Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-23-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Hunting Pranks

Thought this would be a great forum to share some funny jokes played on hunting/fishing buddies. Last fall after a long morning of walking through the bush in two feet of snow, my hunting buddy and I returned to the truck welcomed by two steamers left on under each door of the pick-up, can't wait to get the boys back this fall for their smelly present, but how.....
Old 07-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Gone Hunting

Hey, a little azz wipe stuffed into the objective lenses of their scopes one morning when the whitetails are really given-er, should fix your problem!!! And Mr. Big gets away again, , that might not be a real good idea....Then again...

keep a strain on er.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:58 PM

I stole my buddies Leatherman out of his sheath when we were quading and stuck it in my pocket with the intent of letting him sweat it a bit thinking he lost it.Somehow before he realized it was missing it fell out of my pocket and i lost it. So i did what any good friend would do.....i helped him look for it and kept my damn mouth shut.

I also set up a mounted 160 whitetail buck out in a cutblock and tricked my 70year old uncle into shooting it.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:01 AM

The best ice-fishin prank is to tie some line from your chair over to your buddies tip up and jerk away, he is sure to get lots of exercise before snapping, they often look down the hole and tell you how big the phantom fish is
Old 07-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Gone Hunting

Haha , ive done the same thing afew times but while bait fishin on soft water. Someone gets bored or goes for another beer or whatever, and i often gives me just enough time if ive got my sh#t together.Just tie off with a spool of mono to the rod tip while the rod is in the rod holder, run er straight down, under a rock, and spool er off back to your chair. Start yarding, and the show begins Nothin better than watchin somone on the run for a bite when the fishins been slow man , ive watched some awesome lookin crash and burns!! The hook sets are explosive too, and they are always showin off, cause they know everyone is lookin!!! .

keep a strain on er.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Banned

Ohhh.. Lets see

Dirty underwear in the pillow case (DIRTY DIRTY)
Can of ham under the mattress.. (# days sleeping on it)
Air conditioning turned on in a running truck (-30 or so)
Air conditioning blasted in the back of a suburban and blaming it on leaky windows from Westlock to Calgary, (Cripes that was cold)
Guy getting pulled from tent by a horse (I WISH I could have seen that one)
A FULL moon hanging out the door of a trailer as the guy opens the door and climbs the steps. (I actually laughed so hard I got a bleeding nose)
Guy holding a armful of fire wood while another guy is loading him up from approx 1.5' below and sneaking up behind the holder, ripping down his sweat pants only to find out he was not wearing any underwear. And the loader getting the surprise of his life. (Perhaps the best ever)

We have a bunch of fun... My wife thinks we are all little kids

Jamie
Old 07-24-2007, 09:48 AM

A good one for the guy's whom are really sensitive about their brand new very exspensive equipment....is getting to their quad and shutting the gas off...they usually go about a 100yrds or so before the thing will spudder and die....then there are P.O'd and swearing how they are going to tear a strip out of the dealership who sold it to them.....

My girlfriend purchased a personal silcone toy and put it in the pocket of my camo pants before we went to Wainwright last year....as the 4 of us were getting all geared up in our hotel room that 1st morning to head to the base I felt something large in the pocket....I pulled it out in front of everyone (not knowing what the heck it was).....and man did I turn red....everyone pee'd them selves laughing...thank god I didn't notice it at the hunter info session and pull it out then.....

Another hunting partner got his finger nails painted while sleeping at the camp fire...He had a few drinks to celebrate the bull he dropped that morning.....NEVER FALL A SLEEP AT THE CAMP FIRE.

Another hunting partner always had the idea that if he was the first one to leave camp every morning, he had the best chance of seeing that monster buck before the rest of us....so he was always the first to bed and first to rise....usually as your we just getting out of the tent in the morning you would catch the tail light of his quad heading out of camp...so one night after he went to bed, we used about 6 rolls of orange flagging tape to decorate his quad.....he choose to leave a little later rather than venture off with the barbie mobile...and yes, the rest of us beat him out that morning...and 5 minutes after legal light, one of the group shot a whitetail that netted 172....our friend heard the shot while still removing the tape.....
Old 07-24-2007, 10:00 AM

last season my buddy dropped a bull moose and called his cousin to come help. totally by accident the cousin got some hide/flesh on his boot and it got caught on the backside of his gas pedal right next to the heating vent for a few weeks. he said the stench was brutal but could not figure it out.. he did eventually but i htink that would be a great prank to put a piece of flesh under the pedal or even in the vent itself! later

