Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-03-2020, 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=cranky;4212555]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post

So if your talking to me explain please.
I thought that it was self evident by the fact that your councillor won't bother with you anymore and you feel that you're getting away by "cheating" by lifting your mask instead of using it properly......
Old 08-03-2020, 12:39 PM

Masks. Pffft.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:42 PM

[QUOTE=Scott h;4212561]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post

I thought that it was self evident by the fact that your councillor won't bother with you anymore and you feel that you're getting away by "cheating" by lifting your mask instead of using it properly......

Im not cheating as i am exempt from wearing one according to there rules. However im simply wearing one,not to get away with anything but to appear to comply rather than cause a fuss over it all. And i mostly am just getting some air exchange when it gets a bit to stuffy under the mask. Takes what few breaths to help comply alittle bit.
I figure all this will turn into fist fights eventually over all this in stores etc. i expect. And while there was a time id of had no problem with that either, at my age thats out of the question and i dont need the aggravation either now.

So you see you jumped to conclusions insinuating i think im getting away with something. I long sdince got over that kind of childish crap
Old 08-03-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I agree with what you said above. Im in my mid seventies and compromised and i feel like im just delaying the inevitable. Cant believe most of us wont get Covid eventually. In my case i already have a DNR in place. Not going to prolong things getting intubated.
No your taking me wrong. If your a high risk group you need to take precautions. If your mid seventies its different. If you have other medical stuff going on then avoid crowds and anything else you can do.
You dont need to be working with the public and things like that. If you need help then ask for it. Gosh cranky dont be reckless with your health. Its totally possible for you tyo take care of yourself through this. If you where a young guy and had to make a living then its different.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:38 PM

I just bought some camo ones, one with moose on it and two more with deer to be delivered in a couple days

If I hafta wear one, I may as well look good doing it

If I shoot a deer this year, I will probably take a picture with the mask on.

If I shoot a moose this year, I will for sure wear a mask for the picture because I didnt get the moose draw!!! Lol
Old 08-03-2020, 04:49 PM

I have to say,the women tend to look better to me now with masks on. Must leave more to my imagination.
No doubt I would look better to with a mask on.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:21 PM

Default Calgary

Had to go for groceries today and most everybody in Superstore was wearing a mask but were not wearing gloves. It seems that many people will respond when something is mandated by law, with a significant penalty, and enforced.

It seems that our random camping areas should be the next ones on the block or we are going to lose them to the many who have no respect for the outdoors and who will continue to abuse them, just as they are now.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
I have to say,the women tend to look better to me now with masks on. Must leave more to my imagination.
No doubt I would look better to with a mask on.
Covid19 may just help ugly people get lucky as a side effect lol
Old 08-03-2020, 09:06 PM

So.....Should we be wearing masks? Can't believe there hasn't been consensus yet.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:28 PM

how to properly put on and take off a mask since most people don't know how:

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2010-...IOSHPUB2010131

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 08-04-2020, 02:23 AM

Can tall people just wear a snorkel? Does speaking moistly defy gravity?
Old 08-04-2020, 05:54 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I just bought some camo ones, one with moose on it and two more with deer to be delivered in a couple days

If I hafta wear one, I may as well look good doing it

If I shoot a deer this year, I will probably take a picture with the mask on.

If I shoot a moose this year, I will for sure wear a mask for the picture because I didnt get the moose draw!!! Lol

Couple mask ideas for you....

Old 08-04-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
So.....Should we be wearing masks? Can't believe there hasn't been consensus yet.
There was a consensus when SAR's hit that the masks were essentially useless and only provided little protection to health care workers when direct exposure was an issue. Even then the later plans required full face masks with Organic Vapor cartridges. Truthfully I think the wearing of a mask is a placebo so the government looks like they are doing something. If they are so effective why did they stop the free mask program? Why aren't they mandated across the entire province? The country? Globally? Why is it that many places where it is mandated still has huge infected population? Many of these places that we hail for controlling the infection so well did crazy things like closing the border much sooner or truly quarantining the infected.

Oh on a side note, the LRT was packed today, easily 5 times what I have seen since this started. Forget social distancing now. I counted 41 people not wearing masks over the course of 20 minutes. If these masks make such a difference why was there no enforcement? After all its going to be a cash cow for police now.

Old 08-04-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog15 View Post
Had to go for groceries today and most everybody in Superstore was wearing a mask but were not wearing gloves. It seems that many people will respond when something is mandated by law, with a significant penalty, and enforced.

It seems that our random camping areas should be the next ones on the block or we are going to lose them to the many who have no respect for the outdoors and who will continue to abuse them, just as they are now.
So we should wear masks outdoors as well? LOL
Old 08-04-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse34567 View Post
So we should wear masks outdoors as well? LOL
I think the mask wearers should be wearing goggles as well. It it saves just one life...

IMG_3380.JPG

Getting beyond ridiculous
Old 08-04-2020, 08:37 AM

You don’t want to wear the ribbon!.( mask) https://youtu.be/3iV8X8ubGCc
Old 08-04-2020, 09:18 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post

Ironic.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post

Hey I don't even look close to that old!

