Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Trav View Post
I say, just don't go to Pinehurst on the weekend they are having the tourney. I'm not sure why anyone would insist on going at that time anyways other than to participate in the tourney itself...
Did you ever think that not everyone in this province is aware of your tournament dates, so could be there believing they were there to have a quiet week of vacation with the family?
Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyedude View Post
I don't think it's delusional at all. I'd like to think that most people try to be respectful.

However, I also think that goes both ways, others can be respectful and courteous to the tournament guys that only ask for a couple hours a day for one weekend a year. It really isn't a huge inconvenience to anyone.
I just want to understand this for a second. If I showed up with a bunch of my friends and blocked the only launch at a lake, where you were with your family, for a few hours a day for multiple days at prime time you would not feel inconvenienced. Fact is I think you would indeed feel inconvenienced and I further think that most other people would as well. Hence my point about the location.

Have a Great Season Walleyedude.

Last edited by cube; 06-26-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post
I just want to understand this for a second. If I showed up with a bunch of my friends and blocked the only launch at a lake, where you were with your family, for a few hours a day for multiple days at prime time you would not feel inconvenienced. Fact is I think you would indeed feel inconvenienced and I further think that most other people would as well. Hence my point about the location.

If you were one guy tying up a launch for a few hours I'd pull you out of your truck and launch your boat for you so you could get out of the way...

Seriously though, to me it sounds like your just trolling for an argument, and quite honestly I'm done reading your petty reasons against this tourney. If you were inconvenienced by it and thats the reason for your arguing, too bad, should've just drove down the road to another lake and made the best of it...
Old 06-26-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube View Post

Of course it's an inconvenience. All things considered, I don't feel it's a particularly big one, but it is an inconvenience.

I stand around waiting for people to launch their boats all the time. I wait in traffic for hours sometimes trying to get home from work. There are endless things in the world that I don't necessarily like and that inconvenience me. I don't like it, but I deal with it because I understand that others have different interests than I do and they have the same rights as I do. I try to live and let live. Rather than complain about it or try to impose my will on others, I try to just find alternatives for myself and make the best of it.

Tournament anglers seems to get a bad rap, and they certainly are forced to take a back seat to everyone else out there for some reason, I guess because there's money involved, but I can tell you this, if it was really about the money, there would be no tournament fishing in AB or SK. It's about the fishing and the competition.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Of course it's an inconvenience. All things considered, I don't feel it's a particularly big one, but it is an inconvenience.

I stand around waiting for people to launch their boats all the time. I wait in traffic for hours sometimes trying to get home from work. There are endless things in the world that I don't necessarily like and that inconvenience me. I don't like it, but I deal with it because I understand that others have different interests than I do and they have the same rights as I do. I try to live and let live. Rather than complain about it or try to impose my will on others, I try to just find alternatives for myself and make the best of it.

Tournament anglers seems to get a bad rap, and they certainly are forced to take a back seat to everyone else out there for some reason, I guess because there's money involved, but I can tell you this, if it was really about the money, there would be no tournament fishing in AB or SK. It's about the fishing and the competition.
Well said!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=Hunter Trav;2019540]If you were one guy tying up a launch for a few hours I'd pull you out of your truck and launch your boat for you so you could get out of the way"

There's some comedy! "Pull you out of your truck" I'm sure there would be some knuckle chuckin if someone were to actually try this at the launch
Old 06-26-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Of course it's an inconvenience.
Glad we agree. Have a Great season.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Do you get charged and have to go to court or pay a huge fine if while in the process of catching and releasing a fish, it doesn't survive? No, you don't, unless you try and keep that fish for the table. So why should someone be charged because they're fishing in a tournament? If anything the tournament angler already pays a far harsher price than the average angler as they lose their weight or get disqualified for doing something the average angler can do without consequences.
How are you paying a far harsher price then the average angler. Your the one entering the tournament knowing the consequences. That's a risk you are willing to take so don't say you pay a far harsher price.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukrainankiller View Post
How are you paying a far harsher price then the average angler. Your the one entering the tournament knowing the consequences. That's a risk you are willing to take so don't say you pay a far harsher price.
Its fun and its fishing

Some people like to compete, some don't. But its still fishing.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:25 PM

post 100, think we have beat this one to death
Closed Thread