M
Old 07-24-2007, 01:07 PM

On a fishing trip my brother had a few too many cocktails the night before and choose to sleep in the next morning. On nights like that he keeps a glass of water next to his bed. When he went to guzzle it down the next morning he sucked in a fish eye for breakfest, it didn't stay down for very long.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:30 PM
-NDN-

when the wife an I are out hunting grouse, i sometimes put some rocks in my pocket, and throw themout in the bush, and she will do everything she can to find that grouse that made a noise in the bushes. LOL. i still havent filled her in
Old 07-24-2007, 06:49 PM

I pulled this one on a young feller who just killed his first deer.
It happened to be a doe, and as I made my way over to the kill I preceeded to drop my pants and attempt to mount the now dead doe, only to stop short of dropping my underwear, and apologized to him for my bad manners,got a real serious look on my face, and said I guess since you shot her you get the first ride, I think he stopped only because my wife walked around the corner of the bush. I had sore ribs for a week after laughing so hard.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-24-2007, 08:43 PM

Take the chain off the chain saw, sneak into the tent where your buddy is sleeping, gently place the bar of the chainless saw between his legs and fire it up. Put on a old style goalie mask for added effect.

Safety Note: make sure to remove all firearms from the tent before attempting this prank.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 PM

Great Thread!

One of my old hunting partners met me on the trunk road in Mountaineer Lodge. He was towing his quad trailer with his Pathfinder. When we me he was mad because a rock had just dinged off of the trailer and popped out his back window.

Anyway, it was decided that we would travel about 60km south to hunt. God, you'd have to know the guy, but he is very serious and the world is out to get him!

He starts out first, and the first chance I get I pass him and throw up as much dust as possible for the next hour! If he slowed down, so did I. Eventually he gave up! I swear there was an inch of dust on his seats and dash when we got there! It's a good thing I didn't shoot a deer, 'cause there was no WAY that quad was helping my azz out that night!

Tree
PS That was 5 years ago, and he's STILL mad!
Old 07-25-2007, 07:46 PM

Those are some great ones to try this year,
A few of mine are shoe polish on the bino eye rubbers, if you can not let your buddy know, it's a joke that lasts all day.
To introduce a new hunter look for some deer droppings, pick them up, then replace them with some glossette raisins and eat them. then offer the new guy the real stuff. Even if they don't eat them they will think you are nuts.
Hack off a leg from a kill and use it to make tracks around the tent or truck.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:57 PM
101sonny

Default Pranks

Reading this thread i have to say WOW I have never even thought of this kind of stuff . Just me .
Old 07-26-2007, 05:04 PM

I was heading to our hunting area with 2 buddies in the truck, one in the front pass. seat, the other in the back.........well the guy in the back always had the habit of attaching one of those scent wafers to his boot soaked in deer estrus. On this day the guy in back decided to take the wafer off his boot and very carefully place it on the left shoulder of the guy in the front seat. (He was busy talking and looking out the pass side window). Of course he eventually smells it and turns to give the guy in the back **** for wearing those things in the truck, but every time he turns his head he gets the strong waft of the doe estrus. This went on for several minutes, with the guy in front just about losing it, complaining about the bad smell and how it kept coming in waves.............Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep the truck on the road, I was laughing so hard, I had tears in my eyes and I couldn't see, my guts were in agony and I could barely keep my hands on the steering wheel..........It was one of the funniest things I had ever seen......lol
Old 07-26-2007, 05:41 PM

Man am I glad I am not the only immature sort around. We just got back from a stag where ten of us headed to Dore Lake in N Sask for 6 days of fishn, after being informed that the cabins were on a cistern system and to use the "if its yellow let it mellow and if it's brown flush it down" a few of us decided that aroma is best shared and would sneak into other guys cabins and if it was brown we would leave it around.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:07 AM

Well a few years ago myself and 3 buddies were up hunting near GP. We had the good fortune of using a family friends drilling camp as home base. The trailers were not being used at the time, so we had the whole camp to ourselves. We split into pairs for the entire trip. What we didn't tell the other pair was that amongst the empty trailers was one that had a full fuctioning bathroom complete with showers. Everyday me and my buddy would make sure we got to camp first and have a shower and use the can. When we would be all together and had to go use the facilities, we would walk into the bush as if to go, then skirt the camp and slip into the working trailer. For five days we let the other 2 guys crap in the bush and not shower. On the fifth day as one of the guys was proceeding to go do his deed in the bush, we asked him why he is always going into the bush when there is a perfectly good bathroom just over there in the trailer. We completely lost it.... I laughed so hard I could barely breath. After they calmed down a bit (didn't find it nearly as funny as we did) they said it finally all made sense to them. They couldn't figure out why we didn't stink like them and always looked so clean.....We still to this day give them a hard time about it. Truely one of our greatest gags.

