Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
I made the same mistake. I was however able to return it. 270 went through it like it wasn't there. My actual AR500 gong at the same distance didn't have a mark on it. I documented with photos and they took it back.

G

Well, if looking for solid AR500 targets.....

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...55#post3856955
Old 10-18-2018, 12:29 PM

If you want junk, they have it. Lots of it. Having said that, sometimes all we require is junk.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
If you want junk, they have it. Lots of it. Having said that, sometimes all we require is junk.
lol , well said !!!
Old 10-18-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
This place isn't owned by Bianca Amor, is it ?

Grizz
Old 10-18-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
This place isn't owned by Bianca Amor, is it ?

Grizz
I do not know

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcor View Post
My husband bought 2 LED fluorescent light bulbs. Wasn't sure at the moment if they had to be 1 or 2 pin. Well unfortunately he bought the wrong ones. looked their return policy online, said they will do in-store credit. Well after driving 1 1/2 hours to the Edmonton store and waisting my time, I was told 'sorry, I can't help u!' Handed me a card for claims department and sent me on my not so merry way! WELL, if you want to buy stuff from this place, make sure u know what u are getting because they do not stand by their return policy. I don't usually post bad things, but I was not the only customer upset at the counter at the time. This is the review i left on google:
I exchanged some LED lights I found elsewhere for a light bar, no questions asked.

He told me the customers tone dictates how it's gonna go down.
Pretty crappy business model but now ya know.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:06 AM

I was gonna buy a toolbox from there until I was informed that if I wanted to pay with my credit card there was a 15% "service charge" added on.
I can see a small fee for inexpensive items that people wanna put on their card but for a $1500 toolbox? Naaa...I'll pass.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
I was gonna buy a toolbox from there until I was informed that if I wanted to pay with my credit card there was a 15% "service charge" added on.
I can see a small fee for inexpensive items that people wanna put on their card but for a $1500 toolbox? Naaa...I'll pass.
Somehow, one senses they won't be around in the long run. In a similar vein, notice there's a Giant Tiger in Red Deer . Thought they pulled out of Canada. Last one I visited was a similar adventure.

Grizz
Old 10-19-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Somehow, one senses they won't be around in the long run. In a similar vein, notice there's a Giant Tiger in Red Deer . Thought they pulled out of Canada. Last one I visited was a similar adventure.

Grizz
Are you thinking Target perhaps?
Old 11-04-2018, 08:28 AM

Made the trip up to Calgary yesterday and visited Uncle Weiners. As others have said there sure is a lot of very low quality merchandise. I was on the fence about buying some 235 80 16 trailer tires as they are about 92.00 each which is a good price but left without anything. Just thought that the tire quality probably matched the quality of the rest of the products in the store.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:53 PM

I bought a 22 inch curved light bar to put on my car. I used to to commute and it had no dogs lights. The thing was $54 and its bright as hell. I love it.

I recently purchased a set of winter tires for my car. So far they seem to drive nice. Been snowing here for a few days, roast are icy and slushy. Tires grip good. Haven't spun out or slid at all. I'll try and update after the winter. Great price $279 for a set of 4. They are studable as well. I didnt have high expectations but they have been exceeded so far.

Now I look around and wonder if I like them!
Old 11-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Default Chinese tires

I’ve been using the long march 11r24.5 tires made in China on all my trucks since 2016. I get 250,000 km to a set, but they don’t have a core as they can’t be re-treaded. I use to run Michelin and I’d get 300,000 km but they cost three times as much. Simple math and I’ve never had a long march blow on the highway yet. Only tires that blow are retreads. This has been my experience, but if your a buy merican type than just don’t do the math.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayr View Post
I’ve been using the long march 11r24.5 tires made in China on all my trucks since 2016. I get 250,000 km to a set, but they don’t have a core as they can’t be re-treaded. I use to run Michelin and I’d get 300,000 km but they cost three times as much. Simple math and I’ve never had a long march blow on the highway yet. Only tires that blow are retreads. This has been my experience, but if your a buy merican type than just don’t do the math.
Do you use these tires just in summer then? I mean for them to last that long the compound has gotta be as pliable as concrete pretty much.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENINC View Post
Do you use these tires just in summer then? I mean for them to last that long the compound has gotta be as pliable as concrete pretty much.
We use them year round on hiway 63. Tridrive pulling tridem and running 54300 loaded for 50% of the km. We load 45 km south of ft Mac and unload in grassland, 365 days a year. We don’t use Chinese steering, just drives and trailer. The steering tires seem to have balancing issues. We also run them down to nothing as you can’t retread anyways.