Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
They're alive and kicking in the States, my Step-Dad was invited in back when he joined the local Masonic Lodge during their spell living in east Texas, and naturally he declined. I wouldn't have a clue about their existence up here, I think if they do they sure keep a lower profile than the Neo-Nazi's and those type of hate groups.
I have no idea how anybody could figure that Freemasonry and the KKK are even remotely connected?
Cat
Old 04-28-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I have no idea how anybody could figure that Freemasonry and the KKK are even remotely connected?
Cat
Yes this is avery good question!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Cat

You've got me, and as a good fellow he did his part in not connecting them. FWIW I'm fairly certain the invite was extended casually from another member(s) rather than anything to do with the Lodge itself. He said it gave him the heebie-jeebies.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:06 AM

It's kind of funny but we don't always associate the klan with Canada but it is/was here. There was one in NB, operating mainly out of Moncton into the late 60's early 70's I believe as well. I came across some of their documents in the local library doing some research.

The rhetoric was something concerning French Catholics and wife beating or some fool thing.

Flip side of it, same research turned up a personal journal of a baptist minister from about thirty years earlier. One entry discussed a Sunday afternoon visitation to a house with the deacons where the wife had missed a few services. They had a front porch chat with the man of the house about not striking his wife due to her appearance. Rather friendly however he did write down, "we remarked that we should not like to return as we'd be less then cordial in our wishes."

Stupidity is taxable and sometimes I get to be the collector.