BH
Old 07-27-2007, 08:43 AM

Default stole a moose

Back when I guided lots we always made plans on where we were going to hunt. So i was about a mile from where the other guide was going. It was about an hour before dark and i herad shoots in the drection where he was so I headed over. Found that they had shoot a moose and he had left his hunter to go and get help. well I had a bike stashed in the bush real close and instead of waiting I pulled the moose out with his hunter and headed to camp. Well to make this even better the other guide headed back in With the boss and when they got there no hunter or moose he couldn't understand where they were or if he made a wrong turn somewhere. After about 20 mins the boss said that he could see the drag marks and that the guts where still fresh. He cused me for a week after.
Loco
Old 07-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Hunting Pranks

Two of us put the remains of a grizz pile(highbush cranberry)in a jar and put into our neighbours cupboard. All of us have known each other for at least 20years. What a commotion when they put the "jam" on their toast the next morning!!!!! One of the wives probably caught "*****" for the poor quality of her jam.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:53 PM

Default payback for a prank

i got even for a buddy leaving my spool of fishing line short changed so when i cast i only had 2 yards of line loaded...no fish that day!so the next day it was payback time at supper i did the cooking and every one was a little tipsy from the brown sauce and whisky. i put earth worms on his plate, covered it with spagetti sauce and serves up his supper ...he turned 3 shades of green ..ran out the door an heaved like no tommorow!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:38 PM

Ah man after nearly peein my self and definitely wiping the tears away Dick this is frickin hilarious , just for some of the newer members thought Id bump this thread alive again . Man that is funny . I think I got a picture resembling something close to this .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
It happened to be a doe, and as I made my way over to the kill I proceeded to drop my pants and attempt to mount the now dead doe, only to stop short of dropping my underwear, and apologized to him for my bad manners,got a real serious look on my face, and said I guess since you shot her you get the first ride, I think he stopped only because my wife walked around the corner of the bush. I had sore ribs for a week after laughing so hard.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:48 PM

Now this is a thread worth resurrecting!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:02 PM

A few years ago while moose and elk hunting south of GP with my normal group and my buddies group the pranks got out of hand. The groups consisted of myself, my Father, Uncle, my 2 cousins, My buddy, his Dad, Uncle and 2 of his Dad's buddies. My Dad and I got tired of all the pranks so on the last day we figured we would give them something to remember. We made sure we were alone at camp the last day to pull off our plans. My buddies truck was the first target. We peeled back the lining under his hood and used hay wire to tie up a piece of a moose leg and then covered it again with the lining. Inside one of the other guys campers we stuck a gland in a drawer in the back corner underneath the lining. The following summer was the funniest summer I have ever experienced listening to them talk about trying to find these stenches to no avail! We finally broke down and told them in about August! They have never messed with us again!

Another failed prank involved a buddy at work. Lets just say this guy suffered from little man syndrome and had the biggest mouth around. In november I kept the glands off of the buck I got and took them to work. He drove a YJ and always left it unlocked. At lunch I opened the door and inserted a couple glands under the carpet. I could not wait for them to heat up! Problem was just after Christmas the Jeep was stolen! After telling him what he missed out on he could not believe it and did not get it at all. After the insurance claim was done and he had his new vehicle he got a call to come identify what they thought may have been his stolen Jeep. It was now July and when he opened the door of the Jeep he almost puked on the spot. It seemed whoever stole it decided to abandon it for some reason west of the city!!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

Me and two of my buddies were hunting west of Rocky. One of my buddies was a bit of a loner and somewhat "strange". He went one direction and the other buddy and I went the other direction saying we would meet back at the truck for lunch.

Well just before getting back to the truck I had a wicked nose bleed. Gushing like I had been shot. So across the road I go leaving a pretty good blood trail on some deer tracks. We put a couple shots in to the dirt and waited for buddy to come back for lunch.

