Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-04-2009, 09:08 PM

Default First bow: a few questions

Hey guys! I just got a PSE Phaser II with a 30 inch pull and 60# weight. Can this bow be set to a lower weight so my wife can shoot too?? Also the sights have 4 crosshairs, is this used for different distances?? I am very excited to get out and go for mulies this year! (may take me a few frusterating trips till I get him lol) thanks in advance for answering my noobie questions.
happy hunting
goose
Old 08-04-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosefrabba View Post
Hey guys! I just got a PSE Phaser II with a 30 inch pull and 60# weight. Can this bow be set to a lower weight so my wife can shoot too?? Also the sights have 4 crosshairs, is this used for different distances?? I am very excited to get out and go for mulies this year! (may take me a few frusterating trips till I get him lol) thanks in advance for answering my noobie questions.
happy hunting
goose
The bow poundage should be adjustable to lowwer poundage so that ur wife can draw the bow back. However the bow is set at 30" which is probably to long for her to shoot. Proper draw length Adjustment should be made in Order for your wife to shoot that bow safely. In my opinion take her to a bow shop where she can get the basics figured out and have her shoot some bows, if she likes shooting then purchase a bow Just for her.
4 crosshairs? I'll assume that those are what are reffered to as pins, depending on how old the sight is they can be brass, colored lines, or fiber optics. And yes these pins are sighted in/used to shoot different distances
Old 08-04-2009, 10:00 PM

thanks munyee, that helps alot. Guess i'll buy wifey a bow, i never thought about the 30" pull being a problem cause she cant even draw it back lol. And my sights are colored lines. Are there certain distances they should be set for? or do i set them to my heart's content?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 PM

Default Question

Have you shot any archery equipment for any lenth of time??????
Old 08-04-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosefrabba View Post
thanks munyee, that helps alot. Guess i'll buy wifey a bow, i never thought about the 30" pull being a problem cause she cant even draw it back lol. And my sights are colored lines. Are there certain distances they should be set for? or do i set them to my heart's content?
you can set them to your hearts content...... but perferable to your comfort distances.... the chances are the previous owner of the bow has the pin set in 10 yard increments, so could likely go 10-20-30-40yards or 20-30-40-50yards.

Seeing as how you are the absolute newbie to this great and wonderful sport, may i suggest bringin your bow into a bow shop and have them give you a hand. This way you and your wife can get down the basics. such as your draw length and other helpful pointers or answers you maybe looking for.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIBACKPACKER View Post
Have you shot any archery equipment for any lenth of time??????
nope i just inherited the bow recently an am now very excited to get out and use it. I had a recurve when i was younger but did't shoot that much either. so time will tell i guess.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:16 PM

definately take the time to go to an archery shop and get some pointers for sure .. Get them to set the bow up to your specs .This will make it much easier for you to learn properly .. Good luck and welcome to the archery world ..it so much better ..

mamba