Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2019, 04:48 PM

Yea.... missed the game.

Didn’t sound like much of a contest. We’ll get 3 or 4 wins pretty quick here boys.
Just u watch.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 02-20-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Yea.... missed the game.

Didn’t sound like much of a contest. We’ll get 3 or 4 wins pretty quick here boys.
Just u watch.
Just to be clear, Bessie's talking about Stanley Cups.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:20 PM

Well..... ya!

We might not be able to get it this year.... I’m havin some tiny doubts.

But if a couple things roll right for us.....

Domination!
Old 02-20-2019, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
"Troll Alert"

Why would you ever play McJeezuz who is up for trade bait?
Jamie, this is what you meant to post
Old 02-21-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Well..... ya!

We might not be able to get it this year.... I’m havin some tiny doubts.

But if a couple things roll right for us.....

Domination!
Been in the playoffs three times in 17 years. Hopefully those couple things you are referring to happen soon. Building through the draft hasn’t worked..
Old 02-21-2019, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Jamie, this is what you meant to post
Might happen. Might be a way to shorten up the rebuild. Imagine the treasure chest you would get in return? And still have a shot at a high draft pick this year.

Actually, not a bad idea.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Been in the playoffs three times in 17 years. Hopefully those couple things you are referring to happen soon. Building through the draft hasn’t worked..
It hasn't worked in previous regimes. Cupboards have been bare. But things are changing.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:04 PM

Hey.... I don’t know what kind of guy McDavid is like... but i’d Give it realistically a 15-20% chance that McDavid asks for a trade in the next two years.

We’ve NEVER had a farm team system. Say what you like about Woodcroft.....but the Condors are seriously on the right track to produce us some very viable NHL players. But that system will actually contribute to us winning more games in two years.

There is a very very serious anti Oiler media push happening and it sure don’t help the players. I go back to the season predictions..... we were predicted to be just on the outside of the playoffs ........ that’s where we are. But you’d think the hockeypocylipss was happening in Exmunchuck.......... hmmmmm bit silly no?
Millennial players don’t have the mental fortitude to shut that stuff out.

And we don’t have the management team and vets to help these kids.

That part ...... well that’s tough to change.

But don’t worry, I got my resume spruced up to send off.

Brighter days are just ahead!

I got dis....
Old 02-21-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Might happen. Might be a way to shorten up the rebuild. Imagine the treasure chest you would get in return? And still have a shot at a high draft pick this year.

Actually, not a bad idea.
I'd only trade McDavid and our bottom 6 starters for the entire top 6 of the Maple Leafs and their first round pick this year. Otherwise he's off the table.

BW
Old 02-21-2019, 04:31 PM
Banned

No, I think you need to rebuild from the inside and get multiple draft picks. By the time this rebuild starts to happen, Mcdavid could be worth less or hurt. I dont know if his value could ever be higher.
Your better off with a team than you are with a player.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:31 PM

Would be the worst decision in Oiler history(hard to top) to get rid of McDavid right now. And the city would probably burn down that day from the riot.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:00 PM

Ok back to reality... no one is trading McDavid. Could he ask for a trade in a couple years? Maybe.

The Oilers should have a fire sale in the next 4 days with the only players safe being Koskinen, McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Klefbom, and Nurse. Everyone else could and should be available for the right price.

And YES, I have given up on the season.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
Ok back to reality... no one is trading McDavid. Could he ask for a trade in a couple years? Maybe.

The Oilers should have a fire sale in the next 4 days with the only players safe being Koskinen, McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Klefbom, and Nurse. Everyone else could and should be available for the right price.

Agree...^
Old 02-21-2019, 06:01 PM

Well hopefully they get rid of the ol boys club soon. Only Katz can do that. Since Sather, 3 of the 5 GMS have been Lowe, Mactavish and Keith Gretzky. Keith started as a scout with the Coyotes because of his brother Wayne. This current GM stint for him isn’t based on experience but his lineage.

Clean house Mr Katz!
Old 02-21-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:

Klefbom is overrated. Oiler fans love to over rate this guy. Nurse isn’t becoming the stalwart d man he was once touted to be. Those two they can trade in my book. Meh...

