Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: C of Red

Quick question.. Why is that most Calgary fans have moved on to NEXT year country. and you Calgary haters are still here?
Perhaps some jelousy involved. Hate the fact we made the playoffs and Edmon didnt?
I guess it boils down to "if you cant cheer for your team then try and drag the other team down"

Go ahead guys if it makes you feel better.
But at the end of the day we had a better season than you did.
Sorry just the truth.
As for next year, you can speculate all you want. But thats all it is.

GO STAMPS GO!

Jamie
Old 04-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Mackaylake

In response to one of the village idiots, my team is still in the playoffs!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Jamie Hunt

Mackay, and just who would that be?
In all your huffing and puffing I cant seem to recall who you say is "your team"
In fact I went over about 5 pages here and you never ever say anything that suggestes you have a "team" All you seem to want to do is bring down Calgary. Nothing positive about your team, just negativity.. Is that how you live your life? I couldnt imagine going through life being that negative all the time.
Any how good luck with your issues
Old 04-28-2007, 09:11 PM
perchfisher90

lol..jamie you sure seem to be defencive:eek im sensing some denial from your side, lol

and yep, it was one of the RARE years that calgary got farther then edmonton! Enjoy the next 2 or 3 years of shames hockey:rollin :rollin :rollin GO BUFFALO!
Old 04-29-2007, 12:45 PM
BrownBear416

Default Arggg

I agree with Jamie,moveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnn Coilers.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:07 AM
perchfisher90

Default Re: Arggg

just doing what you guys did last year! sucks when the table turns eh
Old 04-30-2007, 12:13 AM
slipbobber

I wonder who was the #1 Oiler basher last year? Seamed like fun then didn't it.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Jamie Hunt

Sorry Slip. In fact after you guys lost I gave it a break. In fact I remember makeing fun of my own team. IE the pic of Iggy.

Jamie
Old 04-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Mackaylake

I once suggested that this topic was titled NHL, but all the posts have been about Calgary/ Edmonton. I have nothing against Edmonton, but I think I despise the Phlegms just because of their so called fans. Anyways my team is ABC. And any team that has Joe Thornton. We'll see ya in the reg season, because your playoff days are gone for a few years.

Don't be so bitter Jaime. It's only hockey, you must have something else in your life. Like the aforementioned "hunting with whitetailer"
Old 04-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Duffy4

Default Re: no real hockey talk going on here.

Now i remember why I just about never bother looking in here. There normally isn't any real hockey talk going on in this thread. Just a lot of pointless nonsence.

Robin
Old 04-30-2007, 11:01 AM
BloodHound70

Default Re: no real hockey talk going on here.

I think it can be put to rest until trade time, then things might heat up again.

GO SENS
GO VAN

BH
Old 04-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Okotokian

Quote:
Quick question.. Why is that most Calgary fans have moved on to NEXT year country. and you Calgary haters are still here?
Because we Oiler Fans don't jump off bandwagons Jamie. We hate the Flames during the season, we hate 'em during playoffs, and we hate 'em during the off season! LOL :lol

Be happy. If we didn't hate each other, life would be SO empty LOL
Old 04-30-2007, 12:29 PM
kanonfodder

I agree Blood once free agency kicks in then the fun will begin again......decent playoffs so far lots of OT games.......still hoping for a SJ vs Buf CUP that would be entertaining Have no fear Jamie we can trash talk CFL soon
Old 04-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Okotokian

Quote:
still hoping for a SJ vs Buf CUP that would be entertaining
I HAVE to believe the league is praying for a NY/anahiem final. Think about it, the two biggest cities (Anahiem being part of LA). The old NY cup with Mess at the helm generated more excitement and publicity than a dozen Carolina or Tampa Bay wins. The other night I'm watching some US non-sports TV show and they mention Messier. You think anyone's going to be talking about Daniel Briere 10 years after Buffalo wins (or even a week after they win)? wow. The league cannot buy the type of publicity a Rangers Cup win gets.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:18 PM
kanonfodder

Personally I don't give a rats rear end what the league would love all I care about is what I wanna watch lol ..... besides Calif would get behind a Sharks team and most of Canada would go Buff in my humble opinion
Old 04-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Mackaylake

I think I just watched this years cup winner. The winner of the wings /sharks are going to go all the way! You heard it here first
Old 05-01-2007, 12:32 AM
perchfisher90

nope, sabres straight to the end...GOOOOOO BUFFFFFFFALO!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:17 PM
perchfisher90

BREAKINGG NEWWWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek :eek :eek
Flames are already re-tooling for next season, made a huge signing today..i really didn't expect this:eek This guy i'm sure will be the cream of the crop next year..hes probably their best player they have now!

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Old 05-01-2007, 08:57 PM
perchfisher90

what a load of bull$h*t...anyone watch that buffalo/new york game? that puck was friggin in, i dont care what anyone sais..oh the black part of the pad blocked it out blah blah its garbage, it was in and it was clear. Gotta hate the nhl and bias with big cities>:
Old 05-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Mackaylake

It was probably in. But not according to the rules. Atleast the phlegms are gone!!!!LOL
Old 05-02-2007, 12:38 PM
BrownBear416

:lol Funny pic Perch......but i think we all know who will be re tooling.:rolleyes
Old 05-03-2007, 12:25 AM
Baulde

After failing to make the playoffs, with a losing record in the regular season, and the even more devastating loss in the entry draft lottery the Oilers organization is looking to the future. First they traded Ryan Smyth to crush the teams spirit. Rebuilding begins this spring starting with their branding. These designs were submitted to the team owners by the players themselves:

They stuck with the first logo.

Pretty much sums up their direction entirely – short and sweet. They are debating changing the orange oil drop to a blue tear, to symbolize those shed by all the fans as they remember the proud history of their team.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:57 AM
kanonfodder

Lol nice Baulde, we were out of it so long ago it doesn't sting as much as having that great "team on paper" fold like a cheap tent.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Mackaylake

So long Canucks. What is it with Canadian teams? They have a good goalie but no heart. Except for Ottawa so far. I wonder how many rounds of golf the Phlegms have in so far?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Baulde

Not as many rounds as the Greasers. They were playing golf about 20 games before the season even ended.

Dammit, only one Canadian team left. Not looking to be a good year at all.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Mackaylake

Were ya a little nervous, Perch?

It's a great year, the Shames are gone. What more could ya ask for!!!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:59 AM
perchfisher90

Default YEAHH

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! What an awsome win by Buffalo!! Scored 8 seconds left in the game, then scored in overtime! Sweeeeeet!

Mackay, not jelous at all, we signed cogliano Its gonna be one hell of a team next season!!!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Mackaylake

Default Re: YEAHH

"Mackay, not jelous at all, we signed cogliano Its gonna be one hell of a team next season!!!"

I don't know what your talking about!?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:35 AM
Jamie Hunt

Looks like Oilers are up for sale
www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story...ubname=nhl

I wonder if that is why they are having a garage sale?
SOme of you die hards in here might enjoy some of the stuff they are selling. Go check it out.

Jamie
Old 05-06-2007, 01:27 PM
kanonfodder

Are you kidding James this is great news. This offer came out of the blue, the owner group had no idea it was coming. He owns Rexall, hes worth almost 2 BILLION. He offered 145 million ( which is what Forbes est the team worth ) I hear some owners want to sell and get their money out but some want to keep their hands in. In an ideal world Katz would get the majority, and those wanting to remain involved would keep a minority position.....I think that it will happen at around 150 million....but heck what do I know