Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-30-2020, 11:58 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So you are telling us that the average weight of a Canadian is 250lbs? Or is 250lbs the exception?
waddle over to wally world and take a look at the general population or go to the beach....good god I say....many can drop 90 plus pounds and good on Tire Bob to take control of his weight as it will dramatically improve his overall health.....fish/salad/water...cardio.....

I like threads like this as they bounce around a bit but like many regarding the covid crap we will abide by what is best for the majority of our population not just some...the some will continue to attempt to buck the system and then when the law steps in its police brutality....ohhh another thread in the making …..

going fishing now....alone...in my yak....going to catch covid'eyes.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-30-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichaud View Post
1. It boils down to trust. Any time a government enacts legislation that impinges one's freedoms, a critical eye in required. In this case we have a municipal government enacting bylaws pertaining to what is essentially a global medical issue.

2. The efficacy of masks is in question. Neither Dr Tam nor Dr Hinshaw have directed that masks are required in all public places/private business. They have recommended them where maintaining 2 meters is not possible.

3. Credibility of experts is increasingly in question based on evolving science and data that is often conflicting and has thus resulted in conflicting recommendations. Dr Tam initially said masks were not effective and may be harmful. The head of the Dutch medical agency has expressed that masks are largely ineffective in the battle against COVID 19 as recently as yesterday.

4. The most "at risk" population based on the data appears to be the elderly and this is in hospitals and long term care facilities. Average age of death is 83. Out of 190 deaths, only 15 were under the age of 70. I believe most would agree that masking up in extended care homes and hospitals is best practice. I personally would extend this to aircraft, movie theatres, and sports events (the minimum 2 meter distance is unable to be maintained).

5. Seasonal flu in 2018/19 season(9 month duration) killed 52 Albertans. There were 7698 hospital diagnosed cases, 1976 people hospitalized, and 228 ICU admissions. At no point was the public instructed to wear masks and there seems to be no discussion about whether this is a requirement going forward.

6. There is a lack of trust in the media. Blame it on lazy journalism, excessive "opinion" and "analysis" columns, domestic politics (ie govt funded media). centralized private media ownership, foreign state actors, or C (all of the above). This creates mistrust and leaves the public questioning motives.

7. Lastly, and this is conjecture, as Canadians, I suspect that many see the wearing of masks outside of specific situations as surrendering to fear - the fear of death, the fear of the unknown, and fear of lack of control over this disease.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:25 PM

From what I can find doing google searches is "any medical or non-medical masks or other covering that fully covers the nose, mouth and chin." is acceptable as a mask. I'm really not sure how scarfs or granny's crochet mask is going to provide any sort of protection for the wearer or those around them but I guess if it makes you feel safe....
Old 07-30-2020, 12:30 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
It's good that you lost 90lbs, but anyone that really cares about their health would never get 90lbs over weight. Many people could lose 20-40lbs for health reasons, but 90-100, is not typical, even for our society.
Most of those people, myself included, who have underlying issues and injury that lead one down the road and fall into heavy depression can't just pull themselves out of it as easily as all that. It has nothing to do with "caring" but if you have never struggled with it to the degree many have, you probably couldn't understand.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 07-30-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
From what I can find doing google searches is "any medical or non-medical masks or other covering that fully covers the nose, mouth and chin." is acceptable as a mask. I'm really not sure how scarfs or granny's crochet mask is going to provide any sort of protection for the wearer or those around them but I guess if it makes you feel safe....
They won't keep you safe, just like the other masks that people are wearing won't, but they will prevent you from getting a ticket, and they will make some people feel safer.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Actually, many people see this restriction as nothing more than virtue signaling. The peak of the pandemic is over, and if masks were not required in the past, it's hard to justify why they would all of a sudden be a consideration now that things are getting back to normal. And the mistrust held by many people, is also based on the lack of trust for the Edmonton mayor and council.
For most healthy people that's exactly what it is. And those that believe they appear to be virtuous love to point out others whom they can exploit to make themselves appear even more virtuous.
The ridiculing message has already started -"if you don't wear a mask you just don't care".

How about I just listen to smarter, more educated people?

The top doctor in Alberta hasn't requested that masks be mandatory.
The top doctor in Canada hasn't requested that masks be mandatory.

But the ever-virtuous Nenshi and never-to-be-outdone Iveson say they're mandatory and no one questions it? Seriously?

