Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-26-2009, 05:35 PM

Default WTB compound bow set up

Hey all,

I'm looking to have my first archery season this year and I'm looking for a bow set up, all, in, for cheap (well, reasonable).

Does anybody have any tried, tested, true, and accurate used bows? Or can anyone recommend a good factory set up?

Thanks,

DT
Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 PM

This is my personal preference, somethin by bowtech but they are pricey or a Diamond. But it all depends on wut you like. I shoot both and both are very reliable, forgiving, light, fast bows for me!!! hope this points ya in the right direction
Old 06-26-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtech-boy View Post
This is my personal preference, somethin by bowtech but they are pricey or a Diamond. But it all depends on wut you like. I shoot both and both are very reliable, forgiving, light, fast bows for me!!! hope this points ya in the right direction
I'd say be careful on the bowtechs. Some models are ok but they have had some issues with limbs since after 2006. They make great bows just be sure to do your research. A great site with tons of info is www.archerytalk.com
I'd say the best bows for your dollar are made by Martin and Bear. They don't break the bank and are awesome shooters. Go try out some bows and see how you like them. All manufacturers make great bows but it all depends on what you want.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:43 PM

Talking

check out my post in the for sale section!!!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:25 PM

Default bow

Hi I have two older Hoyt bows completely set up and ready to hunt just under $400. each To your door if interested you can Email me at masterguide@ns.sympatico.ca I have pictures of them
Old 07-03-2009, 04:26 PM

You can check out my post in the "For Sale" section as well!

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=31282
Old 07-06-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeo View Post
I'd say be careful on the bowtechs. Some models are ok but they have had some issues with limbs since after 2006.
The limb issue was only on the General in '08, which they corrected ASAP. Most of the generals never even made it off the rack before they had new improved limbs put on. They even upgraded the limbs on my '05 Defender when it went in for warrenty work due to an accidental dry firing. The defect was where the cam axle went through the limb, it just wasn't beefy enough. Not the case anymore. The only other problem with Bowtech is the price. It definately falls in the catagory of "high end". If they're beyond your budget, check out the Diamond line. Very good quality bows, and they have complete packages that are very reasonably priced.