Old 08-04-2020, 05:21 PM

It's no worse than the flu. Sarcasm.
https://nationalpost.com/diseases-an...-f2b3c00167aa/

Thomas Sowell
Old 08-05-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
I think the mask wearers should be wearing goggles as well. It it saves just one life...

Attachment 165888

Getting beyond ridiculous
I’m with you, people can’t see the stats in Alberta ?
Old 08-05-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
It's no worse than the flu. Sarcasm.
https://nationalpost.com/diseases-an...-f2b3c00167aa/
Looky that. Article states the virus enters thru the nose, mouth, and eyes.
And those pushing for masks aren't pushing for goggles? Hmmm
If donning goggles saves just one life......everyone should be doing it.
What say you advocates of masks?
Old 08-05-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Looky that. Article states the virus enters thru the nose, mouth, and eyes.
And those pushing for masks aren't pushing for goggles? Hmmm
If donning goggles saves just one life......everyone should be doing it.
What say you advocates of masks?
Remember the ones advocating for masks are doing it to protect others not themselves. They will take on the disease so you don't. Unfortunately when most of them touch there masks repeatedly then touch everything else in sight it really defeats the purpose. Saw lots of that last night in Costco.

Social distance and wash your hands will do more.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=Scott h;4212551]
Quote:

The amount of energy people expend to do dumb things astounds me......
No kidding.

I'm not a fan of wearing one but if a store asks me to, I just put it on and don't make us some lame excuse as to why I can't wear one or make a big scene.

I find these anti maskers to be just a little too much. Put the thing on for the 5-10 min your going to be in the store, it dosent have to be a difficult situation.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
Remember the ones advocating for masks are doing it to protect others not themselves. They will take on the disease so you don't. Unfortunately when most of them touch there masks repeatedly then touch everything else in sight it really defeats the purpose. Saw lots of that last night in Costco.

Social distance and wash your hands will do more.
Haha. You're missing the sarcasm emoji....I truly hope.
Otherwise
That's an eyeroll in case you're wondering
Old 08-05-2020, 10:03 PM

[QUOTE=does it ALL outdoors;4214009]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post

No kidding.

I'm not a fan of wearing one but if a store asks me to, I just put it on and don't make us some lame excuse as to why I can't wear one or make a big scene.

I find these anti maskers to be just a little too much. Put the thing on for the 5-10 min your going to be in the store, it dosent have to be a difficult situation.
IMG_3346.jpg
Old 08-05-2020, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Haha. You're missing the sarcasm emoji....I truly hope.
Otherwise
That's an eyeroll in case you're wondering
Just an observation. Go people watch and see how many are doing it wrong.

I work at a dealership, they installed screens to protect the service advisers like most places have. Be surprised how many people come in , pull down their
mask and try to talk around the screen. Then pull up mask, go to coffee machine and touch it. They will come right up to you with a mask that will do nothing to protect themselves but if not wearing one keep distance.

Masks are a great idea if used properly. So many people think they are invincible with them on. They don't practice proper hand hygiene. I really don't feel safer because you wear a mask and want to come right beside me.

I get how it transmits in the eyes and nose as well. That's what makes the ones who freak out the most with the cheap masks that do nothing the worst.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogie View Post
Just an observation. Go people watch and see how many are doing it wrong.

I work at a dealership, they installed screens to protect the service advisers like most places have. Be surprised how many people come in , pull down their
mask and try to talk around the screen. Then pull up mask, go to coffee machine and touch it. They will come right up to you with a mask that will do nothing to protect themselves but if not wearing one keep distance.

Masks are a great idea if used properly. So many people think they are invincible with them on. They don't practice proper hand hygiene. I really don't feel safer because you wear a mask and want to come right beside me.

I get how it transmits in the eyes and nose as well. That's what makes the ones who freak out the most with the cheap masks that do nothing the worst.
I wasn't responding to the improper use of masks. I very much agree that most will be used improperly. How many actually even know how to take gloves off to avoid infection?
What I was commenting on was the statement that those people advocating for masks are doing it to protect others, not themselves.
That I have a very hard time believing.
Best way to avoid infecting others is to avoid infection yourself. Correct? Good piece of PPE to avoid said infection would be goggles. How many here will voluntarily wear goggles?
Old 08-05-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I wasn't responding to the improper use of masks. I very much agree that most will be used improperly. How many actually even know how to take gloves off to avoid infection?
What I was commenting on was the statement that those people advocating for masks are doing it to protect others, not themselves.
Best way to avoid infecting others is to avoid infection yourself. Correct? Good piece of PPE to avoid said infection would be goggles. How many here will voluntarily wear goggles?
A great way to protect yourself is if everyone complies and wears a mask. Masks won’t do much when 30% of the population refuse to comply. If I wear a mask it protects you. If you Wear a mask to protect me, then the system has a much better chance of working.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
I'm starting to see quite a lot of face shields in use. I assume that those wearing them find it more comfortable than wearing a mask, and it's certainly cooler. That being said, if you're in and enclosed area, with a potentially high chance of being in contact with infectious material, eye protection is very important. A good set of clear riding glasses from MEC work perfect.