No wonder Trudeau was re-elected.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:37 PM

I am pretty sure it went unanswered before so I'll ask again...When and why did the narrative change?

The original narrative was something to the effect of, most of us will catch this eventually but we don't want everyone catching it at once and wind up over-whelming hospitals, medical resources, etc.

Now the narrative seems to be something to the effect of, mask up, social distance, so on and so forth to prevent yourself from catching covid or unwittingly spreading the super deadly virus around.

Also, which time were the bureaucrat doctors lying... the time they said, masks are not effective for the general population? Or the time they said masks are very helpful for preventing the spread of the scary virus in public settings and day to day life?

It seems to me there are as many health professionals that think wandering around in public with a mask on his stupid as there are ones that think it's a great idea.

Also, plenty of "studies" to corroborate both stories.... and plenty of forum users ready to refute someone's favourite internet source with their very own favourite internet source....and then really go for the kill by backing it up with their favourite internet vetting source which is better than anyone else's internet vetting source...

I'm on board with extra precautions at hospitals, clinics, assisted living facilities, etc. Many people there are very vulnerable to a number of health issues that most of us would brush off.

Aside from that, protect yourself if you're scared. Most people that won't be wearing masks are the type that have been social distancing before social distancing was a thing.

Something else to consider is this... way back before covid came about, how many people at any given time were walking around this country while receiving chemo therapy? Tens of thousands I would have to think...maybe even more. These people have compromised immune systems and a common cold or flu can be very bad and even deadly for them. How many of the maskers on AOF were going about their day wearing masks prior to covid to protect these vulnerable people? Probably none. That's b/c we expect a population to behave in a way that suits the majority, vulnerable outliers need to be accountable for themselves and rely on the people close to them to help with that.

Some years back when my wife was on chemo we didn't take the whole "you're immune system is compromised and you're highly susceptible to infection and that can be very bad" bit too seriously. She ended up with a 1 week stay in the hospital over that one. Who was at fault there, everyone else for not protecting her from coming in contact with common bacteria and viruses or was it us for not taking her health vulnerability serious enough?
Old 07-30-2020, 12:49 PM

I’m going to leave this here. This is not my write up, I do not claim any credit for it. Taken from another discussion forum. Food for thought.

———————

This write up consists of the most concise critical dates, and happenings for evidential proof of global conspiracy against the American People, and of the globe. There is so much more, but that's for you my fellow Americans, and global community to research yourselves. I will give as many links as I can, but social media, and search engine giants are purposely burying all they can. *

The Marxist official Narrative, and Topic are at stake. All information standing in the way of the global deep state tyrants,and their goals, by default is bad; thus either subject to hiding, or new 'accredited' contradictions. Lives are, and will be on the line.

October 2019
Wuhan,Hubei China,a world manufacturing giant, was having serious financial issues due to US trade sanctions; rumors of bank runs, and civil unrest were wide spread. China was also dealing with massive civil unrest in Hong Kong[1]. The virus 'broke out' the next month[2], giving the CCP an excuse to lockdown the city, then the province, then almost all of China; there's ample evidence to show this was by design to hide a failing economy. *At the same time,

Globalist Bill Gates, and other knowing, or unknowing collaborators held Event 201[1]. Officially it was a mock Coronavirus global outbreak, designed to mitigate how all interested parties would work together on controlling it. *The next month, it went live. *

In this mix, amid ongoing public attacks from the global deep state working towards an authoritarian Marxist regime, *
Trump wrote on Twitter.,“As I learn more and more each day, I am coming to the conclusion that what is taking place is not an impeachment, it is a COUP, intended to take away the Power of the People, their VOTE, their Freedoms, their Second Amendment, Religion, Military, Border Wall, and their God-given rights as a Citizen of The United States of America!”[2] Looking back at his words today, I think most of us would get a chill.....

November 2019
The beginning of the greatest false flag, and profit money scheme of our lifetimes began. The fraud was, and is massive on a global scale; encompassing the majority of media outlets, financially vested private sector, journals, and large segments of government(s). Even today, with the evidence outlined here in, the lies ruthlessly protect the official Marxist Narrative, and topic. Up until recently, it seemed like only a few African countries were aware of the deception. *

January-February 2020, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, said,"The Chinese government has been methodical in the way it's analyzed our system... it's assessed our vulnerabilities and it's decided to exploit our freedoms, to gain an advantage over us at the federal level, the state level and the local level."[3] Again, a slight chill in seeing what he said, playing out. In late January to February, President Trump with the intelligence available to him at the time, tried to halt flights from China[21], Europe, and close borders to halt the spread of the virus. He was ridiculed by the Marxists, and their deep state perpetrators as being xenophobic. The Liberal Marxist Governors now demanding masks, and lock downs encouraged their constituents to celebrate the Chinese New Year, and generally go out, and mingle, socialize.[19][20] Reviewing the timeline, it's not a stretch to claim they purposely were trying to get people infected.

