Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 05-19-2016, 09:44 PM

Default Bow input- Bear Crux

Hey guys, looking at buying a new bow for the upcoming season. For the last 6 years I've used a Parker Hunter Mag. It's served me well but would like to upgrade. I've read reviews for quite a few and the Bear Crux has caught my attention. Anyone have any experience with this model?

Thanks for any input!
Old 05-19-2016, 10:01 PM
Banned

It's a good starter bow for the money, personally I'd save up a few hundred more and get a higher end model, something you'll be happy with for a lot longer.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2016, 07:54 AM

jlgsgw has a good point...the Crux although a good bow for its money is not really an upgrade from what you have now, both bows...great bows for the dollar are rated as entry level bows...meaning good quality bows to see if its an interest you want to pursue without investing a big dollar...

Its obvious your interest is there, so as jlgsgw stated perhaps saving an extra few hundred and getting a higher end bow will serve you better...

Shop around ..shoot a few...the bow will pick you or you will know which one it is... Although I have access to high end bows my choice for hunting is the APA viper AIR...outstanding value at the $800.00 dollar mark...it wasn't the cost but the feel and the connection with the bow that sold me...for me one of the most accurate and versatile hunting bows I have ever shot...

Neil
Old 05-20-2016, 08:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
jlgsgw has a good point...the Crux although a good bow for its money is not really an upgrade from what you have now, both bows...great bows for the dollar are rated as entry level bows...meaning good quality bows to see if its an interest you want to pursue without investing a big dollar...

Its obvious your interest is there, so as jlgsgw stated perhaps saving an extra few hundred and getting a higher end bow will serve you better...

Shop around ..shoot a few...the bow will pick you or you will know which one it is... Although I have access to high end bows my choice for hunting is the APA viper AIR...outstanding value at the $800.00 dollar mark...it wasn't the cost but the feel and the connection with the bow that sold me...for me one of the most accurate and versatile hunting bows I have ever shot...

Neil
OK Neil , you twisted my arm, send me up one of those m32 and let me shoot it for just 5 or 6 years and then I promise I'll consider buying it lol

Old 05-20-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgsgw View Post
OK Neil , you twisted my arm, send me up one of those m32 and let me shoot it for just 5 or 6 years and then I promise I'll consider buying it lol

You wont like it too much bow for you lmao
Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 05-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyard View Post
You wont like it too much bow for you lmao
Lol by the time I get him to order it in an 80lber you might be right

Old 05-20-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgsgw View Post
Lol by the time I get him to order it in an 80lber you might be right

Tuned one last week for pre string stretch/ settlement and she was cranking 74lbs on a 70 lb ...think I saw smoke or vapor trail on arrows...lol

Neil
Old 05-20-2016, 09:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Tuned one last week for pre string stretch/ settlement and she was cranking 74lbs on a 70 lb ...think I saw smoke or vapor trail on arrows...lol

Neil
Lol no doubt

Old 05-20-2016, 08:15 PM

I bought the Bear Arena 34 last year and I love it. But like They say said make sure you go shoot some different ones cause they are all really nice. Save the extra money up and get a bit higher end one you will be happy in the end.