He had heard the shots and wondered what we got. Told him it was a monster mulie and that the blood trail was just up the road a few yards. He got all excited and started to brag about his tracking skills. So we loaded up and let him lead us. Hell he was "tracking" for about 1/2 hour until we couldn't hold it in any longer. He was a little ****ed at us. And to think about it that was the last time I hunted with him.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:20 PM

Default practical jokes

hideing a used bra (the bigger the better) available at any salvation army used clothing outlet, in your buddies clothing that he takes home for the wife to clean. You can guess the results and I still deny it fiercly.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Man View Post
hideing a used bra (the bigger the better) available at any salvation army used clothing outlet, in your buddies clothing that he takes home for the wife to clean. You can guess the results and I still deny it fiercly.
Thats an oldy but a gooder . Gotta get one of them old lunch lady bra's that have 12 cast iron hooks on em , make it look like big birtha and a matching set of flower print under britches .

I reasently witnessed the 4 shot .280 wake up . Man all I could hear was $@%k you guys .
Old 05-26-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
It happened to be a doe, and as I made my way over to the kill I preceeded to drop my pants and attempt to mount the now dead doe, only to stop short of dropping my underwear, and apologized to him for my bad manners,got a real serious look on my face, and said I guess since you shot her you get the first ride, I think he stopped only because my wife walked around the corner of the bush. I had sore ribs for a week after laughing so hard.
Two fellas at work years ago , (inlaws) took the one's young fella out for his first hunt. They set up triangulating a field, and the young guy pops a small buck. Well, here come Ronny racing across the field trying to get his pants down yelling " ME FIRST"!!
Danny ( the yougster) told me this a few years later, and said that both his dad and Ron ( the uncle) said that's what you did with the first deer, but Danny just brushed it off - that is untill he saw Ron at full gallop , (all 5'5",275 pounds of him!) across the field!.
I asked Ron about it a few years back and he danged near peed himself laughing about it, and couldn't tell the story himself for about a half hour!!
The young fella said that visual of Ron completely unhinged him for years!!

Myself, one of the funniest I pulled was when I had our projects manager in the boat with my best hunting buddy, Trapper Wheeler.
Morris and Trapper had hunted lots together, and were always full of pranks.
We were anchored in a spot and somehow Morris and I had got the "not so good " part of the boat.
Well, Ol'Trapper says " hey throw me a bunch of minnows , will ya?"
Mo' and I looked at each other, and at the same time heaved about 5 each at him in our best fastball styles we could muster!!
after the cussin' stopped there was something said about us envying someone who could outfish us, but it fell on deaf ears!!
Cat
Old 05-26-2009, 03:58 PM

Well my dad always brags about the best prank they did to their buddy. Their buddy was a rookie hunter and just shot himself his first mulie buck. Just like an other first hunter smiling ear to ear and all excited about his first kill. So they tell him that he needs to gut it, so he pulls out his knife and asks my dad and everyone else what he needs to do first. They said, "stick your finger right up its butt!" So not knowing what to do he puts his fingers right up the dead deers up, and a nerve pinched and the guy gets up its still alive its still alive and just starts freaking out. During this time all the guys just burst out in laughter.

While he was freaking out my dad unloads his gun that he left lended up against the fender of the truck. And puts his gun unloaded and everything back into its case and hides it in the back of the truck. The deer gets gutted and drained out and thrown into the back of the truck. The guys start driving down the road and then the guy starts freaking out where is my gun, I left my gun. So they drive back to the spot of the deer kill and they try to find it and he has no clue where is it. He's still freaking out when my dad pulls the gun out of the back of the truck. The guy was never so embarrassed.

I'm glad my dad told me these stories before i first started hunting.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:02 PM

so this year we were on our way home from a long day of hunting and we had a new guy with us . We have this thing when a buddy falls asleep we keep tapping the breaks to watch his head keep bobbing up and down .

Well this guy was so tired he never once woke up , so we came up with a plan to hammer on the breaks , swerve all over the road and scream at the top our lungs . Imeediately when we did this he he rocked forward till the seat belt locked , he woke up screaming like a 12 year old and was covering his face . We literally had to pull over cause we were laughing so hard at him .

He got so mad that he was like take me home right now , take me home right now .. Upon dropping him off , he informed us that he had completly S**t himself ..