March-April 2020 Do to the power of the global united effort to present SARS-COV-2 as unstoppable, President Trump using caution, in an unknown time, and crisis devised by the global deep state,"began advising citizens at the end of last month to stay home, and by the end of March, 32 out of 50 states had locked down.[4] During this time, New York was heavily hit, perhaps due to encouragement to celebrate, and socialize. Gov. Andrew Cuomo, "On March 25, Cuomo, saying he feared that an onslaught of COVID victims would overwhelm hospitals, issued an order that required nursing homes to accept COVID-19 patients being discharged from hospitals, so long as they were “medically stable.” Under the policy, the nursing homes receiving the patients were barred from testing the patients to see if they might still be contagious."[22} Purposefully spreading the virus to one of the most vulnerable groups among us. As the old saying goes, you're only as strong as your weakest link. *Why did Cuomo do this?

It was also during April when many doctors started speaking out; such as Cameron Kyle-Sidell, MD; regarding the ongoing misuse of ventilators;[23] which are causing deaths. Once this news broke, the deep state, and collaborators flooded the media outlets with distractions aimed at dividing, and sowing civil unrest; as an apparent means of redirection of the people's attention. Pay attention to the use of this tactic, it's now used on a daily, ever increasing basis.

May2020

This was a big month. Our President, announced a common, and readily available drug as being a promising drug, and perhaps a cure for SARS-COV-2, PresidentTrump said he started taking hydroxychloroquine because he thinks “it’s good” and has “heard a lot of good stories.” But there is no published data showing that the medication protects against infection with the coronavirus, and experts recommend such use only within clinical trials.[6] When you're the elected lone rebel leader of the silent majority, short of assassination, there just aren't too many options available in regards to spilling the beans on the real deal cure, fact!

President Trump's announcement resulted in a larger, but already ongoing smear campaign against him, and subsequently our fellow American People. *Those involved included the legacy media establishment, and social media giants; along with a whole host of financially vested medical industry related companies[25]. Using medical professionals[25], and others 'for hire'[25], they lambasted our elected President; insults, insinuations, and straight up lies by medical professionals[25], and corporations ensued[25],"The Lancet, one of the world’s top medical journals, on Thursday retracted an influential study that raised alarms about the safety of the experimental Covid-19 treatments chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine amid scrutiny of the data underlying the paper."[7]

With as large of a false flag deception as this is, with so many things at stake, it must hit us from all sides, at all times:""The war of Internet public opinion is of vital importance to the life and death of the regime of the People’s Republic of China. For the prosperity and strength of our motherland and the revitalization of the Chinese nation, all online commentators should always be prepared to defend the country’s Internet firewall with their intelligence and diligence.[8] *

At this point, the false flag, and Ponzi scheme were stumbling; Trump announced what so many doctors are now touting as the cure[13]. *President Trump's HydroxyChloroquine needed to be buried! After many attempts to discredit our elected President, the perpetrators, and their control network brought an old scheme to the forefront, social division, ensuing Chaos, as a major redirection[24] of the people's interests. *Opportunity struck for them, like the Virus saved the CCP in Wuhan from having 2 provinces in civil unrest. *On May 25, 2020 George "Kirby"[9] Floyd was killed by police. *At this point, the predatory Narrative, and Topic for SARS-COV-2, took a back seat to protests funded by global collaborators of the greater scheme[10]. *You all know what BLM is, I won't go into many details, but they are an open Marxist front. The global deep state continues to push riots, and civil unrest, while at the same time their legacy media outlets publish articles admonishing these riots from any blame of the spread; squarely pointing the finger of disease outbreak, on the prudent silent majority. *

