Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-14-2018, 09:23 PM

Default Birtch Strubel Rat and a rumour. Update

It's going to be short and sweet just like the luck I had fishing lol. Got a late start hit birch first fished from 1030-12 didn't get a hit didn't see a fish. There were a fair bit of people out and no one looked like they were doing much better but who knows. Showed up at strubel at around 2 drilled holes in 24fow cause I don't know the lake and wasted about an hour and a half cause we didn't get a bite out that deep. Drilled in a line from 7-17 fow and at about 4 started to get a frew very light hits. Once 5pm came around we started catching rainbows almost as fast as we could drop the hook down and that lasted for about 30 min when I had a thump on the line much heavier then all the others and ended up landing about a 18 incher. That was the last fish of the day wish we could have had a few more that size. Never made it to rat lake maybe next weekend. As for the rumour lake it's full of perch but they were all small so unless the big ones hide somewhere else I'll have to keep hunting.