Last edited by 1899b; 02-21-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:

...really? and what are you gonna get back?........a sack of marbles?
Old 02-21-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:

As I don't follow the oilers that closely, after those 6 players do the oilers have a lot of players that other teams would have interest in, taking into account their contracts?
Old 02-21-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkel1 View Post
As I don't follow the oilers that closely, after those 6 players do the oilers have a lot of players that other teams would have interest in, taking into account their contracts?

Maybe Chris Russell and Larson, but you wouldn't get much for them. Can't think of anyone else that a GM would be licking his chops over...besides which, the oilers always seem to trade down, so you'd have to be in talks with AHL teams...

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-21-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiledsaskhunter View Post
...really? and what are you gonna get back?........a sack of marbles?
Exactly the majority of the remaining roster is AHL caliber lol. Some of us Oiler fans aren’t realistic with the product on the ice. This roster is bad.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:22 PM

If you're rebuilding, I'd rather keep Bouchard than Klefbomb....
Old 02-21-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
If you're rebuilding, I'd rather keep Bouchard than Klefbomb....
I agree wit dis. Just don’t rush that kid. In all reality there will be no need to rush anyone. This club won’t be competitive for three years. Grab the shovels as it’s gonna be a hard dig out from the Chia years..
Old 02-21-2019, 06:39 PM

What do you guys think a "fire sale" means? We are not looking at 1st or 2nd rounders in return although Sekera, Russell or Larson might get a 3rd rounder. And I think there would be some interest in Benning, Brodziak, Khairia, Kassian, Cave and Chiasson. They are not going to bring a lot back but 4th and 5th round picks can turn into valuable players if you draft smart.

But I hope they keep Khairia.

And I am not talking about any prospect or guys in the AHL right now. They need to dump enough salary to go after 2, top six wingers this summer and then pray to god Bouchard, Bear, Yamo, and Puljujarvi take a big jump next year.

I see salary retention on Petro and Lucic.....with a lot on Lucic.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:

I see salary retention on Petro and Lucic.....with a lot on Lucic.
They’ll be retaking Lucic salary for sure. But if they can trade him to a contender with a condition that if the team that takes Lucic makes it to the conference final the retention becomes less. If this team wins the Stanley cup the retention drops. I’m not sure they’ll find a dance partner to take this deal.

BW
Old 02-21-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
They’ll be retaking Lucic salary for sure. But if they can trade him to a contender with a condition that if the team that takes Lucic makes it to the conference final the retention becomes less. If this team wins the Stanley cup the retention drops. I’m not sure they’ll find a dance partner to take this deal.

BW
I can't really see a serious cup contender looking at Lucic to fill any spot where they are lacking...so many better options out there for pretty much any role. He is past his Best before date, and his season proves it. Really, why would you add him to your line up, what does he bring?

If they really want to unload him, they should be talking to natural history Museums that are looking for a lifelike Neanderthal exhibit?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-21-2019, 07:24 PM

As an aside, the Oilers have a two nothing lead...Gagner just had a nice goal. Good on Sammy.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:43 PM

Maybe Nurse and Lee tonight’s?
With no refs interfering.

TBark
Old 02-21-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I can't really see a serious cup contender looking at Lucic to fill any spot where they are lacking...so many better options out there for pretty much any role. He is past his Best before date, and his season proves it. Really, why would you add him to your line up, what does he bring?

If they really want to unload him, they should be talking to natural history Museums that are looking for a lifelike Neanderthal exhibit?
I can’t say I disagree. They need to deal with that contract it’s got to be top of the list

BW
Old 02-21-2019, 07:47 PM

Since Allstar break Lucic is out performing Patrick laine.....300%. Lmao
Or was it Xmas?......
Old 02-21-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Since Allstar break Lucic is out performing Patrick laine.....300%. Lmao
Or was it Xmas?......
Well hell, when you look at it that way the oilers should give him a raise. What have they got left for Cap space, $50K? Maybe just slip it in his pay envelope....

Old 02-21-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
Maybe Nurse and Lee tonight’s?
With no refs interfering.

TBark
Nurse should have gave the linesman a few for that one....penalty free