June to Present 2020
The continued lockdowns never end, and now they're requiring at the hottest time of year, masks. *They don't care what sort, and hardly give any details about wearing, or proper care for masks. *It isn't about safety, it's a psychological operation geared at literal, and symbolic silencing, and furthermore destruction of our 1st Amendment; Freedom of Speech. Just as the psychological effect of the word social, instead of,'physical' when distancing *A study published in 2015 confirms the uselessness, and harmful side effects of cloth masks,"The rates of all infection outcomes were highest in the cloth mask arm, with the rate of ILI statistically significantly higher in the cloth mask arm (relative risk (RR)=13.00, 95% CI 1.69 to 100.07) compared with the medical mask arm. Cloth masks also had significantly higher rates of ILI compared with the control arm. An analysis by mask use showed ILI (RR=6.64, 95% CI 1.45 to 28.65) and laboratory-confirmed virus (RR=1.72, 95% CI 1.01 to 2.94) were significantly higher in the cloth masks group compared with the medical masks group. Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%".[11] Awareness of this study has broadened, causing numorous reactionary articles, and new studies; all that I've seen are very ambiguous, with legalize throughout in what appears to limit the liability due to the exposure of the greatest false flag, and Ponzi scheme in our lifetimes. *

our economy is in the tank, I could link a million articles regarding this, but it's as simple as reading the financials; an easy site, very Marxist orientated to read is: marketwatch.com. *We're in trouble folks.

Today is July 28

I'll wrap this up. *We have groups of doctors speaking out now, in regards to falsified numbers, the falsified death certificates, and the reasons behind them.

Kristine Held,M.D[12] wrote,"The COVID-19 case counts, hospitalization numbers, and death counts are meaningless in their current form of fluid morphability. The malleability serves mainly those who seek to manipulate reality. The numbers are reported then manipulated by federal, state, county, city, and hospital authorities and agencies to name a few. *The manipulation is driven by power and money and fueled by fear mongering, panic stoking, and promise of monetary and political gain. All this is bought and paid for under the guise of trying to save the world from the COVID-19 pandemic."[13]

The American Association of Physicians, and Surgeons(AAPS)[14], recently released their Physician Letter: Reopen America:"We, the undersigned physicians, respectfully and urgently request that our country’s businesses and schools be allowed to reopen.

We value every life lost to the novel virus COVID 19, but countless other people have paid an enormous toll as well. *

Our patients have suffered needlessly in pain and physical decline with disease progression because of short-sighted government edicts to stop all non-emergency care that is unrelated to COVID19. *Some patients now face inevitable death because the diagnosis and treatments were delayed too long. *Too many of our patients have suffered far more from the psychological, physical, and economic effects of the shutdown of communities and businesses than the direct impact of COVID 19 itself......"[15] *Their 'letter' is worth the read, it's only about a page, and has great fact finding links at the bottom, including an interactive map of actual confirmed cases[16]; as opposed to the 'assumed' cases which according to Dr. Kristine Held, is approximately 17 to every one confirmed case. *

To further convince you, I also recommend a highly suppressed video by all social media, and search engines. It's only available on Brighteon.com. Search title,"American Doctors Address COVID-19 Misinformation(link not included as it is blacklisted on social media), A consensus of doctors speaking on Capitol Hill. They refute the official Narrative, and Topic by stating they can successfully treat SARS-COV-2 with Hydroxychloroquine, and we need to reopen. These brave professionals like so many others, are putting their reputations, careers, and licensing on the line to bring us the truth.

Why does all of this matter?

Our elected President Donald J. Trump was right about HydroxyChloroquine. We the American People who elected him are under attack by hypocrites in it for the money; sometimes they wear their masks, sometimes they don't[17], and often times they exempt themselves as they view themselves above the mandates for the common American People[18]. Worse yet, once caught, they prove they're incapable of admitting wrong, by way of deflection, and using reactionary excuses[17].

A few days ago, President Donald J. Trump, excitedly remarked on the progress of the vaccines[26]. He specifically mentioned Moderna in Texas as what many took as a clue where to look for 'something'. In deed, discovered very disturbing details. *I do believe our elected President is doing his best, but is up against turncoats, and traitors all along the way, that have been promised rewards, and safe passage in exchange for their cooperation in defrauding the American People, and Peoples of the globe. *If you read the AAPS reopen America letter, Kristine Held,M.D., and actually a whole host of other brave American doctors, including Dr. Andrew Kaufman, you know this is an open, and shut case; the cure is at hand, just as President Trump said months ago. *So what of Moderna[26] in Texas? *

The page in question is titled: "mRNA Strategic Collaborators"[26].* These are the folks who'll be designing this never before seen vaccine; which has had troubling outcomes when used on lab animals.*The partners are mix of think tanks, The Bill, and Melinda Gates Foundation[2], and a few private pharmaceutical companies[25][27][28][29]. I'm not going to cover the think tanks; there's plenty of information out there on them.

