only 18 and change. Wish we would have known this, we would have got better measurments! What a cool fish, longer than my arm and his head was about as big as mine. Very cool
Awesome catch, congrats.

Thomas Sowell