Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-07-2015, 02:05 PM

I'll be there june 15-18

Had an absolute blast last year.

If anyone has any tips it would be great, the first day we were out was very slow but the next three really picked up!!

Only problem is I cant find the jigs they liked! It was my old stash and mr twister doesn't make them anymore!
Old 05-07-2015, 02:06 PM

I wish I had pictures still to show you guys what that road can do.. After a few years of going to Winefred with my 1775 Lund the transom started to pull away at the gunnel.. The two support brackets both snapped. The windshield broke, my travel cover snaps broke... It damn near wrecked my boat.

Sold the boat, ate my losses, and only go back now with a tinner.

We take these risks in life, not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us. Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams. - No Fear

http://youtu.be/3JbTBYk7xII

http://youtu.be/Ujl2kz1M8y8
Old 05-07-2015, 02:17 PM

I went in there to Grist while we had that big warm snap in March. What a nightmere but road to Pauls was great. fishing was dead though on Fred
Old 05-07-2015, 03:22 PM

Ya don't pull your boat in there unless you want more screws loose than the ones in your head.

Mid June the fishing is still very good but the Walleye bite tends to be more on and many of the big mother pike have retreated to deeper water and are harder to catch once they've spawned out, fed and moved out of the shallows. Great time of year for Walters though, i know a cpl spots near the river inlets but you'll need a depth finder as the shelf's are far from shore. PM me for details.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Banned

Can't a guy just drive slow for the last 15km? I've been down some real nasty trails before without wrecking anything on my truck, I can only imagine if I had a 17ft Lund behind my truck id most likely keep a light foot.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Can't a guy just drive slow for the last 15km? I've been down some real nasty trails before without wrecking anything on my truck, I can only imagine if I had a 17ft Lund behind my truck id most likely keep a light foot.
Light foot, take your time. I can't remember if you said you had a rock guard or not, would recommend one. It's do able, don't get me wrong, but like I said I messed a boat up pretty good from hauling it in there a bunch of times to the lodge. There's a reason the road is in a **** condition, if everyone could haul boats in how else would they get ya to rent one? Lol

We take these risks in life, not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us. Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams. - No Fear

http://youtu.be/3JbTBYk7xII

http://youtu.be/Ujl2kz1M8y8
Old 05-07-2015, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK Angler View Post
Light foot, take your time. I can't remember if you said you had a rock guard or not, would recommend one. It's do able, don't get me wrong, but like I said I messed a boat up pretty good from hauling it in there a bunch of times to the lodge. There's a reason the road is in a **** condition, if everyone could haul boats in how else would they get ya to rent one? Lol
Ya, I've got the Teflon rock guard on my trailer.

I know that's the reason the road is so rustic, but it keeps the lake in good shape I guess. It sounds like a risk vs reward trip.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Banned

I seem to have good weather going in and than always bad coming out.. oh man the gray hairs..
Old 05-09-2015, 07:45 AM

I never had any major issues going in with my 14ft aluminum hauled by a Tacoma. Great Lake. Went with two buddies one time and all three of us caught our PB pike... Go for it!