The pharmaceutical companies are Moderna[30], AstraZeneca[25], and Merck[27][28], and Vectex Pharmaceuticals[29].

AstraZeneca, and Merck, both have a history with the U.S. Dept of Justice*

AstraZeneca??? BRACE YOURSELVES: "The United States contends that AstraZeneca promoted the unapproved uses by improperly and unduly influencing the content of, and speakers, in company-sponsored continuing medical education programs. The company also engaged doctors to give promotional speaker programs on unapproved uses for Seroquel and to conduct studies on unapproved uses of Seroquel. In addition, the company recruited doctors to serve as authors of articles that were ghostwritten by medical literature companies and about studies the doctors in question did not conduct. AstraZeneca then used those studies and articles as the basis for promotional messages about unapproved uses of Seroquel."........"The United States also contends that AstraZeneca violated the federal Anti-Kickback Statute by offering and paying illegal remuneration to doctors it recruited to serve as authors of articles written by AstraZeneca and its agents about the unapproved uses of Seroquel. AstraZeneca also offered and paid illegal remuneration to doctors to travel to resort locations to "advise" AstraZeneca about marketing messages for unapproved uses of Seroquel, and paid doctors to give promotional lectures to other health care professionals about unapproved and unaccepted uses of Seroquel. The United States contends that these payments were intended to induce the doctors to prescribe Seroquel for unapproved uses in violation of the federal Anti-Kickback Statute."[25]

Merch Pharmaceuticals had to pay out nearly a billion dollars for their little 'mistake',"The settlement resolves allegations that Merck representatives made inaccurate, unsupported, or misleading statements about Vioxx’s cardiovascular safety in order to increase sales of the drug, resulting in payments by the federal government. "*"Merck made false statements to state Medicaid agencies about the cardiovascular safety of Vioxx, and that those agencies relied on Merck’s false claims in making payment decisions about the drug"[27][28]

CONCLUSION:

Is what is written above, and linked below, evidential proof of a global conspiracy against the American People, and of the globe. I think so. Our elected President Donald J. Trump, is doing his best under the circumstances. He's acted when, and where others have thrown up roadblocks. He gave us the cure months ago, and now vindicated; as a consensus of doctors are speaking out in defense of HydroxyCloroquine, zinc, and a few other available, and inexpensive ingredients.

Yet the Official Marxist Narrative, and Topic is still at hand. The vaccine, thank god for the President giving clues, is being orchestrated by what appears to be medical gangsters; Al Capone would be besides himself, and feel like a small potato compared to how these gangsters operate.

Their global Authoritarian push shows they're confident that people are naive, and dumbed down enough; they're close to their goal for world domination, subjugation, and population control.

They want to take our freedoms, our self-determination, and replace it with a reactionary Marxist culture. By implementing the mask mandates, they can easily sneak in battalions of foreign troops, which otherwise once seen in groups, would give alarm by showing their regional ethnic distinctions.

END OF DAY.

[1] [link to www.nytimes.com (secure)]
[2] [link to centerforhealthsecurity.org (secure)]
[3] [link to www.washingtonpost.com (secure)]
[4] [link to www.foxnews.com (secure)]
[5] [link to www.express.co.uk (secure)]
[6] [link to www.factcheck.org (secure)]
[7] [link to www.statnews.com (secure)]
[8] [link to www.jenniferzengblog.com (secure)]
[9] [link to www.foxnews.com (secure)]
[10] [link to www.naturalnews.com (secure)]
[11] [link to bmjopen.bmj.com (secure)]
[12] [link to theconservativepundit.net (secure)]
[13] [link to krisheldmd.wordpress.com (secure)]
[14] [link to aapsonline.org (secure)]
[15] [link to aapsonline.org (secure)]
[16] [link to usafacts.org (secure)]
[17] [link to nypost.com (secure)]
[18] [link to justthenews.com (secure)]
[19] [link to www.governor.ny.gov (secure)]
[20] [link to www.gov.ca.gov (secure)]
[21] [link to www.nytimes.com (secure)]
[22] [link to www.propublica.org (secure)]
[23] [link to www.medscape.com (secure)]
[24] [link to www.dictionary.com (secure)]
[25] [link to www.justice.gov (secure)]
[26] [link to www.modernatx.com (secure)]
[27] [link to www.justice.gov (secure)]
[28] [link to www.justice.gov (secure)]
[29] [link to www.statnews.com (secure)]
[30] [link to news.yahoo.com (secure)]

Last edited by AlpineFlyFisher; 07-30-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:01 PM

Surgical masks and surgical gloves should be mandated for anyone who steps outside their personal residence.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
Surgical masks and surgical gloves should be mandated for anyone who steps outside their personal residence.
No thanks
Old 07-30-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Old 07-30-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
You are entitled to your opinions.
However, so am I.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
And put your head in the sand. Dont forget that part either.

And they should be free and someone should tell you who to listen to and when. And they should have some sort of symbol to indicate they are the one i should listen to.

And i shouldnt ask questions but just do it, when I am told to.

End sarcasm.

Masks and gloves dont work in a community unless you CONSTANTLY change and discard them. The countries with the gretaest track record are the ones to listen to. Canada is not one of them.

A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody.
-Thomas Paine
Old 07-30-2020, 01:16 PM

If everyone was already doing what they should.
Masks or anything else would not have to be mandated.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
And put your head in the sand. Dont forget that part either.

And they should be free and someone should tell you who to listen to and when. And they should have some sort of symbol to indicate they are the one i should listen to.

And i shouldnt ask questions but just do it, when I am told to.

End sarcasm.

Masks and gloves dont work in a community unless you CONSTANTLY change and discard them. The countries with the gretaest track record are the ones to listen to. Canada is not one of them.
I know how masks and gloves work.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon View Post
I am pretty sure it went unanswered before so I'll ask again...When and why did the narrative change?

Also, plenty of "studies" to corroborate both stories.... and plenty of forum users ready to refute someone's favourite internet source with their very own favourite internet source.
I sincerely hope your wife has recovered. I have a close relative who deals every day with a compromised immune system so I know how harrowing it can be.

I believe the narrative regarding masks changed as the evidence in favour of wearing them became overwhelming. At first, authorities were very slow to react, especially the WHO. As part of the UN, they are hampered by more than the usual dose of politics. As far as Canada and Alberta go, just look at the opposition being voiced on this forum when we are simply being asked to wear a mask when we voluntarily enter a public place. It's no wonder that civil servants are careful about what they say.

As one of those who likes to quote "studies", can you point to recent primary sources that advise against mask wearing? I haven't seen anyone quoting such studies as they whine about having to wear a mask. What I have seen is posters trying to get out of wearing a real mask by talking about bandanas and crocheting. They remind me of the people who used to fight against seat belts in cars.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I know how masks and gloves work.
Goodness, and you still think its a good idea then? If people didnt do the 6ft and wash your hands well you think masks and gloves will work? Adding equipment with more steps to take would seem backward.

A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody.
-Thomas Paine
Old 07-30-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
I sincerely hope your wife has recovered. I have a close relative who deals every day with a compromised immune system so I know how harrowing it can be.

I believe the narrative regarding masks changed as the evidence in favour of wearing them became overwhelming. At first, authorities were very slow to react, especially the WHO. As part of the UN, they are hampered by more than the usual dose of politics. As far as Canada and Alberta go, just look at the opposition being voiced on this forum when we are simply being asked to wear a mask when we voluntarily enter a public place. It's no wonder that civil servants are careful about what they say.

As one of those who likes to quote "studies", can you point to recent primary sources that advise against mask wearing? I haven't seen anyone quoting such studies as they whine about having to wear a mask. What I have seen is posters trying to get out of wearing a real mask by talking about bandanas and crocheting. They remind me of the people who used to fight against seat belts in cars.
Well said.

I will continue to wear a surgical or N95 mask and surgical gloves.
I am not going to make myself or anyone else ill if I can help it.
Some people have a larger portion of personal ethics and integrity than others.
Period.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
They remind me of the people who used to fight against seat belts in cars.
Uhhhh, find me some medical professionals that ever said seatbelts wont work and arent responsible.

And your research isnt as open minded as you claim it to be.

The WHO is also not subject to the beaurocratic whims o f the UN. They are however subject to the beaurocratic whims of their funding and have been acting as a political entity not a medical one for decades.

I put forward clean water in Africa as an example and their shenanigans with Nestle and China. They sold out to the highest bidder there and always will.

-Thomas Paine
Old 07-30-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Well said.

Period.
Stating you have any moral authority over what others do is hilarious.

Fauci just recently stated people should wear goggles as well LOL.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
Uhhhh, find me some medical professionals that ever said seatbelts wont work and arent responsible.

And your research isnt as open minded as you claim it to be.
I didn't say that medical professionals were opposed to seat belt use. I said that the people who fight against wearing masks are like the people who tried to get out of wearing seat belts. The science supports taking both precautions.

Please provide links to primary sources that show masks are ineffective. Thanks.

In what way have my various Google searches not been open-minded? I just Googled "are masks effective against Covid-19?". The first half-dozen urls recommend wearing masks. That seems open-minded to me. I asked the question, not the answers.

Last edited by sk270; 07-30-2020 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:

They remind me of the people who used to fight against seat belts in cars.
I still don't wear one

That outta hurt some feelers
Old 07-30-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
I still don't wear one

That outta hurt some feelers
Sure hope you don't get into any vehicle accidents. Sincerely. I've had the experience both with and without seat belts and belts are better.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:35 PM

I think that a larger percentage of people that are so vehemently against wearing a mask while in public spaces are likely the same people that still think this is just a bad flue and is not going to affect them personally because they are either (in their own minds) fit or young or in some other way magically immune to death by a thousand cuts.
Likely the same mentality that tells them it’s no problem to go to the beach at Sylvan or Wabamun because ,hey the odds are in their favour so giver.

To the rest of us , they pose the most danger because if the mask is such an infringement, the other precautions are as as well.

They justify their actions in their own minds by thinking it’s somehow an infringement on their rights ,and those who do follow the guidelines are doing so because they are weak minded ,weak bodied and afraid of death.. sheeple is a popular term .

Wear the damn mask and get over yourself I say. It’s not that hard to do, nobody is going to make fun of you or think your weak. Nobody is going to ask you to turn in your man card if you put others safety ahead of your own.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Actually, many people see this restriction as nothing more than virtue signaling. The peak of the pandemic is over, and if masks were not required in the past, it's hard to justify why they would all of a sudden be a consideration now that things are getting back to normal. And the mistrust held by many people, is also based on the lack of trust for the Edmonton mayor and council.
Most places were shutdown during that time and people were staying home. I didnt wear a mask at home, dont think many did.

Now they are opening things up and asking people to wear masks.

Appears to be to much to ask of fellow Albertans.

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 07-30-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Well said.

Period.
You just nailed the Urban dictionary definition. Period.

Virtue Signalling:
'Vir-chu _ Sig-nahl-ing'

-"To take a conspicuous and often useless action ostensibly to support a good cause, but actually to show off how much more moral you are than everybody else."
Old 07-30-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post

Virtue Signalling:
'Vir-chu _ Sig-nahl-ing'

-"To take a conspicuous and often useless action ostensibly to support a good cause, but actually to show off how much more moral you are than everybody else."
You seem to be implying that wearing masks is useless. If that is the case, please cite your sources. Everyone who doesn't like being asked to wear a mask is trying to say there is no reason to do so. I'd like one of you to provide a link to some primary sources for your beliefs.

Thank you.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post

Virtue Signalling:
'Vir-chu _ Sig-nahl-ing'

lol. Awesome
Old 07-30-2020, 02:55 PM

I wonder if smoking cigarettes is healthy?

Anyone ever research that....?

I’ve alway believed it was a govt globalist scheme to make us people compliant and attack innocent law abiding business owners.

Just some os the evidence I’ve found.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 07-30-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I think that a larger percentage of people that are so vehemently against wearing a mask while in public spaces are likely the same people that still think this is just a bad flue and is not going to affect them personally because they are either (in their own minds) fit or young or in some other way magically immune to death by a thousand cuts.
Likely the same mentality that tells them it’s no problem to go to the beach at Sylvan or Wabamun because ,hey the odds are in their favour so giver.

To the rest of us , they pose the most danger because if the mask is such an infringement, the other precautions are as as well.

They justify their actions in their own minds by thinking it’s somehow an infringement on their rights ,and those who do follow the guidelines are doing so because they are weak minded ,weak bodied and afraid of death.. sheeple is a popular term .

Wear the damn mask and get over yourself I say. It’s not that hard to do, nobody is going to make fun of you or think your weak. Nobody is going to ask you to turn in your man card if you put others safety ahead of your own.
Good post!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.